Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vietnam

• Philipines

• Total voters

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Some places are better than others, some aren't and some are just the same.

Regarding road conditions, who knows which country has the best roads where you can travel at 170 kms/hr without getting your eating concrete from a big hole in the road:

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
most of the roads here suck. we have a nice hiway, but motorcycles aren't aloud on it unless you have 400cc and above. what really sucks, the speed on the hwy is 80 to 100 klm, I can do that on most of the side streets around here, if the police pull you over, they can't really do much, most of the streets aren't marked with speed limit signs. some times i love this country, other times it's truly F***KED UP!

But thats just my two cents, ride safe guys

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Yeah you should go to India and try riding there!

HOLY PISTON RINGS BATMAN!

Thailand is quite bad as well, except the city of Hua Hin which is between Bangkok and Phuket. Nice place and good roads, as that is the safe haven for the monarch. Beautiful roads!

donn77

It's actually a combination of both... The highways here are relatively potholes-free as they're quite well maintained, maybe that's the reason they keep increasing the toll rate :D

On the other hand city roads are bad, u'll need to watch out for potholes, and even on newly resurfaced roads, keep an eye on those sunken manhole covers...

And yeah, we do have our fair share of crazy motorheads, in fact it's becoming a national concern at the moment... even the police sometimes steered clear of these people... I guess it's all come down to youthfulness :D

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Yeah I missed out Singapore....but we all know how wonderful Singaporean roads are already, any members here care to explain the road conditions in Singapore?

bikey

I think It's just that Singapore is kind of a small place, so less road to maintain, so less costly as compared to many other bigger countries.

Just my 2 cents worth.
I'm from Singapore.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Hi bikey. Sorry I could not put Singapore on the list. Reason was because I had already typed in Singapore, but I did not know you had to add an extra poll option 'blank' to use the last one.

Singapore is also on the list for those who want to mention road conditions there.

bikey isn't Singapore's road conditions pretty good and well maintained? I've heard it's a wonderful place to go riding.

clicked

i beg for difference,that becos sg government imposed road tax...using it to do maintainance and construction of roads etc...
thats y we have nice roads....else the government office will b flooded with compliant from the rd users... haha

bikey

Hi MioBikerBoyz, yes, Singapore roads are really good and well maintained almost all over the country - I have riden to many outskirt places in Singapore.

But can't beat the fantastic & vast scenic views of Thailand.

I agree with Clicked that we do pay road tax to the Singapore government, but then again, isn't every country the same? I appreciate that what we pay as road tax is seen in tangible terms in the well maintenance and constant improvement of our roads.

Still being small does have its privileges. It takes real quick to get to places in Singapore.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
You are right about that bikey. Singapore roads are the best but compared to Thai road conditions, Thailand is terrible! But you get to travel like you said around a great scenic and cool atmosphere. I've been touring before here to a few different parts of Thailand and it was amazing!

Infact, I will be on a route to Cambodia on the 12th with a buddy who rides a Suzuki Bandit. It should be fun!

rooster

Super Veteran
MioBikerBoyz said:
You are right about that bikey. Singapore roads are the best but compared to Thai road conditions, Thailand is terrible! But you get to travel like you said around a great scenic and cool atmosphere. I've been touring before here to a few different parts of Thailand and it was amazing!

Infact, I will be on a route to Cambodia on the 12th with a buddy who rides a Suzuki Bandit. It should be fun!
wow thats today dude..hows kambodia??..they say theres a lot of landmines there :p ..watch your balls out bro... :lol: