• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Saigon-hcmc-parts Stores

tabi1

Super Veteran
Hello,

We will be in HCMC, this upcoming weekend and am wondering if someone can recommend a good parts store for the Exciter/Sniper.

TIA

one.one.six

Veteran
I'm not sure about Ho Chi Minh, but my friend who is a seafarer happened to be in Da Nang once and told me that parts for Sniper (Exciter in Nam) are everywhere. But Da Nang is too far from Saigon/HCM.

tabi1

Super Veteran
I'm not sure about Ho Chi Minh, but my friend who is a seafarer happened to be in Da Nang once and told me that parts for Sniper (Exciter in Nam) are everywhere. But Da Nang is too far from Saigon/HCM.
Roger that, its about 500km from HCMC, but I think Saigon is biker friendly :D, so hope to come across something unique but who knows.

MickO_HCMC

Depends what your looking for there are so many small shops, some have the same parts as each other and some will have unique stuff, but if you want a complete oil cooler kit made in Vietnam by KTL tecnic (check on Facebook for details), he is on Ky Con Street, its very central and there is a lot of bike repair and tuning shops on the same street, the prices of imported stuff is pretty high though so may not be worth it?

tabi1

Super Veteran
Depends what your looking for there are so many small shops, some have the same parts as each other and some will have unique stuff, but if you want a complete oil cooler kit made in Vietnam by KTL tecnic (check on Facebook for details), he is on Ky Con Street, its very central and there is a lot of bike repair and tuning shops on the same street, the prices of imported stuff is pretty high though so may not be worth it?
@mick - Thanks, yes an oil cooler would be good,,,, really wanting to see if anything really unique is available there versus the Philippines.

tabi1

Super Veteran
I am here now, seeing lots of exciters on-the-go streets but seem all stock too. Hoping to see some molded bikes and bike shops.

tabi1

Super Veteran
heheheh...no problem bro...your effort is appreciated...but i have an alternative RS option now bro..=D

This one....View attachment 31056
Good deal, that's a different setup, what is it?

Actually Saigon was very disappointing in the level of mods that I saw. Saw tons of "exciter's" all over the city but only a couple that had any mods that I could see. Bikes seemed to be stock all over the city, never even saw any with a good pipe on them. A city of 6.5 million motorcycles though with aftermarket pipes would be rough though, lol. There may be even stricter laws than the BS laws in some cities here in the Philippines which is why i didnt see any bikes with aftermarket exhuast.