• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

T135 Sprocket Table Combination Part 2

CryptonX

Super Veteran
i totaly agree with justkir i do the same thing i ask questions i take answers and when im ready (when ill have the money) im going to try my friends opinion i learned what i wanted for da sprocket compination now all i need is to w8 my yamaha dealer import some t135 rear sprockets :p

it's simple guys.... u just try all the sprocket combination, and test drive ur bike... then, decide by urself......

because our bike capability is not the same.... so, it's useless to get others opinions :)

charge

Veteran
What is the top speed achieved by 15-40? With 15-39 i am only able to get about 150kph.

I plan to use 15-41 because top speed usually never go beyond 140kph... any suggestions?

tsunami

Super Veteran
charge said:
What is the top speed achieved by 15-40? With 15-39 i am only able to get about 150kph.

I plan to use 15-41 because top speed usually never go beyond 140kph... any suggestions?
North area 15/40 is good ratios for 135lc

bro, sorry to say. u juz cant make an teory by using standard calculation. dis is an single overhead cam not double. think about this k, MZ supermotard 125SM 4Stroke hav 5 hp more than our T135 8.5kW. 745Watt=1hp and why?? So, if u really wanna go for top. U must consider both theory and practical...what the effect on our gearing.. Thats y, yamaha engineers ask operator to put 15-39. but mybe ur simple opinion is right. y dont u ask them? hehehe

charge

Veteran
thanks for the suggestions tsunami and justkir :)

CrescentScythe_86, I half agree with you. Yes, Yamaha engineers design the gear ratio based on our engine torque and power curve. However, there is only one thing in their mind - gear ratio which is most suitable for general users. Sometimes when we need to go for specific purposes, then we have to read up the theory and change to the best suited one ;)

tsunami

Super Veteran
When wanna test ride for sprint time about 500-800 meter i use 14/37
and for long distance i use 15/39 std sprocket

All depense on your and you mechanics

khai2717

ahhh, i blur, how come if change rear sprocket to 40 can increase top speed? i understand pick up better, but dont understand bout the top speed..

by the way i just changed my sprockets n chains, ffront n back, standard 15 39.. i dunno y my front sprocket area make like very prominent sandy sound.. anyways, my vibration at higher rpm has become worst than before i change my sprockets n chain.. could it be the workmanship of the mechannic?

dis set me thinking tot i want to decrease the size of my rear sprocket... then i read here change to rear 40 better... wah..

i just want a smooth ride...

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
khai2717 said:
ahhh, i blur, how come if change rear sprocket to 40 can increase top speed? i understand pick up better, but dont understand bout the top speed..

by the way i just changed my sprockets n chains, ffront n back, standard 15 39.. i dunno y my front sprocket area make like very prominent sandy sound.. anyways, my vibration at higher rpm has become worst than before i change my sprockets n chain.. could it be the workmanship of the mechannic?

dis set me thinking tot i want to decrease the size of my rear sprocket... then i read here change to rear 40 better... wah..

i just want a smooth ride...
the sandy sound, try oiling your chain.

also try 16front and 42 rear. its good acceleration
and almost same top speed.

vibration? the chain should not be the cause to vibrate.
try to investigate...

unlimited express

Super Veteran
are you using the std sprocket combination? if not then better change it back to the std or just change only the rear. 42 is a good one. let the front be the same. then try to adjust the pilot air screw to 2. its only recommended if your using open air pipes. then try to adjust the idle speed to a bit higher. apply lubricants on most joints and especially the chain but not too much coz the excess will stick to the engine while running-hard to clean.
one more thing, maybe the chain is too low, you need to adjust the rear wheel farther to stretch the chain but not to tight coz it will break the chain. it can be adjusted on the end of the swingarm, both sides ok? to keep it balanced.

khai2717

oook traxxas.. thank u very much.. sandy sound reduced.. i 4got to oil the chain since i changed the sprocket n chain set.. hehehe...

i prefer to stick to standard sprox..

thanks again guys..

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
khai2717 said:
oook traxxas.. thank u very much.. sandy sound reduced.. i 4got to oil the chain since i changed the sprocket n chain set.. hehehe...

i prefer to stick to standard sprox..

thanks again guys..
no problem bro :)

charge

Veteran

ENGINE RPM: 9000
TYRE & RIM: stock

Just for reference, it is not 100% accurate. The kph is based on Malaysia T135 speedo, which has an offset of about +20%. Hope this helps.

I myself planning to put 42-15.
45-15 looks good if I am ONLY running mountain passes :)

stuff

hai guys..
i am new here..

my bike have 15t front 42t rear sprocket combination,
will this sprocket combination make my bike get over rev due to
the accelaration???i mean when full throttle in forth gear?

from my experience,this combination have very good accelaration and
a bit higher top speed than original setting...

but the sound is rougher than the original...
jus a bit...