• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

SOME PROVEN TIPS and TRICKS for T135

thon

Super Veteran
GooD day everyone.is there anyone here who knows how to do all of these tips. Aim from cavite anyone who is near that can help me.thanks.
I'm also from cavite bro, Are you trying to direct your CDI supply to the battery? I can help you bro.;)

Kenshi

The "Porting and Polishing" Myth

It is popularly held that enlarging the ports to the maximum possible size and applying a mirror finish is what porting is. However that is not so. Some ports may be enlarged to their maximum possible size (in keeping with the highest level of aerodynamic efficiency) but those engines are highly developed very high speed units where the actual size of the ports has become a restriction. Often the size of the port is reduced to increase power. A mirror finish of the port does not provide the increase that intuition would suggest. In fact, within intake systems, the surface is usually deliberately textured to a degree of uniform roughness to encourage fuel deposited on the port walls to evaporate quickly. A rough surface on selected areas of the port may also alter flow by energizing the boundary layer, which can alter the flow path noticeably, possibly increasing flow. This is similar to what the dimples on a golf ball do. Flow bench testing shows that the difference between a mirror finished intake port and a rough textured port is typically less than 1%. The difference between a smooth to the touch port and an optically mirrored surface is not measurable by ordinary means. Exhaust ports may be smooth finished because of the dry gas flow and in the interest of minimizing exhaust by-product build-up. A 300 - 400 Grit finish followed by a light buff is generally accepted to be representative of a near optimal finish for exhaust gas ports.

The reason that polished ports are not advantageous from a flow standpoint is that at the interface between the metal wall and the air, the air speed is ZERO (see boundary layer and laminar flow). This is due to the wetting action of the air and indeed all fluids. The first layer of molecules adheres to the wall and does not move significantly. The rest of the flow field must shear past which develops a velocity profile (or gradient) across the duct. In order for surface roughness to impact flow appreciably, the high spots must be high enough to protrude into the faster moving air toward the center. Only a very rough surface does this.

SOURCE : WIKIPEDIA
This is an interesting topic sir haen. so it means that a mirror finished ports is not good for our engine? so what can we do if for example our head ports have been polished to a mirror finish? can we use a sand paper with 300 - 400 grit to make a textured port again? I think this is a common mistake of some of the engine builders today, the thinking is a smooth surface can make the flow of gas faster than the stock textured surface.

iceman_andre

TIP #8

Use a 4 leg RELAY (BOSCH is recommended, PART CODE BOSCH - 0 332 019 453 ), use this to power ur CDI and make that LAZY HORN TO WORK BETTER !!
(see pics attached)

installation on my BIKE :
(see pics attached)

FEEL THE DIFFERENCE !
1. Better ignition because the current is pure = better performance
2. No more power loss when u turn on the head lamp..
3. Cheap trick to increase ignition performance

UPDATE :
4. Your main lamp now is brighter too

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE :

Leg number 30 goes directly to BATTERY'S POSITIVE TERMINAL , use thick cable and clamp, and fuse house complete with the fuse, 10 A will do...

Leg number 87 goes to CDI (cut the brown cable from the harness in the middle and connect it to the relay)

Leg number 85 goes to main switch (the other END of the brown cable that goes to the CDI female socket)..

Leg number 86 goes to GROUND, use cable terminal and screw it anywhere on the chassis (i screwed it at the CDI's bracket bolt)..

TIPS : buy a relay socket to make it easier and appropriate cable terminals (2 female small terminal (goes to the original socket), 1 small cable terminal (goes to the terminal from the original socket, after u pull it out of course by using small minus screwdriver and press softly the small part at the socket terminal), 8 large female terminal (4 for the relay's legs on the socket,2 for cable connection,2 for spares), 2 male large terminal...
I've try to open the cdi.But i'm confuse when i found a relay with 2 leg on it.Do i must cut the brown wire in that relay too?
And 1 more question,leg 30 is connect directly to baterry + terminal,so i must make new wire connection?
Thanks before..

ike

diagram for horn : (see pics attached)

LEG #30 TO BATTERY
LEG #87 TO HORN (+)
LEG #85 TO SWITCH
LEG #86 TO SWITCH

relay accs :
see pics attached
r
bro haen i just a little bit confused with this connection that you said coz i tried it both the engine is not stopping i re check my wiring is same as the nos. that you indicated thats why i'm confused which one is really right need your advise regarding this thnks an more power
TIP #8

Use a 4 leg RELAY (BOSCH is recommended, PART CODE BOSCH - 0 332 019 453 ), use this to power ur CDI and make that LAZY HORN TO WORK BETTER !!
(see pics attached)

installation on my BIKE :
(see pics attached)

FEEL THE DIFFERENCE !
1. Better ignition because the current is pure = better performance
2. No more power loss when u turn on the head lamp..
3. Cheap trick to increase ignition performance

UPDATE :
4. Your main lamp now is brighter too

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE :

Leg number 30 goes directly to BATTERY'S POSITIVE TERMINAL , use thick cable and clamp, and fuse house complete with the fuse, 10 A will do...

Leg number 87 goes to CDI (cut the brown cable from the harness in the middle and connect it to the relay)

Leg number 85 goes to main switch (the other END of the brown cable that goes to the CDI female socket)..

Leg number 86 goes to GROUND, use cable terminal and screw it anywhere on the chassis (i screwed it at the CDI's bracket bolt)..

