• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Big Carb Jettings / Jet Sizes Recommendation For Yamaha T135

UB Sniper

my mikuni vm26 (mj150,pj20, float height 23mm, 2 1/4 turn A/F)) hard to pull in 4th gear, i know there is something wrong with my 4th, i feel like its choking the carb coz i can hardly accelerate even in full wot, ur ideas is very much appreciated so i can refer it to my mech;

....im using mx rubber manifold as carb connector to the metal manifold, but everytime when i tighten the metal O-clip, the rubber will fold itself, creating a drainage-like space inside and visibly separating the rubber and the edge of the metal manifold, now i have the feeling that it can affect the flow of the fuel down to the engine considering the created space inside due to the folded rubber caused by tightened o-clip, now anybody with same experience can elaborate the disadvantage of this one? logically some flow of gas might stock and stop therein..
i think u have a vacuum leak bro due to the open space in the manifold, make sure all passageways are sealed and tight..and try to reduce ur mainjet to 115 or 120 (2 - 2 1/2 turns out A/F screw) coz i think ur current mj 150 is quite big if ur on stockbore.

bhek_21

Super Veteran
my mikuni vm26 (mj150,pj20, float height 23mm, 2 1/4 turn A/F)) hard to pull in 4th gear, i know there is something wrong with my 4th, i feel like its choking the carb coz i can hardly accelerate even in full wot, ur ideas is very much appreciated so i can refer it to my mech;

....im using mx rubber manifold as carb connector to the metal manifold, but everytime when i tighten the metal O-clip, the rubber will fold itself, creating a drainage-like space inside and visibly separating the rubber and the edge of the metal manifold, now i have the feeling that it can affect the flow of the fuel down to the engine considering the created space inside due to the folded rubber caused by tightened o-clip, now anybody with same experience can elaborate the disadvantage of this one? logically some flow of gas might stock and stop therein..

@mac kevin

Bro are you using Sniper MX manifold assembly? or the rubber part only?

Benedict Hermo

stockhead, 60mm faito, stg 2 cams, nb pipe, 15x42 combi, keihin pe 28mm carb, 40pj/ 120mj
happy and satisfied
Sir Question ialng ikot yong air mixture mo, sakin kasi pag naka dalawang ikot na may backfire panaka naka lalo pag pag high rpm tapos bigla mong bibitawan yong throttle don nag babackfire 125MJ/41PJ gamit ko kaya ngayon naka 1-1/2 turn ako gusto ko sana gawing 2 turn kasi iba ang hatak pag naka 2 turn. ito pala setup ko 59mmJVT/big valve 19-22/keihin 28mm/LV cobra pipe.

kuya_pepe

Sir Question ialng ikot yong air mixture mo, sakin kasi pag naka dalawang ikot na may backfire panaka naka lalo pag pag high rpm tapos bigla mong bibitawan yong throttle don nag babackfire 125MJ/41PJ gamit ko kaya ngayon naka 1-1/2 turn ako gusto ko sana gawing 2 turn kasi iba ang hatak pag naka 2 turn. ito pala setup ko 59mmJVT/big valve 19-22/keihin 28mm/LV cobra pipe.
Bro, how's your fuel comsumption? Im using 59mm jvt too... 28mm carb with 38/120...

AJM

Veteran
Masters can you recommend jettings for me. Im on stock bore and stroke, s4evo cam, vs, rcdi. Keihin 28mm carb round. My jettings are 115mj 38pj. WAT DO YOU THINK?

bhek_21

Super Veteran
both, rubber and manifold into my classic bro,, due to such, I installed back my stock carb and so far so good

you can use your VM26 on your stock manifold, just buy a rubber manifold of Suzuki X4.. you will just modify its bolt hole but the inlet perfectly fits the big carbs..
I've tried this using Keihin PE27 carb..

mac kevin

Super Veteran
you can use your VM26 on your stock manifold, just buy a rubber manifold of Suzuki X4.. you will just modify its bolt hole but the inlet perfectly fits the big carbs..
I've tried this using Keihin PE27 carb..
ic... tnx for the info bro.. ur the first one who gave me ideas about suzuki x4 rubber manifold, 5 star credits for you bro bhek_21, glad to try this weekend:thumbsup:,, BUT for the info.. my (vm26 20pj, 150mj original jets) is so delayed in response on my stock bore, i wasn't able to pin point the exact mixture and proper set-up... its like drowning or cant fed enough gas or air when you do quick throttle in neutral mode and worse response in full wot in 4th gear, so for the meantime i decided to set aside my vm26 and installed back my stock carb and manifold... and lucky for me if somebody desires to buy that :censored: carb. hehe

(sukiyama)

Veteran
paps try mo magliit ng idle jet, naka head ka pala
nagliit ako ako idle 40 to 39, naglaki naman ako sa main jet 115 to 117, mas ok ngayan , mas mabilis tumaas rpm

bhek_21

Super Veteran
ic... tnx for the info bro.. ur the first one who gave me ideas about suzuki x4 rubber manifold, 5 star credits for you bro bhek_21, glad to try this weekend:thumbsup:,, BUT for the info.. my (vm26 20pj, 150mj original jets) is so delayed in response on my stock bore, i wasn't able to pin point the exact mixture and proper set-up... its like drowning or cant fed enough gas or air when you do quick throttle in neutral mode and worse response in full wot in 4th gear, so for the meantime i decided to set aside my vm26 and installed back my stock carb and manifold... and lucky for me if somebody desires to buy that :censored: carb. hehe
You're welcome bro @mac kevin .. ;) I'm very open to share everything that I know and that I've learned from other fellow riders..:thumbsup:
Maybe you're over fed at WOT (Wide open throttle).. Haven't you tried to install smaller main jet? Because the stock carb (VM22) is PJ #20 and MJ #105..
Since you're using VM26 with jets of PJ#20 MJ#150.. It seems it would be over fed at WOT.. and this is more bigger than stock carb which will introduce more air flow to your combustion chamber..

