• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

stock coil

rudduan

Super Veteran
hahahaha u got it uncle carrott,sorry kamalez u r too sloww.....hehehehe theres other brand i saw,its RACING BEE is it ok?

kamalez

Super Veteran
xp doesn't have dual socket, still have to couple up with stock cdi!!!!!!!
but xp can also able to stand alone, but fan need to be manual control

CarroTT

Super Veteran
honestly, have u seen the fan on ur bike spin ?

i have never seen it spin automatically :lol:
onli until the day i fitted a manual switch

kamalez

Super Veteran
You want to know the fan working or not!!!!
Just let your bike idle/warm up for 10-20 min and then observe, sure you are able to hear the noise of the fan and the bike tends to vibrate slight
If not working need to further troubleshoot!!!!!!
I thick you have changed to racing CDI, and did not have chance to experience the fan running!!!!!!!!!

CarroTT

Super Veteran
no dude, last time i eveliday morning,
i wake up, start the bike and leave it running while i have my breakfast,
the fan never spins, i never see it spin
even going uphill on awana and bukit tinggi all the way, the fan dun spin
tats before i use the racing cdi

no worries lar, t135 engine probably the coolest running engine in the world :lol:
the radiator hardly heats up, its just as hot as a cup of coffee :lol:

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
when i first got my bike i didn't think the fan was working eather, it's on a temp control, when the bike reaches a temp rating the fan should kick in, one day i was riding kinda hard, i went to my uncles shop and shut off the bike, i heard a strange humming sound, it was the fan, when the fan is on it shouldn vibrate or make very much noise, less noise than your computer fan makes. that is also the reason for the thermosencer, it controls the raiderator's temp.

hope that helps

kamalez

Super Veteran
Hi bro - May be your thermostat yet to open for the fan to spin, mine will spin after 10-20min during idle for sure. May be red line coolant has higher boiling point
The thermo sensor will monitor the water temperature entering back to engine. When temp goes up, the thermo sensor will give a signal back to CDI to diagnosise. CDI will give a signal to the relay to on the fan. Hence once the temperature has gone lower, signal from termo sensor will be received by CDI and digniose.This will cut out the supply to relay and will shutdown the fan running
A thermostat is a bypass circuit to water temp.
When the water temperature is in normal, it won’t circulate into radiator. As wtr temp goes up thermostat will open and allow the high temp wtr to radiator for cooling. If still radiator unable to lower downs the temp, then the fan will start spin base on the thermo sensor.
There will be a slight vibration when the fan is spinning and this is very much noticeable during idle. During ride it hardly you can hear the fan running as the radiator is cooled down by natural air and surrounding noise.

rooster

Super Veteran
CarroTT said:
honestly, have u seen the fan on ur bike spin ?

i have never seen it spin automatically :lol:
onli until the day i fitted a manual switch
i did when my bike was still on da break in period..it spins after the engine went idle for about 20 mins..the bike was on a stand still position..but after goin more than 5k never seen it spin again...
btw the fan is made by PANASONIC :D

kamalez

Super Veteran
As i told during the ride the fan can be hardly spin due to drawing natural air.
Mine made by HITACHI