TIPS : buy a relay socket to make it easier and appropriate cable terminals (2 female small terminal (goes to the original socket), 1 small cable terminal (goes to the terminal from the original socket, after u pull it out of course by using small minus screwdriver and press softly the small part at the socket terminal), 8 large female terminal (4 for the relay's legs on the socket,2 for cable connection,2 for spares), 2 male large terminal...

snypey16

Super Veteran
I've try to open the cdi.But i'm confuse when i found a relay with 2 leg on it.Do i must cut the brown wire in that relay too?
And 1 more question,leg 30 is connect directly to baterry + terminal,so i must make new wire connection?
Thanks before..
i think relay with two legs is not possible.. coz relay must consist of + and - supply for its coil and and must have another two minimum for the connection of common and normally open or normally close the 4 leg relay is called SPST and the 5 leg relay is called SPDT

snypey16

Super Veteran
r
bro haen i just a little bit confused with this connection that you said coz i tried it both the engine is not stopping i re check my wiring is same as the nos. that you indicated thats why i'm confused which one is really right need your advise regarding this thnks an
the easiest way is disconnect your horn and tap it on 85 and 86 that is for the relay coil after that tap a wire going to the batt + and tap it on relay no. 30 a

mac kevin

Super Veteran
so hard to find 4 leg relay with part no. given by sir haen, same as hard to find 5 leg relay given by sir thon

john_carlo

Super Veteran
so hard to find 4 leg relay with part no. given by sir haen, same as hard to find 5 leg relay given by sir thon
bosch relay with 5 pin is available in auto supply..

4 and 5 pin relay is same the only difference in 5 pin there is two numer 87 which is same in function..

mac kevin

Super Veteran
but
bosch relay with 5 pin is available in auto supply..

4 and 5 pin relay is same the only difference in 5 pin there is two numer 87 which is same in function..
tagum city has no 5leg bosch relay with "87a", ive been to davao city (55 km from tagum) also found nothing there... much more with the 4leg relay with given part no. by sir haen... take note those cities are big with so many auto supplies, other sales associates said, its existed before but now no more coz of low demand.. i think u can purchase one from second hand parts and auto supplies, i plan to visit some here in tagum city

Last edited:

john_carlo

Super Veteran
this is a very commor relay in any auto supply it is use in different accosries like horn, lights, or any accersories to presvent the switch from overheating... in buyinmg don't mention the part number coz different ampere has different part number.. just ask for a 12 volt bosch relay finish... another common relay is circuit brand

in a auto surplus shop you can buy a different brand but with same function.. also this is available in a DIY shop, ace hardware, blade, even in some electronic shop you can buy a relay with different brand and look but same in function..

mac kevin

Super Veteran
this is a very commor relay in any auto supply it is use in different accosries like horn, lights, or any accersories to presvent the switch from overheating... in buyinmg don't mention the part number coz different ampere has different part number.. just ask for a 12 volt bosch relay finish... another common relay is circuit brand

in a auto surplus shop you can buy a different brand but with same function.. also this is available in a DIY shop, ace hardware, blade, even in some electronic shop you can buy a relay with different brand and look but same in function..
I already bought that relay same as in ur pic, it cost me P120, I suppose to install the same for my HID- normal charge /fast charge which diagram is given/posted by sir thon, but when I refer it to him, he immediately replied to look for a pin with 87a coz pin 87 is different from 87a, so meaning that relay is not the one.
x----------------------x

with 87a, this type of relay is defined as “Single Pole Double Throw” or “SPDT. This term means that the single armature terminal (or pole, pin30) can be connected (or thrown) to two other terminals, pins 87a and 87.

Attachments

Last edited:

john_carlo

Super Veteran
I already bought that relay same as in ur pic, it cost me P120, I suppose to install the same for my HID- normal charge /fast charge which diagram is given/posted by sir thon, but when I refer it to him, he immediately replied to look for a pin with 87a coz pin 87 is different from 87a, so meaning that relay is not the one.
x----------------------x
with 87a, this type of relay is defined as “Single Pole Double Throw” or “SPDT. This term means that the single armature terminal (or pole, pin30) can be connected (or thrown) to two other terminals, pins 87a and 87.

your looking for a spdt relay.. you can convert that relay to spdt to be use in fast charger.. if you are using hid sir check the relay of the HID itself some hid has an spdt relay just exchange the relay.. post some picture later so that you can convert that to spdt

john_carlo

Super Veteran
x----------------------x

this is an old relay that came from my old HID harness

this is an old ordinary relay that is converted to an always on relays just for educational purpose only

snypey16

Super Veteran
#87 on a bosh relay is normally open while #87a is a normally close contact sir carlo is right if you can find any spdt relay a spst or ordinary relay can be converted to spst with a normally close or as sir carlo said always on

snypey16

Super Veteran
spdt relay or Single Pole Double Throw relay commonly used for fast charging because the inside connection with that relay is in contact and will disconnected if it activated or supllied with 12 vdc

Joe SEVEN

Veteran
i never knew the engine breather also two way.
i thought its one way only throwing out air... :)
thanks Nice info bro stroker!

breather hose pipe is located on the left side engine.
on top of water pump.
just beside the big black hose coming from the radiator.

ALSO

i have done the tip#5 valve clearance setting
intake 0.10mm
exhaust 0.13mm

so far so good :)
please send picture how to do it,PLEASE