• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

torque setting

jjoeworks

hello ladies n gents,

neeed some info here. i need to know the torque setting for bolting the cylinder head and the rest of the engine components and especially the valve clearence.
atnks for ur help

cheers

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
you need to buy Torque Wrench.
its just like any ordinary tool but it has some needle
that show how much torque you are exerting in the bolt.

planning to buy one...

jjoeworks

t.wrench

thanks tm,
yeah i have the torque wrench already but planning to get a smaller one agian :) . its just that i need to know the exact tension for every individual bolts n nuts especially on the engine.

cheers

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
bro, when you go to remove the bolts with the torque wrench, remember the setting of presser it takes to remove it, or better yet. place the wrench on the bolt, and turn it to tighten it to get it's current value of torque. write down each setting for each bolt. but it should all be the same.

I pick up that info from an engine repair manual for light engine aircraft maintance.

stroker

Veteran
jjoeworks said:
hello ladies n gents,

neeed some info here. i need to know the torque setting for bolting the cylinder head and the rest of the engine components and especially the valve clearence.
atnks for ur help

cheers
Glad to know that someone in this universe actually uses a torque wrench on a T135!! ha. That's good.

IMHO, those who's got experiences in building this bike, tend to get away by 'feel'. Sounds very backyard, but again, those whom rebuild their motor often will know wat I meant.

jjoeworks

hi stroker,
thanks for the support :) when it come to engine bolts, its no big joke. we one to be precise so we can have a long lasting engine.
T135 is not mine but belongs to my cousin n im here to do maintenance on his bike at the same time gaining knowledge from the engine im rebuilding :) and i have always like bikes no matter how small it is.

cheers

stroker said:
jjoeworks said:
hello ladies n gents,

atnks for ur help

cheers
Glad to know that someone in this universe actually uses a torque wrench on a T135!! ha. That's good.

IMHO, those who's got experiences in building this bike, tend to get away by 'feel'. Sounds very backyard, but again, those whom rebuild their motor often will know wat I meant.