• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Vixion Problem

turbulence

Super Veteran
I'm hoping that some of you guys experienced this so you can help me out.

A friend bought a 57mm vixion kit months ago. His block already reaches more than 2000km. Now the problem is he can hardly hit 130kph, which he easily does using his stock bore.

His Mc runs fast up to 120kph then stalled at 125 for about 10 seconds then slowly climbing up to 130kph.

He uses REXTOR cdi, CMS cam, VIXION v-spring, 28mm keihin.

We tried 14-42 sprocket combi, 3rd gear 130kph but when you shift to 4th gear it rolls back to 125kph.

The best sprocket combi we tried so far is 14-44 but still not satisfactory. It can hardly hit 130kph.

What might be the problem?

Tappet setting is good, carb setting is good.

john_carlo

Super Veteran
The big question is that why his stock bore I can go 135kph normal position and vixion can't?
maybe due to bigger bore has bigger piston does have much weight so the balance in the crank shaft is affected, notice the vibration of the v-ixion kit to an all stock engine..

SPEED RACER

Super Veteran
i encounter that problem bro, i suggest you shave your block .5mm for more power & compression that's the best way to release the power of vixion kit... trust me...........

turbulence

Super Veteran
i encounter that problem bro, i suggest you shave your block .5mm for more power & compression that's the best way to release the power of vixion kit... trust me...........
is it similar to what they call rephase bro? Im the one worried coz im the one who urges him to used vixion for stronger mc but opposite happened.

SPEED RACER

Super Veteran
is it similar to what they call rephase bro? Im the one worried coz im the one who urges him to used vixion for stronger mc but opposite happened.[/quote
vixion kit have a low compression, that's why we have to shave or squish the cylinder block in order to put more compression or power... i am a vixion user for 2 years and i satiesfied...

ronald031803

Super Veteran
i wanna try vixion block, cams and, valve springs and the rest all stock and re-jet carb,,what do you think the performance bro???and its top speed???

red sniper

bro im interested and want to know whats do you mean shaving the block? want to ask which part of the block that need to be shaved? the one on the bottom or on the top? thanks bro...

john_carlo

Super Veteran
bro im interested and want to know whats do you mean shaving the block? want to ask which part of the block that need to be shaved? the one on the bottom or on the top? thanks bro...
on the top... and you can shave your piston too or use a dome piston

red sniper

on the top... and you can shave your piston too or use a dome piston
bro you mean shave all the top part of the block, including the piston? what if to buy a dome piston? do i still need to shave the block? and one more is there any collision if i use dome piston with bigvalve?

gunkhean

For rider wanna upgrade to vixion block kit, just use original vision block kit + vixion cam + TK valve spring + proper porting head + no use block gasket. Then the carb just do some porting to the carby + change the jetting. Sprocket will be 15-37. Other than that is just remain stock. That's I think u bike is ready to reach 170 km/h. When my bike using formula above, my bike is reach 175km/h. I,m 95kg fat guy. Try it.