Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

ROSSI FRACTURES RIGHT TIBIA IN MUGELLO

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
Mugello, Italy

Saturday 5th June 2010

ROSSI FRACTURES RIGHT TIBIA IN MUGELLO

Valentino Rossi has suffered a displaced and exposed fracture of his right tibia after crashing in practice for the Italian Grand Prix in Mugello this morning. The reigning World Champion crashed his Fiat Yamaha M1 at turn thirteen, the fast chicane at the top of the hill, and was taken immediately to the circuit Medical Centre for x-rays. Further information will be made public as soon as a more detailed examination has been completed.

Rossi will not take any further part in this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
[flash width=640 height=385]http://www.youtube.com/v/8cVjwQl0k3o&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Mugello, Italy
Saturday 5th June, 1230 CET
ROSSI INJURY UPDATE - 1230 CET

Following his crash in practice for the Italian Grand Prix in Mugello this morning, Valentino Rossi has been taken by helicopter to the Careggi Hospital in Florence for a deeper medical examination. After that he will be moved to the CTO (Centro Traumatologico Ortopedico), which is close by.

The official diagnosis, made by the circuit Medical Centre and the Chief Medical Officer, is that Rossi has suffered a displaced and exposed fracture to the third medium of the right shinbone.

More information will be released once it is available in due course.

=============

Mugello, Italy
Saturday 5th June, 1430 CET
ROSSI INJURY UPDATE - 1430 CET

After undergoing further medical checks at the Careggi Hospital Emergency Centre and afterwards at the CTO (Centro Traumatologico Ortopedico) in Florence, it has been decided that Valentino Rossi will undergo an operation this afternoon on his fractured right shinbone. He is going under anaesthetic now and a further update will be sent once the operation has finished.

Rossi crashed in practice for the Italian Grand Prix in Mugello this morning, suffering a displaced and exposed fracture to the third medium of the right shinbone.

Rjloks

Super Veteran
on the forth and fifth pix, you can see how much bend in his foot. ouch. it really hurt.

boldstardex

Staff member
i saw the race yesterday, it felt like something is really "missing" its like eating food without salt. Get well soon Vale!

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
Interviews 11/06/2010
Q&A - Yamaha management and Dr. Buzzi

1. What caused the accident? Was it rider error or a bike/tyre issue?
Davide Brivio, Fiat Yamaha Team Manager: Valentino Rossi's crew: "Valentino was on his first flying lap with new hard tyres. At ‘Arrabbiata 2' Valentino slowed down to let another rider pass, because he was following him. When Valentino opened the throttle again at ‘Biondetti', the first corner on the left, having ridden for about a quarter of the track at a very low speed, the rear tyre had cooled down and lost grip suddenly, causing the crash. When Valentino lost the rear of the bike his speed was approximately 180kph and when he hit the ground it was approximately 150kph."

2. What were Valentino's exact injuries?
Professor Roberto Buzzi, MD, Trauma Unit, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy: "Valentino suffered a ‘grade 2' open fracture of the distal third right tibia, as well as a bifocal fracture of the fibula."

3. What exactly was done in the operation?
Professor Roberto Buzzi: "Debridement and lavage, stabilisation with locked intramedullary nailing and a VAC (vacuum assisted closure) application on Saturday 5th June. Then a second look and delayed primary closure on Monday 7th June."

4. What is the expected recovery time for VR?
Professor Roberto Buzzi: "Six months."

5. At which race can we expect him back?
Davide Brivio: "It is very difficult to say now. We will have to see, step by step, how his recovery goes. Around 45 days after the accident we will have a clearer picture about his condition. In the meantime he will be busy with the rehabilitation. At the moment we think it's unlikely that he will be back within the next two months. If everything goes well we might see him racing in August or September."

6. Where will he be spending his recovery time? Will he be attending any races?
Davide Brivio: "Valentino left the CTO in Florence today and travelled to Cattolica to meet with doctors close to his home. He will probably spend his entire recovery at home. We want Valentino to concentrate fully on his recovery and rehabilitation, therefore we will not involve him in any activities until he is back to the best physical condition. He will not be attending any races until that time, so the next time we will see Valentino at a track it means that he is ready to race again."

7. Will anything be done to his shoulder during this time?
Davide Brivio: "Yes, of course the next couple of months will be very useful for the shoulder recovery as well. His doctors will be attending to this as well. Due to the recent accident the shoulder rehabilitation program has had to be updated because he has had to change some exercises, but from tomorrow he will be starting to work on the shoulder as well."

