• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

[TIPS] Optimum Air Fuel settings for your T135

Ericson

Super Veteran
Just want to share my experience here since Im also a newbie I ask a member here if what is the best settings for a all stock engine with an open pipes he told me that close my A/F screw and just get it on 1/2 and here's what happened here's my SP..

And now I"ll try this 2 1/2 turns.. hopefully my SP burns well and have a golden brown burn of fuel..

Attachments

ESOJ de GUZMAN JR

Super Veteran
how about sniper mx.. if the idle screw can be found at the upper portion.. how about the air adjust.. where can i find this? and about the adjustment that sir traxx mentioned. can it be done also to sniper mx owner.. tnx

bhek_21

Super Veteran
how about sniper mx.. if the idle screw can be found at the upper portion.. how about the air adjust.. where can i find this? and about the adjustment that sir traxx mentioned. can it be done also to sniper mx owner.. tnx

for sniper mx, it is in the left side of the carb.. You can also notice that there is small hole at the right side of our fairings, you can use this hole to adjust the air screw.. 1.75 turns is the standard adjustment if your sniper mx is in full stock engine specification.

RaTTa2Wee

Veteran
QUESTION NINE: ARE THEY ADJUSTED THE SAME WAY?
No. An air screw meters air before it reaches the pilot jet. Turning an air screw in restricts the air flow and richens the mixture (turning it out leans the mixture by letting more air in). Conversely, a fuel mixture screw meters gas after it has been mixed with air, thus it works the opposite of an air screw. Turning the fuel screw out lets more fuel into the engine and creates a richer mixture. Turning the fuel screw in limits the flow of gasoline and leans the jetting.
Turning the fuel screw out lets more fuel into the engine and creates a richer mixture. Turning the fuel screw in limits the flow of gasoline and leans the jetting.

bhek_21

Super Veteran
Turning the fuel screw out lets more fuel into the engine and creates a richer mixture. Turning the fuel screw in limits the flow of gasoline and leans the jetting.
I think it's other way around bro..

Clockwise (Turn in) = Richer Fuel, Less Air
Counter-Clockwise (Turn out) = Less Fuel, More Air

But making it lean by A/F screw adjustment doesn't limit the fuel flow, Hence, the ratio of air is more compared to the fuel.. I think that the fuel is being limited/restricted if you make adjustment on jet needle clip position to the top position (if any) and decreasing the jet sizing..

The proper way of setting your carburetor is you set it first to the limit (fully closed) then turn counter-clockwise (Turn out) to introduce more air according to your desired turns.. one full turn is 360 degrees.. IMHO

Last edited:

Joe SEVEN

Veteran
assalamualaikum khai,n hello everybody,may i know something? is means 180degrees mean 1 OR 360 mean 1?for airfuelscrew opening?

john_carlo

Super Veteran
I think it's other way around bro..

Clockwise (Turn in) = Richer Fuel, Less Air
Counter-Clockwise (Turn out) = Less Fuel, More Air

But making it lean by A/F screw adjustment doesn't limit the fuel flow, Hence, the ratio of air is more compared to the fuel.. I think that the fuel is being limited/restricted if you make adjustment on jet needle clip position to the top position (if any) and decreasing the jet sizing..

The proper way of setting your carburetor is you set it first to the limit (fully closed) then turn counter-clockwise (Turn out) to introduce more air according to your desired turns.. one full turn is 360 degrees.. IMHO
If the pilotjet screw is in the intake manifold side it control the fuel mixture when turn in its in leaner when turn out make fuel richer..
If in the air filter side air is control by the pilot jet screw, turn it in will make it richer, turn it out make it lean

snipermxmalayaklan

Super Veteran
hey i did get the right screw rite?

down there. there r 2 screws, the air screw is the 1 on the left right? the 1 on the right is further in right? wats that screw for by the way? the on right..
you're too used to the right thingy dude right? am i right or not right? i think i'm right. :)

shadowkhan

white smoke coming out from my bike. im using oko 28mm.what should i do? should i twist it clockwise or counter clockwise?

