• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

New Tricks for Standard CDI

kojack

Super Veteran
bro,the new snipe did not have the pinky wire..can i connect a new wire to the cdi plug no 3 and then connect it to the snipe body frame? will it make any different?
skip the pinky wire and go for the the tps degree adjustment...:D these are only minor tricks we can DIY on our mc but theres not gonna be any dramatic changes really. lets start saving some money and buy those big bore kit :thumbsup::cloud9:

Kyo Irul

skip the pinky wire and go for the the tps degree adjustment...:D these are only minor tricks we can DIY on our mc but theres not gonna be any dramatic changes really. lets start saving some money and buy those big bore kit :thumbsup::cloud9:
Agree :D .. bigger bore = more power + speed = more money!:p

chuxkey

cdi mio dont have a detect fan..its only use for drag racing...i dont do it.just only expert told me like that.how about u.??can use for daily use.plug and play cdi mio or need more modification..??

chuxkey

my friend use direct fan almost 3 4years...there nothing mistake from his bike..but not stoke bike.my friend use blok head fz150i only..cdi rextor..how about it..??and one thing.i want ask cdi rextor have a clone one ??im from malaysia.orignal rextor rm800-900.rextor at shop only rm250-300...how about that...im so confious.tht i know only cdi brt hve the clone one..

kojack

Super Veteran
it's safe to adjust the TPS voltage bro @prosper, i've also done it. use multimeter of course to get the proper reading, it would increase the rpm around 9600rpm... the stock valve spring max is around 10500rpm...

nadelapena

Sniper MX all stock.. is the stock valve spring really has max 10500 RPM?... is this also applicable to the new Sniper MX/LC5s(5 speed) regarding the TPS adjustment? have any one try this to their motorbike? please share what you have done..

any comment is greatly appreciated.

suiluj

Super Veteran
@nadelapena AFAIK. it has 8.5 - 9k RPM on stock cdi . using RCDI to a stock valve spring will cause valve float. use RCDI and change Valve spring less hassle than modifying your wiring.

nadelapena

@suiluj Thank you very much for nice info.... if i modify my bike with a minimal modification like RCDI, Valve spring? should i still replace the Carb? or just rejet it?
also is this would achieve my goal to have 10000-10500 RPM..

Last edited:

kojack

Super Veteran
skip the TPS adjustment bro if you gonna replace the CDI.. just dont set it higher than 10000rpm for stock valve spring to avoid the valve float. with aftermarket valve spring you can go higher on the rpm....

suiluj

Super Veteran
@suiluj Thank you very much for nice info.... if i modify my bike with a minimal modification like RCDI, Valve spring? should i still replace the Carb? or just rejet it?
also is this would achieve my goal to have 10000-10500 RPM..
its up to you bro if you want to use big carb.. rejeting your stock carb will do... but the problem is. jettings for stock carb are hard to find. changing valve spring and rcdi doesnt have limit anymore to your engine. it can be more than 10k rpm. but be aware for over reving you engine bro.

nadelapena

before i forgot @suiluj may i know what is the specific number of the jetting for the stock carb depending on my minimal setup( RCDI, possible vixion valve spring.