• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

is stock CDI of MIO has a higher rpm that stock CDI of Sniper??

Machi09

Super Veteran
i think the cdi of mio doesnt have limiter cause its automatic... correct me if im wrong masters

ash

Super Veteran
but it was advised by the technician of yamaha and he said it works.
BTW - thanks to sir jamskie and machi for making comment to this matter.
thanks,.

docgabby

Super Veteran
but it was advised by the technician of yamaha and he said it works.
BTW - thanks to sir jamskie and machi for making comment to this matter.
thanks,.
the mio cdi works with the sniper. i use a mio racing cdi for my sniper drag bike. the only problem is finding a mio cdi plug!! yes the stock mio cdi has a higher limiter compared to a stock sniper cdi. but the trouble of convertion is a head ache. stick to the racing cdi specific for a sniper if you want plug and play. you can buy a second hand stock mio cdi at a cheaper price from those who have converted to a racing cdi and splice your stock wiring to accept the mio cdi but cdi plug is hard to find!!! i have tried automotive shops, the parts manual has a whole harness,. so what i used was a raider 150cdi plug (it has six wires, one wire was rendered not used) i used a mio racing cdi for my drag bike for simplicity of wiring because you want less wires to worry about since there is no tps, no auto fans, no additional routing or whatever. the mio racing cdi kept everything simple. we burned one racing cdi for sniper when we forgot to study the wiring diagram of the sniper when we converted it to the dragbike. wanting to keep things simple ending up an....ouch..... 4500 loss!!! performance wise racing cdi mio vs racing cdi sniper??? we didnt have a dyno to measure but i think??? the mio racing cdi has a slightly higher rev limit than the sniper racing cdi. just in case you decide to use a mio cdi and you have the mio cdi plug be careful in when you splice the stock wiring. you could end up with more of a mess than you least expected.

ash

Super Veteran
cdi plug? "un po bang ung kabitan?
but Sir, Doc how does it works with the sniper.
is mio cdi add speed to sniper??

docgabby

Super Veteran
cdi plug? "un po bang ung kabitan?
but Sir, Doc how does it works with the sniper.
is mio cdi add speed to sniper??
plugs have "male and female" counterparts. its what the cdi plugs into in the harness. the mio cdi has 5 wires..find its counterpart in the stock wiring harness of the sniper..to do that study the wiring diagram, open up the taped out harness, establish new connections....etc. etc. etc. weather proof it again..etc. etc. etc. it adds speed because your bike can rev higher.

SaM03

Super Veteran
ka grupo ko po guma gamit ng 2 cdi 1 stock cdi for sniper and 1 cdi for mio... pero sbi nya ung old mio cdi dapat gamitin... kalimotan ko ung code na sinabi nya sa cdi.. d ko lng alam panu ginawa nya ung wirings... porpuse ng 2 cdi is ung stock cdi is para sa mga sensors tapos ung sa mio nmn tanggal limiter ng sniper...