• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

unlimited express

Super Veteran
Hey guys, what will happen if I will immediately change the stock exhaust pipe of a new bike with only 10 km odo reading to a free flow/racing pipe? Will it have negative effects on the engine? Is it okay to immediately upgrade the exhaust pipe? Your opinions and comments will be very much appreciated.

ride safe....

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
some say it's ok, and some say wait till you get to 3k klm or 6k klm. it's hard to say. there are and will be some affects from the change if you do it now. you should wait until your rings and piston are all settled in there place, technically thats about 1,500klm. but this is just advice. if it was my bike i would wait till at least 6k.

But i'm not a mechanic. this is just my advice.

modtunning

thur what i am understanding that will not effect anything but if you change to a racing pipe you will ride your bike harder than normal so the result the engine will work more harder before first 1500km. Anyway it depend on your drive :p

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
yes bro, i think its still very early for you to change to open pipe.
wait at least until maybe 5000km or more before you change to open pipe.

CryptonX

Super Veteran
Sengz7 said:
reli? but i change to AHM when 4++km n i found tat my bike performance is totally worse!!!
depents on the exhaust if the exhaust exit is too big then u will loose lot of power at high rpm and increase some at low rpm to fix this problem u have to adjust your carb settings to match the exhaust for example i changed my stock with yoshimura... at low rpm my bike is dead(i mean it) but when it comes mid-high rpm goes like rocket ;) (and i still need to adjust the FI to the exhaust settings) ;)