• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Yamaha R1 sound on T135, possible?

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
hi,

is it possible to get the same sound of yamaha r1 on our t135?

[flash width=250 height=250]http://www.youtube.com/v/t3wKYgE33Xs[/flash]

rooster

Super Veteran
of course it is...
that if you put a 998cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, inline four-cylinder with twin exhaust on your t135 frame :lol:

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Now now rooster. Behave yourself. Don't diss the T135 ok? It is our sweetheart.

No traxxas! Get a 1300cc, lc, 16 valve, DOHC, inline four-cylinder, twin carbs with twin exhaust fitted in the T135, then your set :D :D :D

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
I believe it all lies in the exhaust system. Install a swirling muffler instead of a straight through muffler and it might work. Why don't you try and let us know later traxxas thanks :)

Glowplug

Veteran
Rooster and Mio please behave! Here you can buy those stupid electronic gadget that mimics the sound of a bigbike, you can try that one.

As for the real sound of an R1 its because of the inline 4 cylinder that makes the sound.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
MioBikerBoyz said:
I believe it all lies in the exhaust system. Install a swirling muffler instead of a straight through muffler and it might work. Why don't you try and let us know later traxxas thanks :)
the problem is i dont know where to get info on DIY exhaust system. :(

Glowplug said:
Rooster and Mio please behave! Here you can buy those stupid electronic gadget that mimics the sound of a bigbike, you can try that one.

As for the real sound of an R1 its because of the inline 4 cylinder that makes the sound.
glowplug,
what gadget is that?
How does it work?
How much and where to buy?

thanks

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
I have seen hand heard some smaller underbone bike that kinda sound like a biger bike. all they did i think, is take a small speaker, put the positive wire on eather the sparke plug or the coil, (can't remember which) and the other end to the ground (frame) then it will sound not exactly like a big bike, but in an affect like one when your riding. hey glowplug, am i right on the process??

Glowplug

Veteran
traxxas said:
MioBikerBoyz said:
the problem is i dont know where to get info on DIY exhaust system. :(

Glowplug said:

glowplug,
what gadget is that?
How does it work?
How much and where to buy?

thanks
Can remember the name but you can ask around, just like Goff said but its not only a speaker, it has an electronic thing with a speaker. you connect that to your headlight because the signal thier is AC (aleternating current) as you rev up the sound is increasing due to the increasing voltage. It cost around 500 pesos here.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Using s speaker to boost the sound of a commuter bike is ridiculous really, but fun anyhow :D When I installed the DBS exhaust on my wife's Mio, I also redone the interior and replaced the muffler with a very narrow double spiralling design, plus not forgetting to remove all fiber glass material inside the pipe...now it sounds like a CB super 4. Not a sound from the bike, only the CVT belt can be heard.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Sorry don't have any Glow. It's just a standard spiral car muffler but a really small version to fit in the DBS body. Since the plates drilled with holes overlap each other, you can get a nice quiet sound. Just don't forget to close the end of the pipe with a small tube instead of the big round hole that DBS has.