shadowkhan

I think you're rich in A/F setting.. Make it leaner a little..
paps is it the same with a stock carb of our bike? that i must twist counter clockwise? or the other way around? i think that the oko carb and the stock carb a/f screw are diffirent. im confused.:eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes: need help paps:help:

bhek_21

Super Veteran
paps is it the same with a stock carb of our bike? that i must twist counter clockwise? or the other way around? i think that the oko carb and the stock carb a/f screw are diffirent. im confused.:eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes: need help paps:help:
@shadowkhan Sir I'm not quite sure if it's the same with the stock carb.. maybe the bench mark would be turning the A/F until it is fully seated (closed) then make the adjustment by opening it..

snipermxmalayaklan

Super Veteran
this is the best right explanation that supports sir traxxas's explanation. the others that argue the different way are not yet been able to get the point of explanation and argued about the lean or the rich mixture.

daddynia

Veteran
:confused: :( Hi all, i'm new here. I'm learning in tweaking my 2012 T135, just done upgrading with 57mm vixion cylinder kit,yoshimura exhaust but having problem tuning my mikuni BS25 carb. Now the main jet is #125, but i simply couldn't find the correct air screw turn. When i opened up the throttle it will jerk/bogging also when in high RPM it sound not so smooth. its been a few weeks having the issue. With limited free time, it quite difficult for me to spend a lot of time on it. Needed help on advise on what is the factory air screw turn for mikuni BS25 or baseline air screw turn after my upgrading.

John Jordan

Veteran
Tried setting my carb to 2 turn outs (rich) and the engine seemed to deliver better power. Standard set up is 2 3/4 turns out. Also tried to adjust to 3 1/8 turn outs and it sounded like a helicopter in idle but reaches the rev limiter faster and doesnt seem to give a better power output. Everything is stock, about to change to an after market exhaust (HGM) and see if there's still a need to twist my carbs setting.:thumbsup:

snipermxmalayaklan

Super Veteran
Tried setting my carb to 2 turn outs (rich) and the engine seemed to deliver better power. Standard set up is 2 3/4 turns out. Also tried to adjust to 3 1/8 turn outs and it sounded like a helicopter in idle but reaches the rev limiter faster and doesnt seem to give a better power output. Everything is stock, about to change to an after market exhaust (HGM) and see if there's still a need to twist my carbs setting.:thumbsup:
as what admin told bro, don't forget to watch your sparkplug when tweaking the A/F mixture after a couple of run. it should be golden brown not black: rich or white:lean mixture.

mac kevin

Super Veteran
u have problems with ur jettings when below 1 1/2 and beyond 2 1/2 turns,, i think this range is the standard tunings,
the range should not less than 1 1/2 and not beyond 2 1/2,

John Jordan

Veteran
u have problems with ur jettings when below 1 1/2 and beyond 2 1/2 turns,, i think this range is the standard tunings,
the range should not less than 1 1/2 and not beyond 2 1/2,
Readjusted my settings since I already installed a new pipe, w/ the factory setting of 2 3/4 I am getting a rich mixture. Tried 3 twist out. Checked my SP and it seems to be in between the ideal Brown and rich mix. A tinged of black on the outer sleeve and brown on SP Tip. Still for valve adjustment. Tnx mga MASTER!

RaTTa2Wee

Veteran
If the pilotjet screw is in the intake manifold side it control the fuel mixture when turn in its in leaner when turn out make fuel richer..
If in the air filter side air is control by the pilot jet screw, turn it in will make it richer, turn it out make it lean
Salamat sir @john_carlo sa explanation, this is what im trying to say to mr. @bhek_21 and @jcm1130, in the air/fuel mixture No.9 question!.. hahaha. many thanks sir john..