• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

SOME PROVEN TIPS and TRICKS for T135

X1rCJ

Super Veteran
haen said:
white smoke.. hmmm.. i got this case once on my friend's bike.. apparently it's the piston oil ring.. believe it or not.. factory break in suggestion is not entirely healthy for the engine.. italian way is the good way...

what is the italian way sir? :oops: :idea:

haen

Super Veteran
Italian way of breaking in or Motoman USA's school "

1. make sure the engine reaches normal working temperature
2. do several rapid accel on the road (not while the bike got no load)
3. look for less dense highway for safety
4. decelerate the engine without using the brake after do the accel
5. do this for about 500 km.

JamesCore

Super Veteran
i did the italian way haen.. maybe the factory break was not good at all hehehe.. ill replace my piston oil ring.

sniper31

Super Veteran
Bro haen, pls draw or sketch simply how to do in br0wn wire going to cdi. If i cut at the middle of the br0wn wire fr0m the harness going to cdi, the leg # 87 is to connect to cdi? Then the other end of the br0wn wire that i cut is the one i wil connect to leg # 85. Am i correct? Pls correct me. I am ign0rant ab0ut this matter. Tnx bro!

haen

Super Veteran
@sniper31 : its simple bro, just take off the brown wire from the wiring harness CDI socket, so u don't have to cut anything, and get a cable schoon (connector) same type with the harness and use a new cable to connect it to that #87

NACZ

Super Veteran
haen said:
Italian way of breaking in or Motoman USA's school "

1. make sure the engine reaches normal working temperature
2. do several rapid accel on the road (not while the bike got no load)
3. look for less dense highway for safety
4. decelerate the engine without using the brake after do the accel
5. do this for about 500 km.

Bro, Addition,
Do not use synthetic oil, While in break-in period.
correct me if I'm wrong.. Tnx!

EinVer

Super Veteran
just finished back reading the pages, and i think ill be spending my weekend tuning up my sniper hc.

i've got a few question though:

1. how high or what is the max rpm that a stock cdi gives?
- i installed an 18 led tachometer, it helps a lot in my shifting, but i have no idea how much a led is worth in terms of rpm.

2. would it be advisable to change the main jet from 103.5 to 105 for a stock engine (my ride is pretty much in stock form except for the spark plug, high tension wire, and exhaust pipe)

3. does adjusting the TPS position really increase rpm limit from the cdi?

im more into acceleration than top speed, right now i can do 120kph max, and i wouldn't mind cutting it down to 110kph as long as i can achieve considerable increase in acceleration.

any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
EinVer said:
1. how high or what is the max rpm that a stock cdi gives?
- i installed an 18 led tachometer, it helps a lot in my shifting, but i have no idea how much a led is worth in terms of rpm.
max rpm of stock cdi is 9200rpm

2. would it be advisable to change the main jet from 103.5 to 105 for a stock engine (my ride is pretty much in stock form except for the spark plug, high tension wire, and exhaust pipe)
yes bro, remember the stock mainjet of automatic t135 is #105
so that means in HC, we can use #105 as mainjet

3. does adjusting the TPS position really increase rpm limit from the cdi?
no idea, i havent confirmed this...

im more into acceleration than top speed, right now i can do 120kph max, and i wouldn't mind cutting it down to 110kph as long as i can achieve considerable increase in acceleration.
change cdi and valve spring and sprocket.
you will get what you want :)

EinVer

Super Veteran
@ traxxas-modifier - thanks for the reply bro
i've already changed my rear sprocket from 39T to 42T, and im pretty pleased with the result,
smoother acceleration ang gear shift, maybe it matched my driving style.

re: mainjet #105, can i order it as a single item or does it come with something else?

and by the way, i think adjusting the TPS position do raise the rpm limit a little. here's my observation:
i use an 18 LED tachometer, and in my settings, i never get the 18th LED to lit up, since i reach the rpm limit with the 17th LED blinking
after adjusting the TPS position, i can lit up the 18th LED without hitting the rpm limit
i think it added 500 rpm to the limit or a bit more.

can't give a more solid proof though, at least until i make myself a digital display tachometer :)

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
bro einver

why not make lots of it and sell it to our fellow forumers..
surely lots wants to have that kind of mods led tacho...

can you make me one?

2b1ask1

Super Veteran
@ einver
how did you adjust the TPS to increase RPM?

@ traxxas
sir is the 107 mainjet for open pipe stock engined stock filter overkill? :)
after changing my pipe the bike feels kinda heavy in low RPM even after tune up, already changed the main jet to 107 the bike feels lighter on 3/4 up throttle, maybe because of the change in mainjet, perhaps still needs additional tuning for low rpm operation.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
@2b1
jettings is an experement.. yes you need to finetune your carb to get the best out of it...

for low rpm try to experement with pilot jet...

jamskie

Super Veteran
but i just did the soft break in..is it ok?..i just follow the instructions on the handbook of snipey

2b1ask1

Super Veteran
thanks sir traxxas, i just tested 3/4 to full throttle yesterday and i think the 107 jet is great! i just did a 115kph with backride playing with 2 cbr 150's and 1 suzuki skydrive.