• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

change your t135 rim to TZR 250cc stock rim

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
Hey guys,

i want to share this to you.
if you are planning to change rim and also make your rear tire a disk brake.

better find a TZR250cc rim, its a 3 spoke rim with disk plate included
your t135 will look better :)

im scouting for one.

heres the pictures:
a T135 using yamaha TZR250 rim

you cannot use your stock swingarm ,
you need to change it to a wider swingarm to fit the rear rim of tzr250.
the swingarm below is i think a TDR swingarm.

looks cool! isnt it?
by the way, its not my bike.
just seen it uploaded.

rooster

Super Veteran
that bike..come from indonesia dude..i recognize it from the decals...only indonesian t135 had those tribal decals..same as mine before i strip em all..many indonesian bike took used parts from bigger bikes for mods...

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
rooster said:
that bike..come from indonesia dude..i recognize it from the decals...only indonesian t135 had those tribal decals..same as mine before i strip em all..many indonesian bike took used parts from bigger bikes for mods...
nope its from philippines.
sniper, check the logo on picture 2.
it says sniper :)

rooster

Super Veteran
oops..my mistake then...thought only indonesian version got that decals...
but really thats the same decals as mine...

wangyo

hmm.. nice one but it seem to heavy. by changing the entire wheel size will it slow down the speed of T135???

azrulc

rear wheel is too big so it will make the bike slower.also must change arm.but it looks nice.why not using enkei 3 spoke rim that use by 125zr here in malaysia.

tsunami

Super Veteran
Hmm 135Lc so far as i have done research about sportrims

In malaysia 135Lc rim is the lightest rim so it would support our LC to reach topspeed and good accelerate.

I think others Asean country also same

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
i don't think so. when i had stock tire i could only get maybe 110lmh, after i changed bothe tires, my top is only 100klm. but i think it's all a tuning problem.

tsunami

Super Veteran
goff_d_p said:
i don't think so. when i had stock tire i could only get maybe 110lmh, after i changed bothe tires, my top is only 100klm. but i think it's all a tuning problem.
If you use same spec as stock tire you might get back you topspeed..
Change to stock
front 70/90
back 80/90 in Malaysia

but if other country just change to your stock Lc type but not same brand

rooster

Super Veteran
tsunami dude..gotta think..again...!!
some people did mods for vanity to make their bike looks a lot cooler
some people did mods so can they can go faster..or for some lucky people who have enough cash, can have it both..
but i guess not all people, just like me, can have it all,..
bottom line is..go faster or look cooler, its your call, as long as it make you happy..go ahead....fun is all we need..

goff in your case..different in tyres diameter also..wether you like or not will affect your speedo readings...try change it with a smaller diameter ex:16 inch rims..i'll bet your speedo will show 130 km/h or more..
coz bigger diameter takes a slightly more time to get a full rotation compare to a smaller diameter..right??.. :D
if its not the tuning problem, its gotta be the bigger diameter you got.

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
i really think it's a tuning problem. i want to change everything to have a racing cam, big valve, racing cdi racing coil, you know all the works. but right now the economy is really bad, the exchange rate is droping and it's really starting to hurt my pocket. i'm not going to be able to do much for wahile.

azrulc

i thing rooster is rite.but never mind,it's our bike so we can do some experiment so we can have the true power from it.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
yes your right guys,

fast speed or looks cool, its your choice :)

how i wish there is a rim that is lighter 3 spoke and looks like
the one with tzr25o rims.

anyone got pix of the enkei 3 spoke?

tsunami

Super Veteran
rooster said:
tsunami dude..gotta think..again...!!
some people did mods for vanity to make their bike looks a lot cooler
some people did mods so can they can go faster..or for some lucky people who have enough cash, can have it both..
but i guess not all people, just like me, can have it all,..
bottom line is..go faster or look cooler, its your call, as long as it make you happy..go ahead....fun is all we need..

goff in your case..different in tyres diameter also..wether you like or not will affect your speedo readings...try change it with a smaller diameter ex:16 inch rims..i'll bet your speedo will show 130 km/h or more..
coz bigger diameter takes a slightly more time to get a full rotation compare to a smaller diameter..right??.. :D
if its not the tuning problem, its gotta be the bigger diameter you got.

Yup you are right dude...but for short distance rider not suitable to change bigger than stock...Hehehe
I already use bigger tyre 90/80 and use TZM rims..Hard too reach topspeed in daily road but smooth when i use Highway....more smooth when follow Bus at highway.Hehe