• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Lower your front shocks!

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Yeah yeah I know, this is similar to my other thread "Lower your shocks"!

I just wanna know how would the bike handle if you lowered your front stock shocks? I had changed the fork brace which is the backbone for your shocks and lowered the front by an inch.

Reason for doing this is because the ass is so high but the front is still quite high. Not good for your spine! I also do this to check out the endo capability, if its easier or not and I've found out it is easier to nose wheelie this way, but the stock shocks are too soft so harder shocks better?

CarroTT

Super Veteran
i oni lowered mine a tiny bit, less than 1cm
just becoz my front tyre is very high profile, it feels weird with a high front

1 inch ? :shock:

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Let's see I have onlye 1 choice here. Gazie inverted shocks and standard Gazi fronts. That's all Thailand has to offer at the moment for this bike unfortunately :(

CarroTT

Super Veteran
the gazi shocks looks real good
looks thick and strong

but will it leak like other brands ?
usually these inverted forks will leak

khai2717

i lowered my stock fork..down by 1.5inch.. and had to change the shock fluid.. changed it to a thicker 1.. so now my shocks r stiff.. abit too stiff actually.. but anyting for the look.. hehe..

khai2717

hmm.. the brace, the part where the brace holds the fork, the mechanic grind the inner part so that the fork could be positioned lower.. then he lowered it, he added a different shock oil, one that is thicker then the original.. n voila.. i'd still like to go lower actually.. cos i dont understand y my spark dont look as good as others here in singapore.. maybe i should raise the rear shock..

rooster

Super Veteran
ouw..that method..i.c...
that method is..down here in indonesia is the fastest n most affordable also most commonly used way to lower your front shocks...but there's a down side of this..
it can mess up your radiator when you hit a bump or a pot hole too fast..but i can see that you had change the oil viscosity...so it shouldnt be any problem except for a bit sore palms and shoulder..right?? :wink:
but no worries some say the thicker your shock oil the more stability you'll get on high speed runs..

khai2717

not to mention certain trauma.. haha.. when i 1st ride the new shocks thru a pot hole, i tot i busted it.. hahahaha... but i got used to it now.. by slowing down when approaching a hump, or evading potholes.. next on the list, rear disk, new rims...

rooster

Super Veteran
yeah..and the good side of it is..you got more aware of what lies in front of you now isn't it??..
coz of the low front shocks you got now... :D

khai2717

come to think of it.. yah dats true.. hehe.. slightly better vision.. plus i changed the side view mirrors to the limited edition ones.. better view.. with the stock mirrors, my fiends call them mickey mouse.. sticks oout ugly..

rooster

Super Veteran
no problems with the police there when you do that??..change the mirror to a smaller one...???
you should see mine dude...

khai2717

here in singapore, as long as u have the right mirror, its ok.. 4 me, i'm still a new rider, so i still need them both.. for the so called rempits in s'pore who dont wana get caught by the traffic police, they install tiny ones on the right..for the hardcore rempits, they dont have any... its scarry when i cant see the rear.. wonder how they do it..