• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Loud Pipe restrictions

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
i don't really want the pipe there. ya it would look good, but then i can't put the DBS on, i would have to use stainless type and i don't really care for the extra weight.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
You bro. Is loud exhaust pipe sounds allowed in the Philipines? DBS will give you a really loud sound, especially the bike being 135cc. My Mio used to boom like a jet and cops would always have a word to say to me, plus a ticket for loud sound from the exhaust, which is not fair because you look at the big bikes like choppers for example, they deafen the whole block!

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
no, there is no law about loud bikes. it is ok for me to have the DBS exaust. i just can't afford it at the moment. i have to wait till july or august. i won't be able to do any more mod's till then.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Damn thats not fair! I like the Philipines! Thailand has this law that if you install loud exhaust pipes on regular road commuter bikes, They will generally give you a fine, although some provinces much rather tow your bike away and auction it off or coppers keep the bike and key and they sell the parts or keep it for their own personal use.

e3_1990

Veteran
yo mio, as i know in malaysia, if you change ur stock muffler to a chamber or racing muffler(anyway its not stock brand)...the cops will be attracted to bust you and want some bribery(or call kopi duit)...or give you ticket(which called saman)...i know coz before my friend ride his yamaha sr-v 100 which fitted with chamber exhaust...the cops in car saw him n on the siren immidiately 2 down him for "kopi-duit"....

rooster

Super Veteran
MioBikerBoyz said:
What about Malaysia and Indonesia? Any sound restrictions there?
no mio indonesia still have no restrictions on loud pipes..no in my city aniway...you should see my pipe...
it's almost half af the stock pipe...
not to mention its free flow...just imagine how it sounds... :D :D :D

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Yeah I saw your pipe rooster. It is pretty short isn't it? Looks nice. Well in Thailand the cops might chase you if they catch your heavy bass fart sound from the chamber straight through exhausts. Like I said they might but on a 100 to 1 note, they won't give a shit because they are so lazy like dog shit on the floor. Unless you commit a felony then they will run you to the ground.

But back to the topic, I want to ask goff about your number plate. Doesn't it look funny there on the tailpipe cover?

panda

i used ahm exhaust but never been caught before....
i think its ok here in malaysia...
because i used to ride my bike everywhere...
to KL (kuala lumpur) the city....
also been throught road blocks...
but the cops never bug me also...
the sound also pretty loud.... :lol:

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
New rules huh? I see Indonesia is also trying to restrict this rule but for what I don't know. It doesn't harm anyone does it? Know who is to blame for the noise restriction?

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
at the most the noise restrictions shoulny be 100dbs, your eair drum will blow at 118db, my air horn on my truck is rated for 110db's. if the restriction is less than that than it's a political thing and pointless.

just my 2cents

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Yeah I remember you saying something about politicians screwing things up...but motorcycle and car exhausts have nothing to get involved regarding politics.

In Thailand its the same but from the communities point of view, loud exhausts disturb the peace. What really does disturb the peace are 2 stroker hair dryer rempit people who cause the most noise.

just my 1 dollar. :D Which tops your 2 cents :D:D hehehe

e3_1990

Veteran
how much you bought tat ahm muffler? im plannin 2 use it with a silencer...high performance with low noise... :x

135lc bikers

e3_1990 said:
how much you bought tat ahm muffler? im plannin 2 use it with a silencer...high performance with low noise... :x
i bought it at rm166..
1 inch pipe all the way from the block until the chamber...
good pick up but the same as original at back end..