• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

fork stabilizer

rich_havens

Super Veteran
Just an update:

i ordered one fork stabilizer now for my snipee and will install later... thank you for all your inputs it really helps me to decide

rich_havens

Super Veteran
goff_d_p said:
Bro It only works with stock forks, it does not fit any aftermarket forks that I am aware of.

...How ever, I would make a seggustion, undo the screws and add loc-tight to the threads.

sir did you remove something to fit the stabilizer like bushing?

thank you

syfull

ive been using it for a while now(about a year!!)n still using it now..i serve it purpose( stabilizing while cornering an braking n it looks cool too) n its one of the easiest to install!! u just loosen the stock front mud guard a bit n install it( just common sense really..)

ahley

Guys, does your fork paint chip off after installing the fork stabilizer?

Mine fork tube paint came off when I remove my fork stabilizer...

duo

ahley said:
Guys, does your fork paint chip off after installing the fork stabilizer?

Mine fork tube paint came off when I remove my fork stabilizer...
Doubt anyone experienced that. Are your forks DIY spray painted with aerosol cans? :roll:

linjunvelasco

Super Veteran
it happened to me...my fork is powdercoated painted, when i removed my stabilizer is see some scratches on the paint...so i just put it back so sratches will never be noticed....anyway just dont removed your stabilzer he he he

blackknightrealms

Super Veteran
this will be normal since it has direct contact with your stabilizer.and also the individual movement of your fork will cause issue since it has to hold both the front fork at the same time and any situation. on my opinion only.can someone clarify this in respect to others opinion. but the fork stabilizer do what supposed to be the function. i see changes when i installed this item on my MC in terms of movement.

astridnoelle

Veteran
the fork stabilizer really helps in leaning while cornering.

just be careful not to overdo leaning if you don't have rearset.

the fork stabilizer is an excellent modification. it serves its purpose.

I agree. on stock footpegs, the usual lean angle would be when the foot pegs grind.. hehehe.. a safety net, if you may..

bhek_21

Super Veteran
@all

Will this front fork stabilizer will solve my steering problem? I feel a wiggle when I'm driving and evident if I'll do a free hand for a short time.. My front wheel doesn't have dents or "bengkong". I'm thinking if my front fork play is too soft, uneven play of suspension and uneven tires (may oblang siguro)..
I'm unease with my steering..:(

astridnoelle

Veteran
@all

Will this front fork stabilizer will solve my steering problem? I feel a wiggle when I'm driving and evident if I'll do a free hand for a short time.. My front wheel doesn't have dents or "bengkong". I'm thinking if my front fork play is too soft, uneven play of suspension and uneven tires (may oblang siguro)..
I'm unease with my steering..:(
Sir, afaik lang po... the things to look out for are the knuckle/steering head bearing, front tire bearings, front tire pressure & fork oil pressure.. Surely the fork stabilizer will be set only in one place, so you have to look for the other stuff. The steering head/knuckle bearing might have unevenly worn ball bearings inside the cup, and this usually manifests as a "notchy" feeling when you steer. Same with the bearing up front, but on this the front wheel seems to pause a bit while free-rolling. I experiment on front wiggle by inflating my tires more than the usual & doing a really short ride. I get a clear road, drive as usual but I either grip the bars hard or really loosen my grip. The first one usually magnifies tire discrepancies and suspension problems, & the 2nd one usually shows the problems on the steering head. Try both, & good luck!

bhek_21

Super Veteran
does it fit on trusty tube guys?coz i bought one yesterday...for stabilizer v3...
Yes it fit sir. You will need to put some rubber padding to avoid scratches from contact of stabilizer and front fork, also to make it very good fit.:thumbsup: