• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

SOME PROVEN TIPS and TRICKS for T135

haen

Super Veteran
Hi guys and gals, just wanna compile some tips and tricks, if you have a good tip ur welcome to add it on this thread. Here's some from me :

TIPS FOR those who already upgrade block to V-Ixion block :

1. Dont forget to change the Cam (stock vixion cam / my super cam) followed by pilot jet stepped up to #22,5 and Main Jet #105/110
2. Carb change to MIKUNI TM24, TM28, KEIHIN PE 28, PWK 28
3. Change CDI & ignition coil
EDIT :
4. Change valve spring too... (TK or whatever brand which proven to be good)

COMMON TIPS:

1. Dont install the lower cyl gasket, use threebond sealer instead, then check ur valve clearance, is the piston still within safe clearance from valve at Top Dead Center (TDC) position and not collide with valve by rotating the crankshaft counter clockwise 4 times (to the top position marked at the cam sprocket)
2. Take off the decompression assy on cam sprocket.
3. See that engine breather rubber pipe from water pump that connects to air box? Unplug it from air box, then close the end of the rubber pipe with an aftermarket air filter (small sizes usually priced about USD 3.75-7.5 per pcs) and tie it using cable tie to secure position, and close the hole on the air box using plastics or whatever u can use, theory based on 4 Stroke Performance Tuning book by A.Graham Bell, the saturated air on ur filter box from the engine blow by robs a little bit of hp, the reason they connect it to air filter box is because manufacturer must comply to government enviromental rule.
Race bikes use an oil catch tank to solve this engine blow by thing.
4. DONT over fill the oil, it will torture ur engine, optimum is at medium level (for Auto Clutch) and 95% position (for Hand/Manual Clutch).
5. Valve clearance (for stock T135 cam)
Performance Setting 0.10 (IN) - 0.13 (OUT)
Fuel efficient setting 0.12 (IN) - 0.15 (OUT)

For Vixion cam
Performance setting 0.10 IN - 0.18 OUT
Stock setting 0.10 IN - 0.20 OUT

6. Take off the choke butterfly if u rarely use it, helps a bit at high rpm.
7. Change the stock air filter to K&N, or use yellow foam side from old VEGA air filter element and modify it according to the size of stock air filter assy.

More to come... anyone wants to add ?

rudduan

Super Veteran
to haen, can u show the pic of the end of the rubber tube that u attach small air filter??? coz ive done it but it just help the acceleration but no top speed....normally i can reach 140++km/h but after i did the #3 tips my bike can reach 120km/h only p/s its just on my speedometer not actual speed ok.....

haen

Super Veteran
hi rudduan, which side to take.. there's two hoses attached to the airbox.. one is for AIS.. the other is from crackcase blowby.. which is located at water pump.. if u apply tips #3 dont forget to readjust ur carb air screw setting.. because the mixture would be too lean.. sometimes we must step up the pilot jet / main jet.. or readjusting the float level setting on the carb.. i did this to my bike.. remember.. because the saturation is gone.. the air ratio changes.. thats why ur bike is good on accel.. but not on top speed because the main jet is too small.. my guess is ur bike is the hand clutch type which has #103.5 size of main jet.. step it up to 105 or 110 if u use racing pipe..

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
i was able to talk a the mechanic of one of the member hawkeye135
and he uses his t135 in circuit racing...

he installed 32mm carb
and got no airfilter..
i tried his bike, and its really fast!!!

They also removed the decomp assembly already tip#2

and true to what haen is saying yes removing decompression
assembly or they call it locally as "Compression Release" will really
help because the mechanics explanation is, for some reason
there are times that this decomp assembly stockedup and wont work
the way it should be thus releasing the compression....
and loose power..

soon i will do that... and will show pics...
on how to do it.

really great help your info haen!!!

rudduan

Super Veteran
haen said:
hi rudduan, which side to take.. there's two hoses attached to the airbox.. one is for AIS.. the other is from crackcase blowby.. which is located at water pump.. if u apply tips #3 dont forget to readjust ur carb air screw setting.. because the mixture would be too lean.. sometimes we must step up the pilot jet / main jet.. or readjusting the float level setting on the carb.. i did this to my bike.. remember.. because the saturation is gone.. the air ratio changes.. thats why ur bike is good on accel.. but not on top speed because the main jet is too small.. my guess is ur bike is the hand clutch type which has #103.5 size of main jet.. step it up to 105 or 110 if u use racing pipe..
indeed i detach the hose that connected through waterpump,my bike is A/C,yes thanks for the explanations,i'll re-set my carb but after i've clean ie first rite now i re-attach the hose maybe end of this week i'll do it again,can u post the pic of the small air filter,damn its just like things from mars here....

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
hey guys, question, when you say step #2 is that part #6 in the parts catalog or is it part #7? the reason i ask, is that part 6 looks like a one peice thing.

there for i would assume your talking about part #7, because that looks to be the only part that can be removed. let me know if i'm correct. ok? just woundering.

haen

Super Veteran
oh btw goff, it's the part #7 AND inner parts of #6 on the parts catalogue, u just have to use only the sprocket thats all...

juandelacruz

I'm a newbie, how can we know if we need to replace the stock #103.5 mainjet to #105 after disconnecting the breather hose? what is the symptoms if any? tia

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
i tried #3 segestion on my bike, i'm not really sure if it really adds any more power, i just can't tell. it kinda feels slightly faster. but i just can't say it's alot of differance.

juandelacruz

I also tried #3 last night and I think it adds some hp on the bike at low rpm. In my case, I think the additional hp came from getting my A/F mixture right. Before I did step #3, my bike feels richer therefore removing the breather hose from the air box makes it right. Any one knows why the mainjet from A/C and H/C differs? It kinda bothers me cause my friends always says that stock A/C is faster than stock H/C.

juandelacruz

haen said:
H/C main jet size (stock) is #103.5 while A/C main jet size is #105
why is that?

it doesn't make sense at least to me since it involves the same engine.
is that for economic reason?

by the way, is shaving the upper portion of the block by 1mm makes the valve hit the piston? some says that stock clearance of piston and head are larger at TDC due to manufacturing process involve. that's why i'm thinking of shaving the block by 1mm...tia

charge

Veteran
haen said:
1. Dont install the lower cyl gasket, use threebond sealer instead

5. Valve clearance
1. what is threebond sealer?
2. the value 0.10 / 0.13 is in cm?

Thanks

haen

Super Veteran
threebond is a sealer brand.. conforms JIS standard... value of valve clearance is in mm.. use a feeler gauge..

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
bro haen

5. Valve clearance

also applies to vixion block and stock t135 block???

thanks