• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

UMA RACING 28MM CARB

AZ135

Veteran
ahmmedh said:
white smoke is coming from the exaust pipe. y is that??
it started after i installed the borekit and when i tried to tune the carb...any sollution???? :(
Sounds like you have a coolant leak when you install the borekit. You migh need a new head gasket.

ahmmedh

I replaced the 2 gaskets with the bore kit. the smoke started when i tried to adjust the carb air flow screw. Do i need to change the jets in the carb??
or the valve spriings?

bizzy123

One question here, if the carb goes bigger the fuel consumption will be increase right?? According to a person in a forum he said tat he is using 28mm carb wif 160cc block the fuel consumption is almost the same before he upgrade his bike, the thing diferent is his bike is faster and more powerful than bfore.. Normally when CC increase, power increase the oil consumption will also increase right, but the ting is the oil consumption is not inc at all.. Any opinion?? Is it posible tat when cc is low, engine need to use more fuel to produce an amount of energy, on the other hand when cc increased, engine juz nid to use only abit of fuel and it already can produce the same amount of energy?? Pls gv u guys opinion..

syfull

hmm,maybe u got an interesting point there bizzy123...maybe its true that the bigger the cc the more 'relax' the engine pulling the bike..so less revving is needed thus less fuel...or maybe that someone tune his bike perfectly that make his bike more powerful yet efficient...ahmmedh,i dunno bout ur problem,but i suggest u check for leakage..maybe some oil or coolant leaked inside,cos from what i know white smoke is usually cause by these two..

allengarcia

syfull said:
hi biker brothers...ive installed the UMA RACING 28mm carburettor to my bike..n i just plug it n play(n tune it of course)...n i dont even use the proper jetting kit for it.my friend who installed it for me said it is ok n enough for my bike,so i trust him on that n hope nothing bad happen..he also said the jet already installed jetting in the carb is 40/100(does he mean main jet:40 pilot jet:100?)well my bike give out a slightly black smoke from the pipe(n sometimes even fire hehe..pop!! :shock: ),but my friend said its ok(but its still need to be tune a lil bit,he said).so far my bike performed well..better pick up n speed..i can easily reach 120 in a matter of seconds!!n pass any car with ease than before(n my fuel runs like water hehe)my engine is still stock though,so my questions:-

1)will it cause problems to my bike in the long run?n what is the problems?please elaborate..

2)what is the perfect jetting kit number should i install to the carb for it to perform the best?(for stock engine,cdi...with aftermarket pipe n ignition coil n air filter)

so if any of u guys here have any tips,ideas,tricks or anything about this mod,please...do share with me..thanx bros,ride safely n ride for freedom:D

kamalez

Super Veteran
Hi there
i have installed the UMA 28mm and having slight tuning problem on the low speed. On the Odometer when i accelerate 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear up to 80Km/hr in between there is bogging, but once above 100km/hr it is ok. What could be the problem. Is it required fine tuning

kamalez

Super Veteran
Using FZI 150 block, cam shaft and spring using aftermarket but not sure of lift duration. Pipe standard

marcusfilter

Staff member
Have to tune your UMA 28...better bring it to a Mechanic
jettings change will be required, it all depends on how your bike will respond to the Carb...

ride safe

kamalez

Super Veteran
I will go for tuning first failing which then can go for exhaust change.
Any way any recommended exhaust for my setup