• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

New Tricks for Standard CDI

alvill

:idea: i have an idea, how bout if the pink cable try to connect with relay where's that relay use 3 connector or 2switch that can be choose with no and nc which the nc will be connect to gear2 and no will connect to gear4 and the center of the switch will be connect with the ping wire cdi.
and as the result by automatically the booster RPM at gear 2 will be use in gear 4 also

is there anyone knows what is the maximum RPM at gear2? :shock:
Why not try to look for a miniture toggle or push switch which has both NO and NC function at the same time. From Telemecanique, Allen-Bradley, Honeywell or OMRON Brand Name. If your going to use a relay, you will still need a switch to energize/de-energized your relay for its switching operation.

DeViLsToRm

i prefer schematic B

because it has an option to switch to stock setting
and switch to always grounded setting
I ddn't see any pink wire refered here in my sniper mx?
I wanted to try this tips but surPricingly i did not find any pink wire on my bike.
Any advice on this?is there something wrong with my wiring?

z_ride13

for me i just leave a cut on the pink wire revealing the copper wires inside. then i connect another wire from the chasis (ground) to the pink wire. It really ads up acceleration,but the 2nd gear is always lights up... 2 + 1 gear lights ups and so on...:)

Kyo Irul

LCputih5speed..pls review start from page 1. Try to understand, where the tps location and how to adjust it. It's very simple :)

LCputih5speed

THE CABLE that connects to the 2nd gear was meant to prevent hiccups when you close the throttle suddenly, this info was told by authorized YAMAHA mechanic, this was implemented in the 2nd gear because usually you stop and go frequently on that gear position

one more thing, the standard CDI has 39 (!) ignition mapping controlled by the TPS sensor, so the correct mapping will boost your engine power and vice versa.

the standard setting from the factory limits your engine rev up to 8000 rpm, if the TPS adjusted to 0,6 - 0,7 V (0,5V is the standard) the engine can rev up to 9600 rpm max.

And the only way to adjust the TPS is to?

untighten the TPS screw, plus a multimeter set to DC Voltage (V), plug the positive to the blue wire, the negative to the yellow wire (use a needle clamped with an alligator clamp from the multimeter). While you're still doing this move the TPS clockwise and see the reading on your multimeter
which one??? on CDI cable or TPS cable?

Kyo Irul

TPS cable. Use a volt meter to check at cable which showing 0.5v. Then slowly adjusted the TPS clockwise. The meter will showing the reading increase. Tuned it to 0.6 - 0.7v, then tightened back the TPS screw. Then u r done..

kojack

Super Veteran
TPS cable. Use a volt meter to check at cable which showing 0.5v. Then slowly adjusted the TPS clockwise. The meter will showing the reading increase. Tuned it to 0.6 - 0.7v, then tightened back the TPS screw. Then u r done..
did you had a hard time loosening the TPS screw. i don't have much an angle to turn it with the screw driver.. still not able to adjust my TPS :oops:

LCputih5speed

hahah,i use voltmeter on cdi cable,no wonder la the reading looking suspicios..thanks bro..i wil adjust again..

LCputih5speed

did you had a hard time loosening the TPS screw. i don't have much an angle to turn it with the screw driver.. still not able to adjust my TPS :oops:
i open all left side coverset..take torchlight,then pointing on carb. u will see the tps coloured black..half naked..

kojack

Super Veteran
sniper 5speed did not have the pink wire..the old sniper does have it..any other way?
yes the lc5speed or the newer v2 4 gear lc does not have the pink wires. the old version v1 have the pink wire coming out from the back socket, the carburator and tps on the newer version is also different than the old ones :D keep us updated wit ur mods kay:thumbsup: . the tps screw on my lc is so tight that i chip the top of the screw a bit when trying to loosen the screw..:oops:

Kyo Irul

I'm using a long screw driver, then knock on the back of screw driver and twist to open. It's like using an impact driver. This how i open the TPS screw. You may try it, good luck :thumbsup:

LCputih5speed

yes the lc5speed or the newer v2 4 gear lc does not have the pink wires. the old version v1 have the pink wire coming out from the back socket, the carburator and tps on the newer version is also different than the old ones :D keep us updated wit ur mods kay:thumbsup: . the tps screw on my lc is so tight that i chip the top of the screw a bit when trying to loosen the screw..:oops:
bro,the new snipe did not have the pinky wire..can i connect a new wire to the cdi plug no 3 and then connect it to the snipe body frame? will it make any different?