8. When will Yamaha field a replacement? Why not straight away?
Lin Jarvis, Managing Director, Yamaha Motor Racing: "Firstly let me say that I am very happy that Vale has left the hospital today to return to his home area. This is a good sign as it means that his recovery is proceeding well and now he will start the rehabilitation program that will return him to full fitness. Concerning the replacement rider - we have decided to field a replacement rider from the Catalunya Grand Prix on 4th July. We have chosen the Catalunya Grand Prix to respect our Team Participation obligations to the MotoGP championship and also to take time to select the most suitable rider and to make sure we're organised and well prepared for this new situation."

9. Who will the replacement be?
Lin Jarvis: "At this moment I am unable to tell you who the rider will be because we have not yet made a definitive decision. We expect to be able to inform you of our plan next week or at the latest at the Silverstone MotoGP event."

10. Who are the staff members not coming to Silverstone and Assen?
Lin Jarvis: "The Fiat Yamaha Team members working closely with Valentino will not come to Silverstone or Assen, i.e. his Team Manager, his Crew Chief and his mechanics. They will return in Barcelona and they will support the stand-in rider. All other Team and Corporate staff members will attend the coming races as usual."

11. How does this affect your sponsors? Are they okay about missing two races?
Lin Jarvis: "We have been receiving messages of solidarity and understanding from all of our sponsors, without exception. They, like Yamaha, are all looking forward to Valentino returning in perfect shape. Valentino's garage will be set up in Silverstone and Assen and both his YZR-M1s will be there for the fans to see."

12. Will Valentino be meeting the media during his recovery time?
William Favero, Communications Manager, Yamaha Motor Racing: "Valentino will not be giving any interviews to press or television during his recovery time. All Yamaha wants is for him to focus on his rehabilitation and make a full recovery. Yamaha will arrange a press conference with Valentino in due course. In the meantime we will make sure that our sponsors, the fans and the international media are kept updated about his condition through our official spokesmen and team press releases, with the same efficiency and transparency with which we have treated this issue so far."

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
Interviews 11/06/2010
Q&A - Valentino Rossi on his release from hospital

1. Vale, first question: how are you and are you still in pain?
"The positive thing is that the worst is past and that the two operations went well, so everything is okay. Now I am expecting a difficult period, in which I have to be aware of the risk of infection and in which I must remain with the leg constantly elevated. Then there will come a second key period, when I will be able to start my rehabilitation and, with support on the leg, will be able to start to walk around with crutches."

2. Dr. Buzzi talked about a rehabilitation period of about five or six months, what do you think?
"It's to be expected that Dr. Buzzi has been very cautious in his prognosis. I want to heal the injury; that is the only thing I'm interested in. If I miss four races or six races, it doesn't make any difference. The right time to return could be Brno, but it won't necessarily be like this."

3. Do you remember the accident?
"I remember everything perfectly. I didn't hit my head, I didn't hit anything else. The airbag in my leathers worked very well and my helmet was just slightly scratched. I don't have a single bruise! The problem was that I landed on my leg, and it was stuck under my body. If I had landed on my back it would have been different. I had a new tyre and I'd done two laps, then I slowed down because I had Barbera behind me. When I came back onto the racing line Pedrosa arrived and I didn't want to cause a problem for him so I moved again but then when I reopened the gas, it happened suddenly and unexpectedly. Seven seconds were enough to make the tyre drop temperature dramatically. The error was mine."

4. Who would you like to thank?
"First of all I want to thank Professor Buzzi of the CTO Careggi in Florence and all of his staff, because they were brilliant.
Fortunately, doing it at Mugello meant I wasn't far from the Careggi and this was very lucky. I also want to thank everybody else at the Careggi and all the nurses because they treated me so well, then the staff at the Clinica Mobile and the marshals and officers at the Mugello circuit. Finally, a big hello and particular thanks to all the fans because never, not even for a second, have they let me forget their affection and support. The messages I saw on Sunday on television from the circuit were beautiful."

5. At any time since the accident has there been a moment when you have said "stop racing motorcycles"?
"Sincerely, I haven't felt any fear. I was a bit horrified when I saw the leg, yes...but the thing I dislike the most is to miss so many races! I will take all the time I need and be sure not to do anything stupid because I want to return quickly, but only if my condition allows it. I know I have a bike for next year and I don't need to rush my return to demonstrate anything. I could miss just four races but I still wouldn't come back to win the championship. It's better to be careful, finish the rehabilitation in the best way and come back to race for many more years. I've heard of many other sportsmen, a lot in fact, who have had the same problem as me. One example for everyone: Mark Webber called me and he has had an exposed fracture of the right leg. He told me to be very patient and that I would have some moments of discomfort, but that in the end recovery was guaranteed."

