• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Whats The Difference Racing Gear Set (tranny Set) At Gear Set 1,2, & 4??

ijal

drag is about quickness..e.t....or estimated time..land speed record is about top speed over distances..so which is which..:coffee:
hmm, i would prefer more to topspeed. But I need 'some fast' acceleration. Not too high, just can reach 70km/h is ok for 1st gear.

docgabby

Super Veteran
hmm, i would prefer more to topspeed. But I need 'some fast' acceleration. Not too high, just can reach 70km/h is ok for 1st gear.
a nitrous oxide system will meet your needs. "boost" for fast acceleration and more top speed.....:thumbsup:

ijal

a nitrous oxide system will meet your needs. "boost" for fast acceleration and more top speed.....:thumbsup:
that's will be expensive and difficult to setup. i would prefer tranny set only, if you can give me a very excellent ratio, according to my need ;)

docgabby

Super Veteran
i used this gear combination based on the engine displacement. bigger engines greater torque therefore can pull longer gears. this is not hard and fast rule. just mu guide with commercially available racing gears and possibility of custom gears.

Last edited:

docgabby

Super Veteran

this is my basis for choosing my gear ratios for 4 speed classic depending on engine displacement. this is no hard and fast rule. i tried using the yellow gear combos on a smaller engine but the start was sluggish due to the low torque of a stock to 150cc engine. the red gears are stock. the lower columns are the speed per gear (i was using gearingcommander.com). if you would notice the speed gaps between each gear are equal. i tried using the blue columns on bigger engines but the the pull was short so it topped out easily per shift. (though you can adjust sprocket. but the problem with the 4 speed lc engine it cant accommodate a 16T engine sprocket due to the limitations of the crankcase design. bigger engines more torque therefore greater pulling power to literally pull taller gears. as far as the super open gear combo is concerned i think there is still a better combo out there because the first gear maybe short. ......still looking..

THERE ARE OTHER GEAR COMBOS AVAILABLE IN CUSTOM RATIO. SO THIS IS NOT THE BEST AVAILABLE...THIS IS JUST BASED ON COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE RACING GEARS THAT I KNOW....:oops::(:help:

Last edited:

docgabby

Super Veteran
if your running distance is short maybe a 201 meter or shorter you might consider altering your primary gear ratio. you have two choices for the 4 speed classic....:cool::eek::D:rolleyes::):thumbsup:

xXcastXx

Super Veteran
Doc gabs how about huge tire and higher displacement.63mm block
,cams ,rcdi ,vspring and 120/70 rear wheel? Im using classic... What do u advice