• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

New Tricks for Standard CDI

Kyo Irul

its still has no effect, my friend try this... he just ground the pink wire from cdi... still it has a limiter,,,
Hi SaM03,
Ground the pink wire will not effect your limiter, it's just for booster only... that's what i'm understand from previous post lo...

SaM03

Super Veteran
Hi ,
Just share my experience, had done my TPS adjustment - done setting at 0.77v (before 0.54v) to my 135LC version 2 (Super Sport).
Effect - fuel consumption are more efficient and save $$ too... feel the the acceleration increase but Top speed at the same.

Next Step - the pink wire to ground
bro how did make ur TPS 0.77 witch switch do i adjust in the carb? if u have some picture can u post it thanks...

skyrocket

Super Veteran
greetings evry1.i'm using cdi Brt powermax dualband..it does n0t support Tps right?its hard to tune the stock carb using this cdi.any ideas?

Dragaddik

Mga sir...pix nman jan hirap kasi intindihin f all words lng,actions speak louder than word dba?also in TPS setting sir

CLYDE

Super Veteran
Grounding the pink wire and adjusting the TPS is pretty simple to understand even without pictures. What i can suggest is retain the pink wire and factory tps setting if your engine is all stock. Just buy rextor or BRT if you want better powerband at all gears, no headaches :)

CLYDE

Super Veteran
BRT hyperband/powermax or rextor cdi. I have use both, rextor works best on stock carb (supports 3d timing and TPS), BRT best for big carbs and has Automatic Low Voltage Protection and Anti-kickback protection:)

Samboy Del Rosario

Super Veteran
BRT hyperband/powermax or rextor cdi. I have use both, rextor works best on stock carb (supports 3d timing and TPS), BRT best for big carbs and has Automatic Low Voltage Protection and Anti-kickback protection:)
sir what kind of BRT? dualband powermax or hyperband?

ronald031803

Super Veteran
hyperband and dual band iisa lang performance. I choose hyperband because its cheaper and is always in racing mode (without limiter)
what about the cooling fan on radiator,,,dyou think its supported by hyperband rcdi,in terms of overheating?

wak jul

THE CABLE that connects to the 2nd gear was meant to prevent hiccups when you close the throttle suddenly, this info was told by authorized YAMAHA mechanic, this was implemented in the 2nd gear because usually you stop and go frequently on that gear position

one more thing, the standard CDI has 39 (!) ignition mapping controlled by the TPS sensor, so the correct mapping will boost your engine power and vice versa.

the standard setting from the factory limits your engine rev up to 8000 rpm, if the TPS adjusted to 0,6 - 0,7 V (0,5V is the standard) the engine can rev up to 9600 rpm max.

And the only way to adjust the TPS is to?

untighten the TPS screw, plus a multimeter set to DC Voltage (V), plug the positive to the blue wire, the negative to the yellow wire (use a needle clamped with an alligator clamp from the multimeter). While you're still doing this move the TPS clockwise and see the reading on your multimeter
it's possible for cdi racing..??