• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Led Lightning Question!?!?

Denver Acuna

Hi Im just new here!!! Im using LED headlight on my mio and I followed a diagram that I read here on one of the forums/thread where you need to cut the yellow wire on the rectifier to make it fast charging I just did it today and it actually works my push start works and it really charges my battery.. my question is since the thread Ive followed all of them uses HID and mine is just LED on this kind of wiring will it overcharged or damaged my battery? thanks!!!!!

what kind of led ligth do you use? if you are using a single bulb led i dont you need to use fast charging rectifier.. led ligth is a low power.. i use led ligth, and i dont use fast charging rectifier

Denver Acuna

what kind of led ligth do you use? if you are using a single bulb led i dont you need to use fast charging rectifier.. led ligth is a low power.. i use led ligth, and i dont use fast charging rectifier
it has high and low so i think its dual it is made by option 1.. I use the fast charging rectifier since my battery gets low when I installed this headlight on my mio even if i tried to charge my battery after using my head light for just one night going to work only next day I cant use my electric start and my battery is even brand new....

really.. mine has high and low too.. it has 2 led light , in high beam 2 led turn on, all of my bulb is directly connected to the battery, speedometer, park ligth etc, but i never experience too drain my battery, maybe your stock
rectifier is the problem.. sometimes the problem is the ground of your battery.. if the screw is not tight enough the supply will be low

Denver Acuna

really.. mine has high and low too.. it has 2 led light , in high beam 2 led turn on, all of my bulb is directly connected to the battery, speedometer, park ligth etc, but i never experience too drain my battery, maybe your stock
rectifier is the problem.. sometimes the problem is the ground of your battery.. if the screw is not tight enough the supply will be low
ah okay I see... when you say directly connected did you changed the wirings on you bike bec mine has not been changed as well with the LED bec before Ive used HID and it is directly connected to the battery now with the LED headlight it has been installed just on the head only nothing has been removed or has been changed on other portions unlike with the HID some wires has been connected to the battery directly... Im sorry if I alwasy reply too late... but thanks... Im actually just doing it here in the office... no net in our house.. hehehe....

Denver Acuna

and to add up... I think my rectifier is working fine since it is charging or it is working since the time Ive cut the yellow wire and make it to fast charging.....