• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

New Tricks for Standard CDI

Azzurri

THE CABLE that connects to the 2nd gear was meant to prevent hiccups when you close the throttle suddenly, this info was told by authorized YAMAHA mechanic, this was implemented in the 2nd gear because usually you stop and go frequently on that gear position

one more thing, the standard CDI has 39 (!) ignition mapping controlled by the TPS sensor, so the correct mapping will boost your engine power and vice versa.

the standard setting from the factory limits your engine rev up to 8000 rpm, if the TPS adjusted to 0,6 - 0,7 V (0,5V is the standard) the engine can rev up to 9600 rpm max.

And the only way to adjust the TPS is to?

untighten the TPS screw, plus a multimeter set to DC Voltage (V), plug the positive to the blue wire, the negative to the yellow wire (use a needle clamped with an alligator clamp from the multimeter). While you're still doing this move the TPS clockwise and see the reading on your multimeter

G

goff_d_p35

Paradox, care to show some pic's on how it's done?? I have never opened my stock cdi. so i don't really know what to look for.

haen

Super Veteran
@goff : look for the PINK wire on the stock CDI goff.. tats the gear 2 shift sensor cable.. in here some mod it by making it active and combine it with a tri mode switch.. so whenever u want to use normal mode just click and you're good to go..

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
nice info paradox!

some have difficulty untightening the tps screw because
the chassis body hinders the screw directly.

but you can still untighten it using a good long straight screw driver...

G

goff_d_p35

yeah, i guess i'm the stupid one, i don't understand enough to do it myself.

G

goff_d_p35

" from para, untighten the TPS screw, plus a multimeter set to DC Voltage (V), plug the positive to the blue wire, the negative to the yellow wire (use a needle clamped with an alligator clamp from the multimeter). While you're still doing this move the TPS clockwise and see the reading on your multimeter"

" from Haen, look for the PINK wire on the stock CDI goff.. tats the gear 2 shift sensor cable.. in here some mod it by making it active and combine it with a tri mode switch.. so whenever u want to use normal mode just click and you're good to go.."

this is the confusing part. you guys are talking about three different wires. and i don't exactly know how or what to do.

charge

Veteran
Last time I measure the resistance only (input voltage into CDI is increased when resistance increased). When pushing the TPS anti-clockwise (downwards), the resistance increased, and pushing it clockwise decrease the resistance. I am able to get better low-rpm response by turning it anti-clockwise. btw, I am using BRT Dual Band. Not sure if the stock CDI behaves similarly.

G

goff_d_p35

" he standard setting from the factory limits your engine rev up to 8000 rpm, if the TPS adjusted to 0,6 - 0,7 V (0,5V is the standard) the engine can rev up to 9600 rpm max. "

bro, i just tried to do this with my tps screw, it doesn't go up to to 0.7V the highest i can adjust the tps is to 0.43, it won't even go to 0.5 at the highest point of lifting the tps clock wise to get the higher value. if i go counter clockwise, then the value goes below 0.39.

eather something is wrong. or i just don't know what the hell you explained. but your tip is not working for my tps.

Azzurri

To the RESPECTED Bro Goff, refer to the manual carefully, there is NO PINK WIRES here. MOVE the TPS, NOT the screw. The screw for tightening the TPS so it secure at desire angle. Okay?

Attachments

G

goff_d_p35

haen mentioned the pink wire, i was just asking what to do with that? anything? or nothing?? I am using a digital multimeter. i followed the instructions for that in the service man. but still the value doesn't even go to 0.5 so what should i do?

Azzurri

i guess theres must be something wrong with your bike, bdway u got the cut-off problem dont u? okay, lets wait for others comment..ill post pic, after got my bike from service center
theres nothing to with the pink wire.

G

goff_d_p35

i think i fixed the cut off problem, the fuse holder pin was falling out of the holder