Maybe you can try first to adjust your A/F mixture to 1-3/4 turns out (Standard Setting of Carbs/ Default) then check if the engine's idle is ok..
Also, didn't you try to install the MJ #105 from your VM22 to VM26?

Installing aftermarket carbs are trial and error when it comes to tuning..
This is also the reason why I've changed back my bike to full stock, I don't want to have head aches in configuring A/F setting and jet sizing..:D
I'll just follow the service manual then go..:D

aidid

i use, cdi brt hypermax, block 62mm, highcam duration, intake and exhaust flow port and polish. exhaust yy pang.
carb keihin PE 28mm, when i twist the throttle a bit, the timing get too high and didn't go down to idle. help !

grix

Veteran
Just some tips bros.,when tuning for the main jet i use also use sound as an indicator.,given an aftermarket airfilter, toke off the top frairing the one covering the carb in between your legs.,then i listen to the carb as i twist the throttle beyond the 1/4 open mark.,if it goes waaaaaaah.,probably lean.,if it goes bluuuuuuurrrr.,definately rich.,,plug color comes next.,hope this helps.,

bhek_21

Super Veteran
i use, cdi brt hypermax, block 62mm, highcam duration, intake and exhaust flow port and polish. exhaust yy pang.
carb keihin PE 28mm, when i twist the throttle a bit, the timing get too high and didn't go down to idle. help !

I think you're lean sir, .. try to adjust your a/f setting.. But if you've already done it, you need to rejet (Bigger) probably on your pilot jet..
also make sure that there is no leak the connection of your carb to manifold.. HTH

mac kevin

Super Veteran
You're welcome bro @mac kevin .. ;) I'm very open to share everything that I know and that I've learned from other fellow riders..:thumbsup:
Maybe you're over fed at WOT (Wide open throttle).. Haven't you tried to install smaller main jet? Because the stock carb (VM22) is PJ #20 and MJ #105..
Since you're using VM26 with jets of PJ#20 MJ#150.. It seems it would be over fed at WOT.. and this is more bigger than stock carb which will introduce more air flow to your combustion chamber..

Maybe you can try first to adjust your A/F mixture to 1-3/4 turns out (Standard Setting of Carbs/ Default) then check if the engine's idle is ok..
Also, didn't you try to install the MJ #105 from your VM22 to VM26?

Installing aftermarket carbs are trial and error when it comes to tuning..
This is also the reason why I've changed back my bike to full stock, I don't want to have head aches in configuring A/F setting and jet sizing..:D
I'll just follow the service manual then go..:D

thank you so much again bro @bhek_21, maybe ur right, i haven't tried yet changing different sizes of jets; when it comes to trial & error, i always end up with errors :mad:, the reason i bought that carb coz it coupled with assurance, better than stock, fuel economy than stock, no more headaches coz of pre-tuned jets based on the buyer's engine set-up, in short performance-wise is on top compared to stock, indeed it works well to others but in my case, it doesnt working at all, now back to stock carb and still the best..:dance:,,, so viva, we're on same boat anyway hehe, BTS=back to stock\

bro, about the main jet of VM26, it has a big differences compared to main jet of sniper stock carb, i will say vm26 main jet is long hexa in shape with no engraveline for flat screw while sniper stock carb main jet is round shape with engraveline for flat screw... so vice versa not compatible,

here is the photo at the right "courtesy of sir traxxas"http://yamahat135.com/threads/for-sale-genuine-mikuni-jets-for-t135-carb.641/page-9

bhek_21

Super Veteran
thank you so much again bro @bhek_21, maybe ur right, i haven't tried yet changing different sizes of jets; when it comes to trial & error, i always end up with errors :mad:, the reason i bought that carb coz it coupled with assurance, better than stock, fuel economy than stock, no more headaches coz of pre-tuned jets based on the buyer's engine set-up, in short performance-wise is on top compared to stock, indeed it works well to others but in my case, it doesnt working at all, now back to stock carb and still the best..:dance:,,, so viva, we're on same boat anyway hehe, BTS=back to stock\

bro, about the main jet of VM26, it has a big differences compared to main jet of sniper stock carb, i will say vm26 main jet is long hexa in shape with no engraveline for flat screw while sniper stock carb main jet is round shape with engraveline for flat screw... so vice versa not compatible,

here is the photo at the right "courtesy of sir traxxas"http://yamahat135.com/threads/for-sale-genuine-mikuni-jets-for-t135-carb.641/page-9

Bro @mac kevin don't you want to buy main jet for your mikunin carb at Sir Traxxas? ;) so that you can still use your carb..:D Trial and error is part of our hobby, that's the exciting part.. hehehe because if you surpassed it, I'm sure you will end up with a very big :D..

on the other hand, you can also try ng stock carb of sniper mx..:D:rolleyes:
There are many sellers out there who sells their sniper mx Mikuni BS25 stock carb complete with throttle assemby, you just need to buy the stock manifold with rubber adopter (I think you already have these at hand..::D) and also a stock air filter assembly..:D:thumbsup: just plug them together and then go! :D

UB Sniper

check ur throttle cable/spring etc...maybe its too short :)

UB Sniper

try 155 mainjet use the same type as the stock (longer hexagonal type head) then lower the washer on your needle and check your float level on the carb coz maybe the fuel level is incorrect...