• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Uma Head

Johnric Uy

Do the UMA Head need to be port and polish?
Because I ordered UMA Head and UMA block with piston for my sniper MX135.
Thanks in advance.

tabi1

Super Veteran
Do the UMA Head need to be port and polish?
Because I ordered UMA Head and UMA block with piston for my sniper MX135.
Thanks in advance.
I have had the setup for 3 years, with no port and polish. About a year ago my mechanic said now they are also recommending doing the port and polish as well. After 3 years the bike runs as strong as the day the motor was put together, not sure if i could have got a bit more power from the port/polish but if i break it down i will do it at that time.

Johnric Uy

So I'll let my mechanic to do the port and polish for my head?
My motorcycle is for touring only.
Not circuit or drag use.
I have had the setup for 3 years, with no port and polish. About a year ago my mechanic said now they are also recommending doing the port and polish as well. After 3 years the bike runs as strong as the day the motor was put together, not sure if i could have got a bit more power from the port/polish but if i break it down i will do it at that time.

RockRobin

So I'll let my mechanic to do the port and polish for my head?
My motorcycle is for touring only.
Not circuit or drag use.
from my previous experience using uma superhead + uma bore 62mm, i am very satisfied with the setup. it can reach 150kmh easily (body straight up) with stock sprocket size. here is my setup

- uma superhead 20/23
-uma pro bore 62mm
-valve clearence 0.12 in 016 ex (cannot remember exactly)
-tzm carburetor open air box
-28mm exhaust header size
-BRT Dualband CDI
-uma 5 spring clutch

if you wish to port polish, make sure you only polish the exhaust port and do not enlarge the intake port size. i did the port polish last time with custom camsafht and lightened magnet but it vibrate to hard at rpm 5-6k
this 20/23 uma superhead has very large power potential that can only be achieved throguh proper calculated port polish and high rpm custom camshaft.

my advise, this uma head is suitable for stodck sproket size. try to tune your carb and exhaust first before port polish the head. good luck.

❤️Rap❤️BR

from my previous experience using uma superhead + uma bore 62mm, i am very satisfied with the setup. it can reach 150kmh easily (body straight up) with stock sprocket size. here is my setup

- uma superhead 20/23
-uma pro bore 62mm
-valve clearence 0.12 in 016 ex (cannot remember exactly)
-tzm carburetor open air box
-28mm exhaust header size
-BRT Dualband CDI
-uma 5 spring clutch

if you wish to port polish, make sure you only polish the exhaust port and do not enlarge the intake port size. i did the port polish last time with custom camsafht and lightened magnet but it vibrate to hard at rpm 5-6k
this 20/23 uma superhead has very large power potential that can only be achieved throguh proper calculated port polish and high rpm custom camshaft.

my advise, this uma head is suitable for stodck sproket size. try to tune your carb and exhaust first before port polish the head. good luck.
hello guys :) i want to have more power on my smx 135, and im planning to buy uma 65mm block, sport super head and quick mission geart setand hyperclutch. is it ok for touring? atm im in stock bore&strokc, brt cdi, sun valve spring, faito ignition coil, oko 28mm. i want some beast on touring . hehe. i hope you can suggest guys what is best and where can i buy those uma products. thank you. more power pipz :D

tabi1

Super Veteran
hello guys :) i want to have more power on my smx 135, and im planning to buy uma 65mm block, sport super head and quick mission geart setand hyperclutch. is it ok for touring? atm im in stock bore&strokc, brt cdi, sun valve spring, faito ignition coil, oko 28mm. i want some beast on touring . hehe. i hope you can suggest guys what is best and where can i buy those uma products. thank you. more power pipz :D
You will have no problem brother. I have rode ours for about every type of riding imaginable and there's absolutely no issue. You will have a 65 and we have a 62 but basically same, you may want to upgrade the carb to provide more fuel. We have a 32mm and i wouldnt hesitate bumping up to a 34mm.

n3Xuz-Classic

Hello sir I'm a newbie here, I got a sniper classic A/C 2008 model, and I'm planning to upgrade to a bigger bore either 62mm JVT or 65mm Uma.
My question is if I'm gonna upgrade to 62mm bore what are the best and needed mods together with the bore,
and for the 65mm bore what are the best and needed mods aswell?
Another question
Is it mandatory to upgrade to Uma Superhead 20/23 or not?
Thank you for the replies that I will get!
More power to you guys!