1. Lets Play Games now at YamahaT150 ARCADE
    Click Here to play
  2. If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper 150 Idle Problem After Modifications

Discussion in 'Modification' started by [email protected], Apr 8, 2017.

1. dhel@1234

[email protected] New Member

Philippines
    hi sir gooday , a just want to hear your advice regarding my idle problem on my bike Sniper MX 150.
    Recently my first mode is racing pipe and 63mm bore kit, the rest is stock, running is very fine.
    But i have to decide to upgrade more bore and heads, so i installed 65mm bore kit, 24/22 big vlaves including headworks, 6.0mm lift cams, 160cc 10 holes injector, BUT the ECU and throttle body is Stock..

So i've try my best to tuned my idle but it doesn't works, maybe the 1/4 throttle is my problem. My low RPM torque is very rough and delay response while im cruising mode or city driving only. Regarding in full throttle response TOP end , it is more likely for me, i can reach in a RPM cut off in a seconds..
    The funny thing is, i always revving between 1000 to 2000 rpm to retain my idle while in a traffic..
    I try to adjust Air screw in a throttle body and it doesn't work.. poor idle quality...

In facts, ECU (programmable) is the best way to fixed this problem but, it is very costly for me for the meantime.. or very soon..

i dont know if may injector is unfit to my modes, maybe 180cc 10 holes injectors?
    stock throttle body?
    stock ECU?

ECU reseting that can fixed idle problem?

what do you think Masters? thanks

3. mxking035

mxking035 Veteran

Philippines
    Using stock ECU will be too rich for that injector during Idle and too lean during cruise and full throttle.
    Better use aftermarket ECU and 34mm Throttle Body

JapSpeed likes this.
  4. dhel@1234

Philippines
    thanks sir, i've try to ask inside yamaha service center by tuning stock ECU, and they used Fi diagnostic tool for air/fuel adjustment.
    Almost my 1/4 throttle improved but my idle is dead. You have same suggestion it is better to bought bigger throttle body to retain my idle and racing ECU (programmable). They suggest Apitech or BRT juken with remote. They know its so expensive but sooner or later i can manage my A/F w/ ECU management anytime. very thanks sir

5. mxking035

mxking035 Veteran

Philippines
    try to use ordinary sparkplug like CPR8EA-9 for good Idle and daily use, but use your stock CR8E for race

I've also experienced loss of idle, I just use mx135 sparkplug, put some 3bond on intake manifold, waterpump and head cover.

Also after tuneup, don't use your stock sparkplug, use CPR8EA-9 for the first startup, I have used 4-5 spakplu already, damaged after every tuneup becuz of very rich idle for bigger injector, and our stockplug is cold for our setup

6. mxking035

mxking035 Veteran

Philippines
    Better use tuneboss if you want it to tune by yourself

I'm using 180cc 12hole injector, 32mm TB, 62mm semi dome, cams, faito coil and I have tuned it very well using tablet

I made 2 settings for 2 sparklug, CR8E(long drive) and CPR8EA-9(for daily)
    And also I made settings for drag race only (no delay in throttle)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Julio25 likes this.
  7. dhel@1234

Philippines
    yeah you're right sir, i figure it out my SP reading is rich, im using NGK platinum currently, soon i will try your suggestions regarding for spark plug...
    Speaking of tuneboss, it is user friendly also for bike user, but it is very expensive, maybe soon.. i try to observe my engine modes weekly, when it perfectly match, ECU will next..

8. mxking035

mxking035 Veteran

Philippines
    don't use your platinum for now, it will be damaged soon for rich afr, better use it when everything is complete.
    better buy 185php sparkplug in yamaha,

9. dhel@1234

Philippines
    yeah, thanks sir and regards