• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Shell Ultra 10-40w Fully Synthetic

buko0

Veteran
Sirs, just want to ask if shell ax5 is any good?
im planning to use it for my 1st change oil, somebody recommended it to me.
TIA. :)

bhek_21

Super Veteran
I would recommend that you switch to your desired oil after your break-in period..;)
For fully synthetic engine oil, I use it for and interval of 2.5km odo or every 3 months which comes first..
During this period, I also change my oil filter..
We should give the best engine oil for our beloved bikes because their life and performance depends in this..

I've been using Shell Advance Ultra S 10W-40 Fully synthetic ever since.. in my Shogun Pro, Mio Sporty, etc.. So far It gives the performance I've been looking for compared to a mineral based oils..

But unfortunately, I use Castrol Power 1 fully synthetic on my Sniper MX..:D
The bottom line is.. FULLY SYNTHETIC..:thumbsup:

I'll be using MOTUL or ELF campione on my next change oil..;)
Note: Castrol Power 1 FS is quite pricey.. hehehe

fully synthetic should be used after your break in period or your cylinder wall would be glazed. I drained the original oil when i got home since i find it too thin and i think it is fully synthetic. I poured in Yamalube, got a 100km run to Antipolo. Drained it again, used Yamalube again, drained it @ 600km and used Repsol Mineral Oil, Drained it @ 1200 and used Repsol Mineral Oil @ 1800 then Fully Synthetic (Putoline) afterwards. Running @ 130KM/HR. :)

AX7 is much better than yamalube, I just tried to use Putoline and is similar in performance with Shell Ultra Fully Synthetic at a higher price. Ill switch to shell since it is way cheaper. :)

stacynlheslloyd

fully synthetic should be used after your break in period or your cylinder wall would be glazed. I drained the original oil when i got home since i find it too thin and i think it is fully synthetic. I poured in Yamalube, got a 100km run to Antipolo. Drained it again, used Yamalube again, drained it @ 600km and used Repsol Mineral Oil, Drained it @ 1200 and used Repsol Mineral Oil @ 1800 then Fully Synthetic (Putoline) afterwards. Running @ 130KM/HR. :)

AX7 is much better than yamalube, I just tried to use Putoline and is similar in performance with Shell Ultra Fully Synthetic at a higher price. Ill switch to shell since it is way cheaper. :)
is your sniper mx on stock set-up? 130kmh just by using synthetic oil? kakainggit! my highest top speed on my mx is only 118kmh on a 14/40 combi, rest all stock. maybe its time for me to shift to synthetic oil and test for top speed again. drive safe!

Sir,

nag 130KPH ako using UMA Digital Speedometer. around 122km/hr on GPS. Used break in method by motoman which is used by Sir Traxxis.

Engine, exhaust and Sprocket all stock
changed tires to 90/80 rear, 80/80 front FDR Sports XR Evo. Removed the tube (interior) and my rear wheel is almost 2kgs lighter. I believe the hard break in and lightening of the rear wheel contributes a lot. I am also using RB footrest v4. I all weighed the tires and rearset and a saved 5kgs. My weight is 60kgs.

Imagine your rear wheel is 2kgs lighter multiplied several thousand times.

I was just having 120kph using stock tires and mineral oil. :)

Planning to reduce 5-10kg of my weight and who knows i can reach 130kph on GPS all stock. :)