• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Run it with the 5-0

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
If you've never had a run in with the coppers, your a wanker!

Early this morning to work the sky's in Thailand were hazey and dark...RAIN WAS COMING. SO I packed my waterproof back pack with extra clothing for work, zipped up my riding jacket and boots and headed out.

Half way to work on the quiet roads where usually traffic is scorning the commuter bikes, cars, buses and semis, there were not many people out cos it started pouring cats and dogs.

WOOOHOOO! Finally some nice rain cos Thailand has been on a heatwave for the past 2 and a half weeks...finally today we have some nice cool rain.

Since people here are scared of the rain like cats fear swimming, I took advantage of this opportunity and revved up at the traffic light, soaking wet. I
Burnt out at the red followed by spin out at the green and race down the highway in the puring rain...how fun is that??? Awesome I tell you.

Nearing my office, a copper hiding under the umbrella (YES GUYS, A THAI TRAFFIC POLICE OFFICER HOLDING AN UMBRELLA TO KEEP DRY) saw me performing yet again another spin out at the green and he commenced to catching me to hand a ticket for what obstruction I don't know.

I saw him hop on this Honda Wave (in other Asean countries, know as the Honda Supra) and commenced chasing me.

Ofcourse I'm a law-abiding citizen but would never go against sides but it was god damn raining and I needed to get to work and my bike is FAST!

This copper did not stand a chance in the rain nor on dry roads against my Spark 135 and I just zoomed down the highway out of his vision...eventually he gave up I think and did not radio to the next standing by officer I don't know where.

Now I know he won't recognize me cuz my liscence plate is still under insurance with the police in Pattaya city which is where I purchased my bike, plus I was not doing anything wrong and just using the wonderful weather to my advantage.

I just hope nothing happens this evening when I pack in and get hit the roads of traffic mayhem at 5pm Eastern Thai time...I doubt that copper will find me again :twisted:

So does anybody here have an interesting story to share? Don't be shy, c'mon!

rooster

Super Veteran
..i did once when i was in high school...at that time i'm still riding a yamaha F1Z 2stroke...running away from a copper...coz i got no helmet on..it only takes about 5 minutes for the copper to catch me...coz he was riding a 250cc SUZUKI RGV "slingshot" copper edition... :x

zamron79

seriously guys..

even if any Singaporeans commit a traffic crime here, it won't be too long for u guys to spot one "white figure" going after u.

u have no chance of escaping a chase or shall i say, a ride.

those officers ride big touring bikes like the Yamaha FJR!

no way u gonna escape them!!

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Here most low profile town coppers ride almost anything with a cc of 135 and below. Big city's like Bangkok and Pattaya, the coppers are mostly on the prowl with CBRs and FJRs.

The standard issue police bike here is a Kawa Victor. How many cc's are those by the way?

rooster

Super Veteran
down here most of the coppers use 135cc and up...
yamaha RX-KING 135cc 2 strokes..
yamaha Scorpio 225cc 4stroke...
yamaha FJR 1300cc
suzuki GSX 1200cc
...no chance running away from those... :wink:

Here in Manila, Philippines there are streets that is two way on the end and halfway going to the other end is already one way. Me and my girlfriend was riding my uncle's motorcycle which is a honda wave125 along the j.p. rizal avenue in makati, it is a long busy narrow street that has alot of jeepneys and tricycles then suddenly the road became free, i was enjoying it because it seems like we are the only vehicle that it passing the road then the jeepney who is on the other side of the road shouted that it is a one way then i quickly made a uturn, i made it really quick and smooth so that the police 50m away wouldn't notice me, but he did he quietly moved his cop car at the back of us and started their siren and asking us to pull over, aside from pulling over I revved up the motorcycle more so that the cops won't catch us and hopefully they did not but my girlfriend was very mad at me because she is not used to riding motorcycle and it made her really scared. The more thrilling part of the chase is that i know that i don't have a license that time and the motorcycle is not yet registered for the year. haha! fuck the popos!