• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

What U guys think Of this E10 BS they are putting in all gas

Jaa

Super Veteran
I was surprised to find out that Shell is putting bioethanol in all gas now, be it unleaded superunleaded or vpower. before we had a choice if we wanted to put E10 in out vehicles or not but now it comes in all the gas types. Is this global or just here in the Philippines? what Do U guys Think about this $#!+? lol :)

raider125jeigh

Super Veteran
Re: What U guys think Of this E10 BS they are putting in all

Jaa said:
I was surprised to find out that Shell is putting bioethanol in all gas now, be it unleaded superunleaded or vpower. before we had a choice if we wanted to put E10 in out vehicles or not but now it comes in all the gas types. Is this global or just here in the Philippines? what Do U guys Think about this $#!+? lol :)

papap ewan ko kong OT ung sagot ko ah..

nung nagpkarga ako sa petron ung unleaded daw nila hindi pede sa motor ng mga carb type...it is only suited for FUEL injected engine, sabi hehehe..hindi ko pa confirmed eh...

how about e10 ....

marcusfilter

Staff member
re Vpower with ethanol or e10..it's is not recommended for motorcycles that have Carb...

If you will check the sticker on the shell V power...recommended for EFI.

Reason why we wont supposed to use gas with e10: it will damage our carb in the long run, damage some of the carb gaskets...

IMHO and some research as well

Why do they add e10 in our gas? this is due to the Environmentalist...

==========================

E10 gasoline - a fuel made up of 90 percent gasoline and 10 percent ethanol - made its debut in the Philippines more than two years ago, with Shell Philippines taking the lead in 2006 and Petron only following suit almost two years later. It was just the other day that I decided to fill up my Toyota Vios with a tankful of Petron E10 Premium and experience for myself what its benefits are.

After reading up on E10 gasoline online, I’ve come to the conclusion that using this automotive fuel as a replacement for pure, 100 percent made from crude oil gasoline may not be as straightforward a business as its drumbeaters make it out to be.

The first obvious benefit any user will enjoy from using E10 gasoline is its lower cost: a liter of this flavor of gasohol costs about PHP 2 less than 93 octane pure gasoline, which is nowadays about the same price as a liter of diesel. Petron E10 Premium gasoline is rated at 95 octane to boot.

Aside from the economic benefit to motorist’s wallets, there are other advantages in using E10 gasoline. Blending ethanol with gasoline will reduce the Philippines’ dependence on crude oil, its consumption of which was pegged in 2007 at about 336,000 barrels per day. Ethanol is also a renewable resource; in Petron’s case, it ultimately intends to purchase all of its ethanol requirements from two Philippine companies who will in turn produce this chemical from sugar cane grown in Leyte and Negros islands.

It is also widely believed that gasoline blended with ethanol is friendlier to the environment:

==========================

Ethanol is alcohol and will attract/absorb water into gas resulting in phase separation of fuel.
Due to the instability of gas containing alcohol, shelf life is less than 3 months.

raider125jeigh

Super Veteran
marcusfilter said:
re Vpower with ethanol or e10..it's is not recommended for motorcycles that have Carb...

If you will check the sticker on the shell V power...recommended for EFI.

Reason why we wont supposed to use gas with e10: it will damage our carb in the long run, damage some of the carb gaskets...

IMHO and some research as well
ok....nu gamit mong gas ngaun papa?

ako last gas ko unleaded ng shell hehehe...

bluesniper3906

Super Veteran
thanks for the information guys. it will surely helps our fellow riders. in my case i could inform my YS caretaker to refrain using such fuel.

ride safe! :eek: 8)

raider125jeigh

Super Veteran
marcusfilter said:
blaze or xcs...
gas with e10, try to smell it, smell like rhea rubbing alcohol...ha ha ha...

ALCOHOL ba???? hehehehe

SOS rubbing alcohol
DI LANG PAMPAMILYA pang SNIPER pah ,,,,hahahahaha

XCS saka blaze thanks..papa marc

marcusfilter

Staff member
raider125jeigh said:
marcusfilter said:
blaze or xcs...
gas with e10, try to smell it, smell like rhea rubbing alcohol...ha ha ha...

