• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

tips for Break in (new bike)

Samboy Del Rosario

Super Veteran
hmm.. if you guys put a big bore. do you use stock pipe to break in?
or still using open pipe for break in of your big bore? any inputs thanks! ;)

peakabu

Super Veteran
i uses hard break in til it reaches 1k...shift before it reach the limiter...our neighbor said that he follow what the manual says..and in his observation his mc ends up "malata manakbo" when he tried to reach the top speed...now he switch to sniper mx and do the hardbreak in...and he is very satisfied...just sharing an experience...

chrisniper19

Super Veteran
i uses hard break in til it reaches 1k...shift before it reach the limiter...our neighbor said that he follow what the manual says..and in his observation his mc ends up "malata manakbo" when he tried to reach the top speed...now he switch to sniper mx and do the hardbreak in...and he is very satisfied...just sharing an experience...
for some reasons pafs your right. i experienced it too my self already got 3 kinds of motorcycles and t135 was my latest. all of them were hard break in but if your planning to follow the manual i think theres no problem with that. do the waswas mode later... :p like my MC i left it with my wife only 300 km on odo just reach 90 kph and i think 2 times only. so later na ung was2 mode mga marilaque ride on vacation....:)

sniper_shit

sabi sa akin huwag lang daw babad.
dati hindi ako waswas mode. after 70kms yung Odo ko waswas na. medyo malakas lang sa gas kapag ful throttle ka.
bago palang motor ko..nkuha ko 120kph..months later parang bumagal...hindi kaya dahil sa hard break in na ginawa ko..

Barurot

Super Veteran
bago palang motor ko..nkuha ko 120kph..months later parang bumagal...hindi kaya dahil sa hard break in na ginawa ko..
hindi yan paps..hataw lang yan.kulang praktis.hehehe.. napansin ko pa sa MX kapag dimo nakuha rpm nya matagal bago nya makuha yung speed nya..

febe gienel celebria

Super Veteran
i'm bored with the break-in protocol of the manual so i did not follow it..i just used it daily from the start and did 100kph whenever i want to..and now my snipee is 1 year + and it doing great! :cool:
guys..share q lng.. my sniper h/c din aq...yung red....flame decals... after i got it from 3s .. i do full throttle at 3rd gear and reach 90km/h...take note from zero odo ha..hehehe... until i reach 100kms odo... i full throttle at 4th gear reaches 110km/h.. now at 4k odo.. i reach 120kmh.. easy to reach 110km/h.. long stretch kng 120kmh...hehehe.. 3months old plng snippy q...

WawardTy

I prefer hard break in to allow the good contacts and seals of the mating surfaces. But you need to do a couple of early oil changes to drain out the wear metals out of the system. I had my snipy oil changed after breaking it hard at 200kms odo, then am planning to do the 500kms oil change when i reach it. currently at 250kms.

febe gienel celebria

Super Veteran
same observation.. prang hirap na abotin ang 110.. hmm sa hard break in kaya 2? or nid tune up na?? never been tune up.. 8k odometer reading eh... knocking sound at the head of engine..

neilryu04

Super Veteran
Just my share bro. Tried and Tested by my self. I had a combination of hard and manual Break in. I change my oil interval and oil to every 500km. in first 500-1000km, 1st gear/30kph, 2nd gear/40kph, 3rd gear/60kph, 4th gear/80kph.2000-4000km hard break-n:thumbsup: