• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Spark doesn't slow down...

pitsch

Hi Guys,

I'm a Newbie here and have a question to you... (who ever reads this ;) )
Sometimes, when i drive fast, not even full speed but on high RPM's
and i need to slow down a bit by just taking back gas a bit, the Bike suddenly accellerates... this happens just for a bit of a second... but caused already some let's say,.. stressful situations...
When i went to the Yamaha dealer where i bought the bike and explained the problem, none of the mechanics seemed to have an idea, what i was talking about.
Well,.. ok... my Thai is not very good but also by trying to let my Thai wife explain the problem to them, they didn't understand...
Did anyone of you experience the same in the past with the bike?

really hoping, that one can help or maybe give some ideas what the problem could be..

cheers

CarroTT

Super Veteran
izzit when u close the throttle suddenly the bike jerk to the front ?

when u close and open back does it have a moment of no power den suddenly the power abruptly fires back ?

i m suspecting sumthing,
sumthing tat causes not all T135 are tuned equally out the assembly line
just a theory i believe tat cud happen

pitsch

" izzit when u close the throttle suddenly the bike jerk to the front ? "

yep lobak... exactly like that...

"when u close and open back does it have a moment of no power den suddenly the power abruptly fires back ? "

yep,... but it's nearly not noticable...

really don't know, what it could be... but this behavior of the bike really sucks sometimes

clicked

i do face somethin of such too. close throttle den open again, power cant seems to deliver for a moment.

however,close throttle and bike jerk front,no...

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
Hey guys, i belive this is one ove the small problems of the CDI and the TPS. As far as i know almost all T135's do this. I think it may be because there is a spot on the throtle cable near the grip, it's suppose to have a return cable. but for the factory to save a little $$ they only installed one. the bike will still work, but i reall think thats the problem. My friend in Brunie has a R 6, it has the two cables on it. he said he had a simalure problim like ours with his bike. he just instaled the return cable and he had no more problem. but i don't know if our carberator is adapable for two cables. someone needs to check??

CarroTT

Super Veteran
it is becoz of the accelerator pump

there are 2 ways to adjust the acc pump,
the screw tat adjust the clearance of the acc lever
and
adjusting the carb slide clearance ( just, opposite way of doing it )

i found out the acc pump,
can adjust the richness of the mixture by adjusting it,
it does not acts just like a extra fuel spray when u open the trottle,
but somehow it also acts as an continous flow jet, sumthing like a fine tune jet i feel.
I dunno y this happens, no time to play with the carb to see what components i missed the last time i examined it.

U can loosen a bit the screw tat adjust the acc pump.
u shud notice the jerking and the power loss moment shud be lessen.
But u have to know wat u r doing
Otherwise it takes times to get back the right adjustment

Basically it just adjust at which slide position tat the acc pump starts to function when u open the throttle further .

Becoz of this accurate adjustment,
i suspect that not all T135 are adjusted equal,

sum might have less power at the bottom ( like mine, before i tinker with the pump, it was totally terrible before, even opening the throttle when the engine was cold wud coz it to stall )

sum might be like yours, a slightly over rich mixture

like goff said,
its hard to get the optimum adjustment to get the best power but not an over rich mixture. Over rich, and a nasty n more severe problem like yours will occur.
1 carb is hard enough to adjust, 4 carbs is hell, i will be screaming mummy .

Imagine playing on the track, every time u close the throttle to brake into a corner ur bike jerks, and when u slam back open the throttle while u r still leaning, u get no power and then suddenly the power fires back.
I had this problem when i adjusted the pump improperly causing it to be too rich, slided a few times as i lost traction without the power.
And NO, i did not change the stock jettings, i just simply adjusted the screws of the pump.
A slight very brief moment of no power when u open back the throttle is normal, as u just sprayed a lot of extra fuel at once, but too long it cud be dangerous.

I had to slowly adjust it on the highway, while making small screw adjustments, many times.

I know this might be hard to believe,
but try to adjust it yourself n u will understand what i mean.
But make sure u knows how to re-adjust it .

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
where is that adjustment screw?

is that the screw on the left side (if your sitting on the bike) noted below??

At the begining of the first 3 months, i had to play with this screw. and it made a change in the bikes behaver. but now, i made the same adjustment. again, the bike dosn't feel anybetter like it did before. i know this says it's for idle adjustment. but the idle dosn't sound any differant, or feel any differant.

I really think i need to take a course in motor cycle engine machanic's! only wish they had one in this country!

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Right on lobak. That's what I've done recently to avoid this. I've adjusted the screw distance between the carb spring and the throttle handle. Take away that wasted space and it seems to help, although now my carb is failing on me :( needs cleaning.

BARUA

Super Veteran
that problem also happen to one idiot nick tsunami..hahah cable condition going to wear/tear also can..just change it ..not so expensive that thing

CarroTT

Super Veteran
Re: where is that adjustment screw?

goff_d_p said:
is that the screw on the left side (if your sitting on the bike) noted below??

At the begining of the first 3 months, i had to play with this screw. and it made a change in the bikes behaver. but now, i made the same adjustment. again, the bike dosn't feel anybetter like it did before. i know this says it's for idle adjustment. but the idle dosn't sound any differant, or feel any differant.

I really think i need to take a course in motor cycle engine machanic's! only wish they had one in this country!
No goff, the one u r showing are the idle and air screw.
The air screw is 1.625 rounds out, if u are using a completely stock bike.

if u r sitting on the bike,
its on the right,
the left one is the choke. not adjustable

mebi miobikerz can help u out,
i m not tat good at explaining bout this .

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
ptsch, don't trust the mechanics at the dealership. I was there last night getting my bike serviced at 7000kms and asked the guys nicely to check and adjust the tappet settings for the carb, plus please check the spark plug.

Took them an hour and finally I came back, bike parked infront of the showroom garage ready to go. I asked the mechanic how much and he asked the receptionist about the bill for the "HONDA AIR BLADE".

What a dumbass. Not the longest penis in his family I can see now. They did not do jack shit and told me it's no problem because the bike is still new.

Mechanics in Thailand don't love their jobs much. So I came home and cleaned the plug and tune ups myself. Fugedaboudit!

pitsch

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help... couldn't reply earlier coz i had to stay at hospital
and just came back today. Had some bad food already 1 1/2 weeks ago and now, when antibiotics were finished, the whole shit started again and i had to go for some proper checking.
I will try the tip with the acc pump as soon as i can bend my body without being afraid, that there could be a mess. :lol:

Yeah, MioBikerBoyz... most of the mechanics here suck...
i think, most of them are doin the job coz they have the chance to fix and mod their own bikes without paying full and using the tools from the garage...

Got once my bike back after the chain got torn apart (that happened to me once before in my life about 20yrs ago on my GSX-R750) and this dumbass of mechanic managed to put the rear axis in a difference of over 5mm from left to right side... when i returned the bike after 5minutes, the guy was just laughing...
talking to his boss also didn't bring anything and so i changed to another garage... but to be honest... they are not much better there...

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Living in Thailand and being a Foreigner these days is like being black in a 60's North Carolina high school. I must admit but thet Thais are very racist towards outsiders.

I don't get along much here because of the principal. It's all a matter of respect and equality, if they wanna put me down, I shit on their parade.

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
thats kinda the same here and Philippines. a shop see me coming, they think "KA-CHING!!" were as i have my cousen get things for me it's half the price i was quoted. i hate that sh*t

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Well its the way things are and we gotta put up with it. But they don't see me coming when I am crouched in the racerz position doing 145kms/hr down the highway past a scooterist wanting to get in my lane without indicators.

Thats my way of saying "In your face for not being observative of the Foreigner on the mean Spark machine" :D

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
i tried to do that once, but it wasn't with other cyclests, it was with padestrans. the saw me coming, and they just keeped on walking. to anyone filipino don't take this the wrong way. some, and i did say "some" filipinos are very stupid. they have no comonsence. it's not even taught in this country. but it's only some, on a scale of 10, 8 are the stupid ones. Please don't take it the wrong way, this is just my observsation and my two cents.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Its with every country in the World mate. Not only the Philipines, or Thailand, or Malaysia...its just normal. Best thing we can do is to just go with the flow and enjoy life :) Thats what I had learned from all these years living in Asia.