• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Big rear sprockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

putik

yeah i know that the 125z more faster than me...isnt the LC really hv the problem with its speedometer..because i hv try my LC to reach the top speed..i can reach over the 180km/j but not confident with the speedometer...using 15-38 sprocket,dunlop tyre 70/100front and 80/90 rear..i only test my top speeds on the highway and distance about 250 kilometers from melaka to johor...i never use full throttle until today...

rooster

Super Veteran
wow over 180 km/h????..
i've tried my pal's Raider 150 cc..its DOHC its fast..but i only did 147 km / h on it..i open the throthle all the way..t135 is smaller cc n heavyer than the raider 150cc...so..i'll let you do the math..
btw im 168cm n 65 kg...
n the fuel we used back then was RON 95..and a freeflow pipe + a re-jetted carb...

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
rooster said:
hey guys..if i change my wheels to 18'' i should change my rear sprox to a bigger one rite??
i think you should change if the diameter of your new tire is different
from the old tire.

if you change from stock tire to a bigger tire
then you are bike is now high speed.
if your engine can still gets a good power on your new tire
then thats great.

if not change sprocket combi to getback the power before

just imagine, replacing a kids bike from small tire to much big tire.
the kid will have a hard time/difficulty pedaling his bike.
solution to that, change sprocket combi (big rear sprocket)

135lcSS

Super Veteran
good sprocket for u if u wanna top speed...hehe...front sprocket 15,rear 36 4-15 ...rkm chain...hehe..sure u'll get 180kmph in no time

miobikerboys

Super Veteran
After the big tyres installed on my bike (110/80-17)for the rear, I changed the rear sprocket to 42. Pickup is good.

Then I played around and put back the original sprocket setting with the big tyres, oh my god the power was terrible!! Top speed of 90km/hr??!!

Dunno why, so I changed it back to 42 rear.

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
i was told with a big tire in the front and back, you need to go higher in the sprocket. i know 16/42 is about the same as stock setting. so sence i have a 100/80 rear and a 90/80 front, then i think a 16/43 or 44 would be good. but i don't really know much about changing the sprocket combination.
I have been reading everyones idea, but untill now no one has said what is a good combination for bigger tire sizes.

CryptonX

Super Veteran
guys if u want pickup or topspeed change your camsaft there are camsafts for topspeed and camsafts for pickup ask your mechanics they should know well :)

X Project

Super Veteran
For 100/80 rear and 60/90 front you guys might wanna try this - 15/41T 420... Or better yet a 15/37 420 chain... Just try it guys...

chat_master08

Super Veteran
the combination might be over low speed? Isnt it? What would be the top speed? Have u tried this combination tsunami? Thanks.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.