• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Upgrading Tires Bigger Than The Stocks.

arj07

Hi! I'm planning to make my tires bigger than the stock tires (front 70/90 rear 80/90). I want bigger tires because my motorcycle sometimes carries heavy loads(me, my wife and my daughter). Maybe this would help lessen the chance of having flat tires(i guess).

I would like to kindly ask for your help guys on what tire sizes for front and rear is preferable. But not tires that are too big, that it will make me change my stock mags in order to use those tires. And if possible attach some images for me to see on how will it look like. It is also important to have a decent proportion.:)

Thank you!

Gie

Super Veteran
Hi! I'm planning to make my tires bigger than the stock tires (front 70/90 rear 80/90). I want bigger tires because my motorcycle sometimes carries heavy loads(me, my wife and my daughter). Maybe this would help lessen the chance of having flat tires(i guess).

I would like to kindly ask for your help guys on what tire sizes for front and rear is preferable. But not tires that are too big, that it will make me change my stock mags in order to use those tires. And if possible attach some images for me to see on how will it look like. It is also important to have a decent proportion.:)

Thank you!
What bike do you have? sniper classic?? For stock mags, Maximum recommended tire size would be 80x90 F, 90x80 R.. 90x80 front and 100x90 rear could fit also but your wheels will look like "donuts";).. just remember, the bigger the tires the heavier it is as well.. so expect your bike to run a little bit slower than the stock tire size if your planning to upgrade to bigger tires... imho only :)

Last edited:

arj07

What bike do you have? sniper classic?? For stock mags, Maximum recommended tire size would be 80x90 F, 90x80 R.. 90x80 front and 100x90 rear could fit also but your wheels will looks like "donuts";).. just remember, the bigger the tires the heavier it is as well.. so expect your bike to run a little bit slower than the stock tire size if your planning to upgrade to bigger tires... imho only :)
It's Classic sir, thank you for the tips. I might opt for this (80/90 F, 90/80R). Donuts?! yes exactly, i don't want my tires looking like donuts.lol

If you could post sample pics of MC's using this tires sir((80/90 F, 90/80R), i would really appreciate it.:dance:

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Gie

Super Veteran
It's Classic sir, thank you for the tips. I might opt for this (80/90 F, 90/80R). Donuts?! yes exactly, i don't want my tires looking like donuts.lol

If you could post sample pics of MC's using this tires sir((80/90 F, 90/80R), i would really appreciate it.:dance:

Thanks!:thumbsup:
This is my mc, sample of 80x90 F and 90x80 R...
DSC02627.jpg DSC02630.jpg DSC02656.JPG

arj07

Thanks for the compliments...;):D
It deserves the compliment sir...:D How much does this bigger tires cost sir(F80/90 R90/80)? Those actual tires you are using looks good, i like the design of the grooves. I want my MC to have those tires too.:cool::D How much did you spend for this set of tires sir? And do i have to adjust or change my front fender if i will use 80/90 front tires?

Last edited:

Gie

Super Veteran
It deserves the compliment sir...:D How much does this bigger tires cost sir(F80/90 R90/80)? Those actual tires you are using looks good, i like the design of the grooves. I want my MC to have those tires too.:cool::D How much did you spend for this set of tires sir? And do i have to adjust or change my front fender if i will use 80/90 front tires?
you don't need to replace the stock front fender to fit bigger tire.. install the front wheel without inflating the new (bigger tire) so you don't have a hard time installing it to the front fender...;)

Doug- Will

More tire is better and safer... More tire more traction... That sniper looks great! Riding three is not safe. If you need to be faster with bigger tires and more weight change your gear set!

XcastX

Hey Gie, this still looks very clean, but do you have any advise on running a little wider wheels. Similar to the pic attached, just not as big and wide
As for my my experience larger tire are better on leaning (banking) but your speed will suffer due to the heaviness... You should try experiment on the sprocket. To get a better performance.