6. Now you have some time at home to rest and to think...

"Yes, now I have a lot of time at home to rest, to recover and to think. Firstly, I want to use this time to improve some things. I want to improve my English, learn something new, read a lot. Basically, I want to improve and learn. This I will do for sure. If your question instead is referring to 2011, this incident will not influence my choices for next year in any way. Last Saturday hasn't changed anything. I just have one broken leg extra! The result of 2010, therefore, has never been relevant to my decisions for the future."

7. During your enforced rest, will you also be working on your injured shoulder?
"Definitely, yes. This is one of the few positive things about this incident; finally I can work on the rehabilitation of the shoulder, in no hurry, without operations and without races. From tomorrow I will restart the exercises, lying on my bed, and I am certain that when I return the shoulder will be completely recovered. When I come back I will be in perfect shape, although it won't mean that I can win straight away. When you return after an enforced break you not only have to think about the body, but also the mind. I won't be able to come back and win immediately."

the_one

Super Veteran
DAMN! lesson to all of us!! he never waited for the tire to become warmed up!!!

Seven seconds were enough to make the tyre drop temperature dramatically. "The error was mine."

THE TURKEY

Super Veteran
Valentino Rossi test ride in Misano today
Wednesday, 07 July 2010

Valentino Rossi will ride a Yamaha YZF-R1 at a private test in Misano, Italy this afternoon.

The Italian has made an excellent recovery so far since breaking his leg at Mugello on 5th June and he has decided to proceed with the test ride today in order to better understand his current physical condition.

Riding a racing motorcycle will help Valentino and his doctors to plan the next stage of his rehabilitation programme in order that he may return to racing as soon as he feels confident to do so.

The test will take place using a YZF-R1 WSB machine provided by the Yamaha World Superbike Team to the Fiat Yamaha Team.

Yamaha will inform the media later today of the results of the test and of Valentino's condition.

Press release courtesy of Fiat Yamaha Team

Valentino Rossi completes test at Misano
Wednesday, 07 July 2010

Fiat Yamaha Team rider Valentino Rossi today rode a motorcycle for the first time since breaking his right leg at Mugello on 5th June.

Rossi rode a total of 26 laps at Misano on a YZF-R1 WSB machine, provided by the Yamaha World Superbike Team, and recorded a best time of 1'38.200. Rossi did an initial run of 11 laps at 18.30 CET with a best time of 1'41.000, then a second run of 15 laps at 19.45 CET with a best time of 1'38.200 (unofficial times).

The reigning World Champion was able to ride well but he had some pain in his leg and his shoulder. He will now continue with an updated rehabilitation programme and make a decision within the next week as to whether he will ride at the German Grand Prix at Sachsenring, in ten days time.

"We made this test in order to understand how we must work from here and to see more or less how I can ride the bike," said Rossi. "The test was positive, because I can at least ride, but there is a lot more to a MotoGP race than to a test like this one. I had some pain in the ankle, the knee and the shoulder, but above all I lacked strength in the shoulder and a bit of movement in the ankle. I would really like to come back at Sachsenring, but it is still too early to say. We still have twelve days and we must wait and see how much we can improve my condition in the next few days. The Superbike today was good and great fun to ride! I really would like to ride at Sachsenring, but we must wait another week before making a decision."

Rossi at Misano!
Thursday, 08 July 2010

See a video of the World Champion’s return to riding a motorcycle for the first time since his injury at Mugello in early June.

Rossi rides again at Misano

Valentino Rossi completed a private test at Misano on Wednesday as he rode a Yamaha YZF-R1 superbike machine for 26 laps, completing the latest stage in his return to action from the fractured right tibia he suffered at Mugello on June 5th.

The Italian reported some remaining pain in his leg and shoulder, but the outcome of the test was positive and has left the rider and his Fiat Yamaha team to contemplate a possible return at Sachsenring.

Valentino Rossi back on track for a private test in Misano

Brivio on the possible return of Rossi

Thursday, 08 July 2010

The Team Manager of the Italian gave his views following the test at Misano and discussed a potential return to competitive action, after the World Champion rode a bike for the first time since his injury at the start of June.

Valentino Rossi’s recovery from his fractured right tibia developed further on Wednesday when the Italian rode a Yamaha superbike machine at Misano, his first time on two wheels since his injury on June 5th.

After he completed 26 laps to gain a better understanding of his physical condition, Rossi’s Fiat Yamaha Team Manager, Davide Brivio, discussed how the test had gone and what the general overview gained from it was.

“This test was definitely very important because it allowed Valentino to understand what the problems are and what still hurts and doesn’t,” explained Brivio. “I’d say the leg was quite good but he still had some shoulder pain, which was what we expected. This can give us an indication of the preparations we need to make for the next ten days.”

