• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

New Tricks for Standard CDI

suiluj

Super Veteran
dunno exactly the number.. you can ask odie perry and alan dayonan in our club sniper mx phils.. they already used that set..

can this TPS tips applicable to 28mm carb but stock cdi? would the fan can work properly? how bout if you have a 28mm carb and a brt CDI? what will happen to the TPS? and to the Fan? any inputs?

BigBird

Super Veteran
THE CABLE that connects to the 2nd gear was meant to prevent hiccups when you close the throttle suddenly, this info was told by authorized YAMAHA mechanic, this was implemented in the 2nd gear because usually you stop and go frequently on that gear position

one more thing, the standard CDI has 39 (!) ignition mapping controlled by the TPS sensor, so the correct mapping will boost your engine power and vice versa.

the standard setting from the factory limits your engine rev up to 8000 rpm, if the TPS adjusted to 0,6 - 0,7 V (0,5V is the standard) the engine can rev up to 9600 rpm max.

And the only way to adjust the TPS is to?

untighten the TPS screw, plus a multimeter set to DC Voltage (V), plug the positive to the blue wire, the negative to the yellow wire (use a needle clamped with an alligator clamp from the multimeter). While you're still doing this move the TPS clockwise and see the reading on your multimeter
:thumbsup:

unin

you are right.I have a mistake on the picture, cut out the pink wire and then connect it to a switch before ground it ( the first 1 is right).

Would it mean that if I cut the pink wire, it will always stay on the boster status?
TIA:)

martverick

this is a very good tip i think if to be applied. a sniper mx owner here. we used to try this tip with a good friend of mine who also suggested this same trick and Tried this tip on his Sniper R (yes it woked well), so we also attempted to go on my unit. but as we go through on our plan, SMX and Sniper R has a different diagram on its CDI and its wiring (if that's the term). it was quite dissapointing that we havent applied it on the smx, but i guess with the help of you great guys here, who happens to have more knowledge. can i ask for an alternative on how to apply this same trick to SMX.??? tnx

unin

I have tried this trick already on my SMX. Based on the diagram of stock CDI, the pin 2 is for the 2nd gear(which is not used on SMX). I connected a wire on the 2nd pin from the CDI and tapped it to ground. Then I test run my bike. It doesn't do anything but limits the 2nd gear shortly. Can someone please advise on us with regards to this mods?
TIA. Ride safe masters..

ESOJ de GUZMAN JR

Super Veteran
I have tried this trick already on my SMX. Based on the diagram of stock CDI, the pin 2 is for the 2nd gear(which is not used on SMX). I connected a wire on the 2nd pin from the CDI and tapped it to ground. Then I test run my bike. It doesn't do anything but limits the 2nd gear shortly. Can someone please advise on us with regards to this mods?
TIA. Ride safe masters..
better buy a rcdi. keep the stock cdi for emergency purpose. never do a trick that not necessary to do to your stock. if something wrong connection, either your motorcycle cables, or your engine get busted.

Dropper

Veteran
tried this adjustment last morning. Before 0.43v, I set it to 0.73v then test my bike... seems 8k rpm and 9.6k rpm just a little plus difference of 1.6k rpm that I myself cannot feel becoz my shifting limit on evrey gear is somewhat like thesame. Anyone here tried above 0.73v adjustment? please make inputs on pros and cons if above 0.73v....like 0.8v or 0.9v an so on :D

Zy Tan8199

THE CABLE that connects to the 2nd gear was meant to prevent hiccups when you close the throttle suddenly, this info was told by authorized YAMAHA mechanic, this was implemented in the 2nd gear because usually you stop and go frequently on that gear position

one more thing, the standard CDI has 39 (!) ignition mapping controlled by the TPS sensor, so the correct mapping will boost your engine power and vice versa.

the standard setting from the factory limits your engine rev up to 8000 rpm, if the TPS adjusted to 0,6 - 0,7 V (0,5V is the standard) the engine can rev up to 9600 rpm max.

And the only way to adjust the TPS is to?

untighten the TPS screw, plus a multimeter set to DC Voltage (V), plug the positive to the blue wire, the negative to the yellow wire (use a needle clamped with an alligator clamp from the multimeter). While you're still doing this move the TPS clockwise and see the reading on your multimeter
Hi, may i know if this applies the same way to t135 v2 year 2011?