• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Removing Base Gasket On Stock Bore???

SJLUsniper

Super Veteran
-- what's the advantage?? .....of removing base gasket on stock bore.....(what does it exactly improves?)

-- and disadvantage?? .....of removing base gasket on stock bore.....

hoping for ur reply mga master...

manofsteel27

Veteran
i tried this modes already in my bike..i got a stock bore..
result: a change in compression ++++
with regards to your query on hard starting..base on my experience it has no effect at all..

jejerome_135

Veteran
i tried this modes already in my bike..i got a stock bore..
result: a change in compression ++++
with regards to your query on hard starting..base on my experience it has no effect at all..
even on my mod, i have 60,, bore and high comp but still the e sarter works, but not like the stock engine that when you push the start it runs smoothly and starts the engine, mine is struggling a bit but then it does the job. :thumbsup:

jejerome_135

Veteran
how about kawahara k1 cam it will hard starting?
on stock bore it does not matter what cams, on modified engines 60mm up that is when it matters, i don't know the kawahara k1 cams, but as long as there is a decompression pin and the assembly e-starter can be used.

sniperyaz

Super Veteran
on stock bore it does not matter what cams, on modified engines 60mm up that is when it matters, i don't know the kawahara k1 cams, but as long as there is a decompression pin and the assembly e-starter can be used.
in kawahara cam k1 there is no decompression pin because the hole of kawahara although it has a hole but not that deep like stock cams someone told here there is a way to put the decompression pin if you drill the cams <kawahara> to fit the decompression pin.. i dont know if they tried already to said cams. sorry for my bad english <nosebleed>:eek:

botsok

Super Veteran
k1 user here. as long as your battery is in good condition, you dont have to worry about the e-starting.. there are just some times that you the "iiik-iiikk" sound but it will eventually start your engine..

i dont think ordinary drilling a hole for comp pin in cams is good.. just an opinion, you will disturb the metal properties and composition of the cam.. because drilling will generate heat and might weaken the metal.. special kind of drilling maybe.. just an opinion..

SaM03

Super Veteran
mine i remove the base gasket and i put the head gasket...

medyo high comp xa... at tipid gas :D