• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Yamaha YZF R15 engine with Fuel Injection pics

CryptonX

Super Veteran
well thats the power comander u need ;)

actually the power comander is one tha only thing that changes in every bike is the wiring ;)

Sameer

CryptonX said:
about cams if you know how a cam works then u will understand what result you will get from each camsaft that is in market
I'm just the rider so i dont normally get involved with that level of tech detail. I guess what i was hoping for is a pointer to what is available that will suit this bike, i dont even know that currently.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
Sameer said:
Hey guys i'm from India and i race in the nationals here, i just booked this bike and i'm already thinking about stuff i can do to it to improve performance. I saw another neat thread on tips and tricks for the T135, do you guys have any suggestions for this bike? any common tips that should work on the R15? Any after market ECUs available? bigger bore kit?

Please move this to another thread if it shouldnt be here. Thanks in advance

Sameer
welcome here sameer! :)
were glad that we have someone from india. hehehe

anyway bro if you want upgrade bigbore kit
yes there are lots of bigbore aftermarket kits available.

yzf-r15 have 58mm bore
there are available 62mm that will fit with T135 and R15
if you want them just contact haen, rooster, kirana
for those parts.

@cryptonx
thanks for the pics!
you are the EFI guru here in Yamaha T135, your inputs are very much appreciated :)

do you have pics of the ECU ?

dehanz

Re: t135 fi

CryptonX said:
at last i have the pics :D

i post them here cause i dont know where to post or i should open a new topic
Thanks for the fuel injection system picture, really appreciate your effort. Apart from the component that you mentioned, did you notice any sensor? For example mass airflow sensor on the throttle body or along the intake manifold? or is there is any other sensor on the exhaust pipe?

A wiring diagram would be very helpful to identify all the components and how this system works. My best guess is, this is a Alpha-N type fuel injection system which take information such as the how much the throttle valve is open and the engine speed to meter the fuel.

Beside that, do you have all the component part number?

There is no possibility that the ECU can be reprogram. So by changing the ECU with a reprogrammable one and getting a new injection are the only way to go. There is alot of Yamaha ATV is using fuel injection, so we are not moving to a dead end. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks

CryptonX

Super Veteran
well couldnt take a pic of the ecu cause its removed from the bike and my mechanic has it hiden inside his workshop (he pisses me off sometimes ) :p
anyway bro there are lots of ways to work on FI but for now we will change the to big bore(60-61mm) with wosner piston and 3rd stage camsaft and we will see if the bike has any sensor that if its needed adds more air fuel

if not there is one way that is a bit famous about the fi
the whole thing with fi is the presure and that it sprays gas right into valves
so if u want to add more fuel u just add more pressure how is this done?
u just put an aftermarket pressure "something"(dont know to translate it in english) but its a way to increase fuel .

but yesterday we had a discussion with my mechanic(also bro in law)
he told me about some things that he has noticed when he was riding my bike, he said me that the only thing that kills that bike its his rev limiter
because the true power of the bike comes at high rpm its rev limiter kills its power so we doing some research about removing the limiter. thats the only info for now for more you have to w8 till i get my items and test them :)

CryptonX

Super Veteran
also if u see in the first picture over the injector is a black box placed on it thats a sensor (we tryed to remove it and place carb ):p but failed since that is removed tha bikes engine light blinks :p

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
from what i read on some EFI.
The amount of fuel it sprays depends on the O2 sensor installed
in the exhaust pipe.

fi the O2 sensor detects too much oxygen, it will reduce
the amount of fuel. If it detect very lean oxygen, it will increase
the fuel..

i dont know if cryptonx have O2 sensor ....
does it have bro crypton?

Sameer

CryptonX said:
well couldnt take a pic of the ecu cause its removed from the bike and the only thing that kills that bike its his rev limiter
because the true power of the bike comes at high rpm its rev limiter kills its power so we doing some research about removing the limiter. thats the only info for now for more you have to w8 till i get my items and test them :)
I agree, i have tested the bike and felt the same thing. Just when you start enjoying the power up top it hits that damn limiter. Do let me know if you find a way to remove it.

CryptonX

Super Veteran
Paradox said:
why need to reboring if only u got 'power commander'. nowadays, electronics rules!! :lol:
you talk about the know power commander brand?
just to know each power commander costs 350euros + the price for maping
you can go to yamaha dealer and adjust the fuel settings to increase a bit the fuel mixture (havent done it but if you want you can do it) it sucks :(

FalangRider

As far as i se this is an old type of injection Yamaha is using, i was thinking yamaha was using the newest tecnology on their bikes.

r49

FalangRider said:
As far as i se this is an old type of injection Yamaha is using, i was thinking yamaha was using the newest tecnology on their bikes.
R15/fz150i is using an open loop fuel injection system..which pretty sucks...

r49

Basically it has less sensors and limited maps in it..the other one is called closed loop..just google it bro and u'll know the difference :p

JitenMistry

FalangRider said:
Because to reduce the cost of bike. otherwise it would be 20% cost of bike.

Guys, any good freeflow exhaust for R15?

nanix

Super Veteran
this what im dreaming ages ago... fuel feeding accuracy.
ill share a bit of knowlege about this process.
yeah r69 is right. there are two loop operation open loop,close loop and waloop..
open loop operation starts to the electronic control module where the base map and onto airfuel spark and to engine operation..
but the closed loop is a beauty because from the ecu and to air fuel spark and onto engine operation and then to the wide band oxygen sensor and send some feedback to the auto tune module(power commander,bazzaz fi tuner etc etc) and commands to the ecu. motor bikes a bit simplier after finished macking around withcar fi's :wink: .
hehehe in cars it has something todo with rpm sensor.uphill or down hill, speed sensor,steering switch sensor etc etc... if one sensor fcks up you have a terible idling,rich mixture bla bla bla...but im thankfull for my car that ive learnd a bit on fi.bow