• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Simple Tip "roller Chain Oil Maintenance(power Steering Oil)"

Jonmitchell

Super Veteran
hi to all you brothers out there, i just want to share may simple roller chain maintenance for all types of Mc, especially our T135. Im very sure that you all are not happy when it rains and the sandy effect of your roller chain is kinda irritating , right? so first thing you should do is purchase a power Steering Oil in Auto Supply, 1Lt=P100. Red Gallon. 2nd , clean your roller chain with MATT(basahan) ,kerosene to remove thick oil with sand, then after that , matt again the whole chain until it dries. Then apply the Power steering oil (exact amout can do) ,like you does with your old Oil.. Hope This is the start of your silent running chain, i suggest that you maintain it regularly.. Ride safe to All. God bless brothers...:)

se7en

Super Veteran
some pics, for reference..;)

bro, the problem of lubricating your chains is with the excess from the lubricant. it is so annoying seing it splashed all over your mags or sometimes even the engine covers. eventhough i thoroughly cleaned it with MATT. the same nasty problem heheh

jcm1130

Super Veteran
bro, the problem of lubricating your chains is with the excess from the lubricant. it is so annoying seing it splashed all over your mags or sometimes even the engine covers. eventhough i thoroughly cleaned it with MATT. the same nasty problem heheh
agree.. try to use a empty bottle of a singer oil which has a nozzle.. then patiently put a drop in every roller of the chain.. don't pour to much oil.. see the result.. it will not spill over to the mags and swing arm.. done this.. :thumbsup:

Jonmitchell

Super Veteran
bro actually base on my experience upon using these oil, no more mess at all, just before applying it , clean the chain with matt, after that apply only about maximum of 25ml, apply it also with matt ,sideways,up and down. thats it , its very efective no more spilling and splashing, dont spill it to much, just exact.

Jonmitchell

Super Veteran
agree.. try to use a empty bottle of a singer oil which has a nozzle.. then patiently put a drop in every roller of the chain.. don't pour to much oil.. see the result.. it will not spill over to the mags and swing arm.. done this.. :thumbsup:
yes thats right bro

jcm1130

Super Veteran
in addition, i did not remove the chain case so that limited water and dirt will be expose to the chain specially in rainy seasons..

raksta

Super Veteran
:) nice one!! good also if you will clean your chain and sprocket with dish washing liquid (joy)plus kerosene, water and a toobrush... put it in a sprayer used in spraying small plants ( the one that you will press and will create pressure inside) ... after cleaning it you can see that its as good as new then put your desired oil... if you prefer steering oil( i used this during rainy season) singer oil-( used in sewing machines)..(i used this during summer) dont forget to wipe the extra oil that drips! ;)