ALCOHOL ba???? hehehehe

SOS rubbing alcohol
DI LANG PAMPAMILYA pang SNIPER pah ,,,,hahahahaha

XCS saka blaze thanks..papa marc
ha ha ha....

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
@all
lets speak in english as we are outside of country specific forum :)

my thoughts about this:
i watched it on news, E10 will damaged some gaskets.
in our bike, the only rubber/gaskets we have are the ff

-fuel line
-intake manifold to carb joint O ring

what else?

Jaa

Super Veteran
Yeah I just discovered Its only Shell thats using E10 in all their gas, I filled up with caltex/ chevron, and they dont force You to buy E10 gas if you dont want to they give You a choice lol anyways, caltex or petron from now on then hehe kinda sucks Ive been using shell for 13000kms now , they lost a loyal customer with this shit they are pulling lol too bad for em, ride safe bros

raider125jeigh

Super Veteran
traxxas-modifier said:
marcusfilter said:
for our stock carb? let me disassemble it and check...uhhmmmm
open it bro and share it to us :)

hahaha ... yes i belive marc have two stock carbs.... hehehe...

im really sorry if i wasn't replying in english mode..FOrgive me papa JOB hahahah...i won't do that again...

idoy_23

Super Veteran
bro since when that shell put E10 in their unleaded fuel? since i bought my sniper im using v-power or super unleaded. my odo reading 9k already.

marcusfilter

Staff member
Ethanol gas can damage car engines—Petron
By Amy R. Remo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 04:53:00 09/08/2009

Filed Under: Oil & Gas - Downstream activities, Road Transport, Alternative energy

MANILA, Philippines—Oil refiner and retailer Petron Corp. has warned that the current ethanol-blended gasoline (E-10) could damage car engines and urged the Department of Energy to come up with clearer specifications for the fuel blend.

Petron chair and chief executive Ramon S. Ang said they had received many reports that the current blend is “highly corrosive.”

According to Ang, the company wrote the DoE last month requesting new guidelines to help protect motorists.

The Philippine Daily Inquirer was unable to get a comment from the DoE as of presstime. The E10 blend is still being sold in gasoline stations.

Ang said in a briefing that the alcohol mixed with gasoline could do much damage to a car’s gas tank, fuel pump, carburetor and fuel injector, among others.

The problem, he said, was that the government did not specify that there should be a dehydrator to remove the water content, which is what makes the ethanol-blended gasoline (E10) highly corrosive.

“That’s why Petron wrote to the DoE. If we push E10, we have to prepare the correct specifications to prevent damage to cars,” Ang explained.

“Right now, the DoE together with the industry is formulating the specifications and the guidelines. They are studying it. What we are saying here is based on the experience of motorists and our own experience as well,” Ang said.

Under the Biofuels Law, all oil companies are mandated to pre-blend 5 percent ethanol in gasoline-fueled vehicles starting February 2009 and increase this to 10 percent by 2011. Most of the oil companies began pre-blending 10 percent ethanol in their gasoline products as early as 2008, way ahead of the mandate of the law.

In a separate phone interview, Petron president Eric O. Recto said the company was still “in the middle of collating data to help the industry understand the potential impact of ethanol (on vehicles).”

“We have empirical evidence coming from all over but we’re not done with the information gathering—a few more weeks or a month maybe to complete (it)... ethanol has certain negative effects on car engines,” Recto said.

He noted that the move is an initiative of Petron, but was something they thought would benefit the rest of the oil industry.

“Let me put it this way, there are pluses and minuses in using ethanol and we just want to make sure that both sides are studied and heard first,” Recto said.

X1rCJ

Super Veteran
Thanks for the info sir marcus..i made a right choice to change a gas for my bike, Petron Blaze..Since Ive knew about Shells' Vpower with e10 (sigh)(sayang,ganda pa naman ng vpower dati)

marcusfilter

Staff member
disassemble stock carb of our snipee...

sorry for the long delay...forgot this thread already....

Without the manifold

TPS or Throttle Sensor Assembly...this is the part that is being calibrated when you have a Rextor CDI(Off Topic)