• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Spark Plug Cable

Aru Hadyantiko

Halo.. I have questions, mind if i get answer here..

I wanna ask, what is the best spark plug cable on the market right now?
Is it racing boy spark plug cable, ngk spark plug cable, or anything else?

Is anybody here have technical chart about it? Like how many ohm did it have, how much heat it can endure, etc

And last question,
What if, using car spark plug cable, like MSD Brand, at protec coil carspeed (coil that i used now)

Thank you

man_sate

Super Veteran
Halo.. I have questions, mind if i get answer here..

I wanna ask, what is the best spark plug cable on the market right now?
Is it racing boy spark plug cable, ngk spark plug cable, or anything else?

Is anybody here have technical chart about it? Like how many ohm did it have, how much heat it can endure, etc

And last question,
What if, using car spark plug cable, like MSD Brand, at protec coil carspeed (coil that i used now)

Thank you
Hi,
Just want to share my experience regarding spark plug cable especially ngk and split fire cable.
I will not use them as they cannot withstand high temperature. It will make the coil plug firing not accurately when the cable is hot. Then it will stop firing and need to wait the cable cool, it take 2-3 hours. That time I thought my cdi or coil plug already broke but the cable is the problem. I have bad experience when travelling long distance when use it. I have modified my bike thus the temperature will increase. I never occur this problem with standard, uma or andrion coil plug.
Wait for others review.

Aru Hadyantiko

Hi,
Just want to share my experience regarding spark plug cable especially ngk and split fire cable.
I will not use them as they cannot withstand high temperature. It will make the coil plug firing not accurately when the cable is hot. Then it will stop firing and need to wait the cable cool, it take 2-3 hours. That time I thought my cdi or coil plug already broke but the cable is the problem. I have bad experience when travelling long distance when use it. I have modified my bike thus the temperature will increase. I never occur this problem with standard, uma or andrion coil plug.
Wait for others review.
So you are saying that standart cable is much better even it have much more resistant than ngk spark plug?

What about using aftermarket car spark plug cable like MSD?

Last edited:

man_sate

Super Veteran
So you are saying that standart cable is much better even it have much more resistant than ngk spark plug?

What about using aftermarket car spark plug cable like MSD?
Yes.. Standard cable is better. Just plug extension is problem. Plug extension have much more resistant but less resistant to heat. Standard bike might be benefit from it because it will generate less heat.
I use it around 2 weeks then uninstall it and it seat in my store for 1 year. Hahahaha. Car spark plug cable maybe can withstand the heat. Never tried.
It's better upgrade coil plug to aftermarket like uma, andrion, kitaco, protec or others rather than install an extension plug cable. It will save your time. Maybe others will have different view from me. Wait for them.

Aru Hadyantiko

Yes.. Standard cable is better. Just plug extension is problem. Plug extension have much more resistant but less resistant to heat. Standard bike might be benefit from it because it will generate less heat.
I use it around 2 weeks then uninstall it and it seat in my store for 1 year. Hahahaha. Car spark plug cable maybe can withstand the heat. Never tried.
It's better upgrade coil plug to aftermarket like uma, andrion, kitaco, protec or others rather than install an extension plug cable. It will save your time. Maybe others will have different view from me. Wait for them.
I already change my coil to protec carspeed, but i think the cable is broken. Its leaking.
So i came up with this idea, coil protec carspeed + car spark plug cable.
Because car apark plug cable more resistant to heat, and there are various aftermarket brand out there that have zero ohm resistant cable like MSD for example

man_sate

Super Veteran
I already change my coil to protec carspeed, but i think the cable is broken. Its leaking.
So i came up with this idea, coil protec carspeed + car spark plug cable.
Because car apark plug cable more resistant to heat, and there are various aftermarket brand out there that have zero ohm resistant cable like MSD for example
That should do. I also face this kind of issue. Andrion plug cable leak because of to much bending. Hahaha. The other way is to cut cable from standard coil. I cut my brother uma plug coil cable because the cable is long. Part that can be use from cable plug extension is the connector.