On a potential return to action for the eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland (July 16-18), Brivio stated: “Whether he can ride at Sachsenring or not will be decided within the next week, around Tuesday or Wednesday, on the eve of the GP. It will depend on how he feels and how he works in the next seven or eight days, and we will be able to understand then whether he will make it or not.”

He continued: “It is difficult to be able to do another test (before Sachsenring) because there isn’t another available bike. The one he used here will be in Brno this weekend. If he works in the gym and the preparations go well, he will probably be present at Sachsenring and we will try the M1 directly there.”

Brivio expressed how encouraging the sight of seeing Rossi back on a bike – the YZF-R1 – was, and that despite feeling some pain the Italian clearly enjoyed the experience.

“He looked to be extremely happy to be back on a bike again, and it gave me the impression that he had missed being on a bike a lot during this period. He spoke about the bike and made some comments, just like in a normal test. I have seen how much pleasure he got from riding the bike,” he said.

“The objective of the test was not to achieve times, of course the bike has not been modified, but in the end he has not done badly.”

:D

Rossi at misano on world superbike with injury, can ride a bike but can barely walk!!

[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/-_AX_yyXLQs&hl=en_US&fs=1[/video]

[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/hspOkHAYD9U&hl=en_US&fs=1[/video]

[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/ed9dvJ4qqTI&hl=en_US&fs=1[/video]

[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/3dxWOP514pU&hl=en_US&fs=1[/video]

[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/OaVZcUXcFIg&hl=en_US&fs=1[/video]

Almost five weeks after fracturing his right tibia at Mugello reigning MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi was back on a motorcycle for the first time at Misano, riding a Yamaha superbike machine as he tested his comfort level and stage of recovery.

[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/VruWHHEnZGw&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/video] :lol:

THE TURKEY

Super Veteran
PAST YEARS

THE 2010 SEASON FOR VALENTINO ROSSI...

2011 or 2012

:lol: :lol: :lol: JUST KIDDING I LIKE VR46

JORGE LORENZO :evil: 99 :twisted: 2011 OR 2012....

:lol: :roll:

THE TURKEY

Super Veteran
Rossi to test at Brno today
Monday, 12 July 2010

Following his outing at Misano last week the Italian will again ride a Yamaha superbike machine, this time at the Czech circuit, after which a decision on his participation at Sachsenring will be made.

Valentino Rossi will test at the Brno circuit today (Monday, July 12th) as he and his Fiat Yamaha team assess his level of fitness once more.

Following an encouraging test ride at Misano last Wednesday – his first time back on a bike since he fractured his right tibia on June 5th – the World Champion will again ride a Yamaha YZF-R1 machine provided by the Yamaha WSB team to the Fiat Yamaha team, after which a decision on his participation at this weekend’s eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland will be made.

The team will later today confirm the 31 year-old’s condition and the decision on whether or not he will ride this weekend once the test has concluded and will bring you further news once the test has ended!

chappy80cc

Super Veteran
Rossi plans to ride at Sachsenring

Wednesday, 14 July 2010

The reigning World Champion intends to make his competitive return to action at this weekend’s eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, pending approval from the circuit’s Chief Medical Officer on Thursday.

Valentino Rossi will make his return to action at this weekend’s eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, provided he receives clearance on Thursday from the Chief Medical Officer at Sachsenring.

Just six weeks after suffering a fractured right tibia at Mugello the Italian rider’s Fiat Yamaha team confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that the 31 year-old and his medical team have decided that after four races out he is now ready to make his comeback. Test rider Wataru Yoshikawa, who stood in for Rossi at the previous round in Catalunya, will be again be ready to take the Italian’s place if needed.

"I'm really excited that my doctors think I can ride this weekend,” said Rossi, who has completed two private tests in the last week – at Misano last Wednesday and at Brno on Monday – to assess his level of fitness and comfort. “Tomorrow I will see the medical officer and then we will have the final decision.”

He continued: “I felt good on the R1 but I know my M1 at the track is a different thing and it will be hard for me, but I miss my bike and my team and I want to try. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone and being back in the paddock; I was tired of being at home! Wataru will be there as well so if there is a problem he will ride my bike again."

Rossi’s Team Manager Davide Brivio added: "Valentino has made big effort to be ready to race in Sachsenring this weekend. He really wanted to be back riding his M1 as soon as he could and so he's worked hard to make his recovery as quick as possible. We expect him to take a couple of races to be up to speed and competitive at the top after his injury, but it's very nice to see him back with us."

Rossi is back!!!