• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

WARNING TO THOSE WHO RIASE YOUR BIKE!!

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
WARNING!!!

YESTERDAY I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE CHAIN GUIDE ON THE SWING ARM. IF YOU HAVE RASED YOU REAR SUSPENTION YOU MUST FASTEN THE CHAIN GUIDE WITH ZIP TIES IN MANY PLACES.
WHAT HAPPENED : I WAS RIDING AT ABOUT 40-50KLM/H AND THE REAR WHEEL LUCKED UP. I COULD NOT MOVE THE BIKE FORWARD OR BACKWARD'S. I HAD TO LIFT THE BIKE TO GET IT OUT OF THE STREET. THE TOP OF THE CHAIN GUIDE CAN AND WILL GET SUCKED INTO THE FRONT SPROKET AND PUSH THE CHAIN INTO THE TRANMISHION CASING. IF AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS YOU MUST TAKE THE ENGINE SIDE COVER OF GEAR BOX APART TO GET THE SPROKET TO COME FREE.!!
I HAD TO LOWER MY REAR SHOCK AND TEMP FIX THE CHAIN GUIDE TILL A NEW GUID COME IN ON ORDER FROM DEALERSHIP.

PLEASE THIS IS NO JOKE!! if you are not expereanced ride, you may get hurt!!

Ride safe and be carefull

rooster

Super Veteran
thx god i didn't raise my rear end...can you imagine if that happens when youre going 100km/h??? wow thats gonna be quite scary...
i thought about raising my rear end a couple of times..
but when i saw the shock extension..made me think twice..
i'm scared that it might break...and i ain't that tall too...
so i didnt bought it

justkir

Super Veteran
thank god, u r safe goff.... for all pls think twice on modifications of suspension.

p/s: my 2 cents

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
yes this is true, for the past week i opened the sprocket cover studying
if its possible to raise the rear end shock.

i realized that if you raised up the rear, the black plastic that sits below the chain and the swing arm will not align if you raise up the rear

so the solution to this one

- is increase the teeth of front sprocket and the rear sprocket so the the chain will be in straight level.

- also if you can find a swingarm that is leveled type. The swingarm bolt
is in straight line with the upper portion of the swingarm, if you found one then you are lucky, you dont need to increase sprocket teeth.

see my drawing below

Attachments

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
Frozen Fire said:
what about friction between chain and standguard under?
the chain guide will be destroyed and will cause breakup
then the plastic will cause lockup to your sprocket thus
causing lockup of rear wheel.

thats what happened to Goff's case. THank God hes safe.

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
Ya it's not the bottum of the chain guide that gets sucked in, it's the top part. the bottom had a bolt on it. not sure why the top isn't bolted on though. but please be carefull.
Hey traxx, what size sprokets can we change to that dosn't interfear with the crankcase? and still keep the same king of low and top end speeds.

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
hey, if anyone has Mio's phone number, please contact him, i know he raised his rear end up. so he needs to be notified asap!! thanks. i would call him, but his number was on my cell that was stolen yesterday.
thanks guys

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
CarroTT said:
nice drawing :lol:
im a frustrated artist :) haha

Im also wondering why MIO is not around...
i hope hes ok...

goff_d_p said:
Ya it's not the bottum of the chain guide that gets sucked in, it's the top part. the bottom had a bolt on it. not sure why the top isn't bolted on though. but please be carefull.
Hey traxx, what size sprokets can we change to that dosn't interfear with the crankcase? and still keep the same king of low and top end speeds.
ive heard that you can still use 16T on front
havent tried though...

the stock ratio is
back = 39t
front = 15t
ratio= 2.6 (thats 2.6 turns to make 1 full circle of wheel)

to get the same ratio on 16t front
back = 42t
front = 16t
ratio= 2.625

the 2.625 is i guess is ok since you also change tire to a bigger size.

Please note:
the above is just a computation and I guess it will still have friction
with the swingarm when rear is raised up.

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
maybe. just so everyone knows, tony quit his job, so thats why he's not online all the time. he's out looking for a new job.

yeah i know the problem is on top chain, but if you notice, the bottom chain got a friction with a standguard that soon or later will eat up the chain

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
traxxas-modifier said:
im a frustrated artist :) haha

Im also wondering why MIO is not around...
i hope hes ok...

ive heard that you can still use 16T on front
havent tried though...

the stock ratio is
back = 39t
front = 15t
ratio= 2.6 (thats 2.6 turns to make 1 full circle of wheel)

to get the same ratio on 16t front
back = 42t
front = 16t
ratio= 2.625

the 2.625 is i guess is ok since you also change tire to a bigger size.

Please note:
the above is just a computation and I guess it will still have friction
with the swingarm when rear is raised up.
So what size chain will work. i heard that the one that i have now is a 428, will the 415 work?? i don't stunt. but i like to drive fast. i heard that the 428 on a 16t will hit the caseing?? thats why i'm asking?

rooster

Super Veteran
you gotta change the front and rear sprox too man if youre gonna change to 415..not to mention 415 isn't cheap either but they say its worth it..