• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Clutch Mod

X Project

Super Veteran
Right bro CarroTT... Quite frankly, the drilling of holes to the clutch boss wouldnt really differ nor improve from it's original setting in regard to oilflow... There is, on the other hand, a bit of improvement on the weight... R135LC is right, its' main objective is for the lightening of the counter-weights especially when doing a static balancing it will also affects the settings of the inertia plate (flywheel and magneto) even trans... There's not much of a weight to be reduced with this mod but trust me, when your aiming for optimum performance, everything is accounted for... BTW, let's all be careful when posting comments or setting other forumers expectation as there are few here who do understands the "vernacular" of modification... Hope you guys know what Im talking about...

R135LC

[b said:
phl6684[/b]]i have done this also after 3month bought my bike...hehehhe...
What difference have you noticed wrt the power delivery and response when you twist the accelerator?

Does the bike decelerate abruptly/quicker than standard clutch when you shut the accelerator ?

[b said:
traxxas-modifier[/b]] yes prevents clutch burning
ive done it also hehehe
Could you please share with us your accessment of this modification you've carried out wrt the above 3 questions?

Thanks again to you and many others whose postings and tips are much appreciated.

john-locke

Veteran
Nice modification .
is very good for performance to save weight to all part is moving .

traxxas +1 .

Someone do the same to the stator ?

X Project

Super Veteran
buck-roggers67 said:
Nice modification .
is very good for performance to save weight to all part is moving .

traxxas +1 .

Someone do the same to the stator ?
No modification needed, just remove the stator but the magneto is shaved for lightening purposes... It's total loss, dont have to rewind the stator... Total loss is only used during race... Stator is then reinstalled for batt charging and stock elec functionality for street use...

phl6684

Staff member
i drill the hole..
but 4 me..i just noticed that my clutch last long than without do this mod..
just imagine...

i bought my bike for 3 month n when i open to do this mod..my clutch burning a lot..

so,after drill the hole..i change my clutch also..
and it took me almost a year to change the clutch to new 1...

this is base on what happen to me..
dunno if other differ from me...

peace..

X Project

Super Veteran
Rotor = Magneto?

buck-roggers67 said:
i think the rotor , sorry .

someone do the modification to the rotor ?
Are you referring to the magneto? Yes, there are few types of mods that could be done... Shaving for lightening, magnet removal, the width can be reduced as well but you have to, of course consider the weight being removed so it wont affect the balance of the engine... Bro Traxx, the stator should be okay without shaving it off unless you want to rewind it to reduce the heads on the stator for less magnetic friction... Well, depends on your type of setup though...

X Project

Super Veteran
For circuit use, the magneto and the inertia flywheel on the clutch side can be reduced as much as possible... For drag use, it does not have to be real light though... Dynamic Balancing is the best way to correct the drastic vibration caused by imbalance engine due to extreme lightening procedures...

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
i think i use 4mm drill bit .

well thats the fun of having a smaller cc bike.
parts are cheap and great way to mod.

5 years your bike last is more than enough..
plus the fun of modding your bike is satisfaction :)

NACZ

Super Veteran
X Project said:
Right bro CarroTT... Quite frankly, the drilling of holes to the clutch boss wouldnt really differ nor improve from it's original setting in regard to oilflow... There is, on the other hand, a bit of improvement on the weight... R135LC is right, its' main objective is for the lightening of the counter-weights especially when doing a static balancing it will also affects the settings of the inertia plate (flywheel and magneto) even trans... There's not much of a weight to be reduced with this mod but trust me, when your aiming for optimum performance, everything is accounted for... BTW, let's all be careful when posting comments or setting other forumers expectation as there are few here who do understands the "vernacular" of modification... Hope you guys know what Im talking about...
I know you know a lot, but it is not necessary means you know everything...

I know braves not always win, but cowards never stand a chance....

(hope you guys also know what I'm talking about...

Attachments

syfull

question bout clutch lining...can we use the yamaha 125z clutch lining?my friend says its possible n its more durable,more pick up,n its often use in racing t135s..what do u guys think?

syfull

u mean the latest series?not the 2007 model?mine is the 2007 one...n it has 4 lining...is this the same as yours?so can use the 125z one?

phl6684

Staff member
not sure what year...
but the new one is using 125zr clutch system...

y not u just use wave 124 clutch lining..it the same..

but not sure which one u use...

lc es 2008...pakai housing clutch br...pakai 5 clutch plate...aku br tukar haritu...original...code same ngan 125zr punyer clutch plate cume housing die x mcm 125zr sebab pakai 4 spring je.

ooops....sorry...mine 2008 hand clutch is using different clutch housing...bcoz i already change my clutch plate and it use 5 clutch plate same as y125zr...same code...but the housing still use 4 spring.

syfull

oic...so maybe the new handclutch t135 2008 and up have 5 linings similar to 125zr ehh or maybe its a "regional" specs...interesting.. thanx for the info bro.. r u saying that it is not possible for my bike to use the 125z's?..what's the difference of having 5 clutch plates?