• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

How To: Sprocket Extender

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
Just incase you want to extend outward your engine sprocket for whatever reasons,
here is the trick how you will do it.

I need this mods since im using 150/70 tire on my sniper and the chain is touching
the side of the tire. So to fix it, move outward the engine sprocket.

-I use 2 engine sprocket.
-In one sprocket, i remove the teeth
-while in the other sprocket, i bore 2.5mm deep and 30mm wide so that the lock ring will embed inside the sprocket.
P1030071.JPG

Here the toothless sprocket is inserted first, Then sandwiched the sprocket lock nut by the new sprocket
P1030073.JPG

Notice the sprocket, its almost on the edged of the transmission shaft.
P1030072.JPG

Hope that helps :)

FINAL OUTLOOK :D
it moves the sprocket outward by 7mm
P1030074.JPG

peakabu

Super Veteran
sir job...how about the alignment of the front and rear sprocket since the front sprocket has been moved forward...?the chain might jump on the rear sprocket or the right side of the chain might suffer from much friction...

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
sir job...how about the alignment of the front and rear sprocket since the front sprocket has been moved forward...?the chain might jump on the rear sprocket or the right side of the chain might suffer from much friction...
you must also align the rear sprocket with the engine sprocket.
you can move outward the rear sprocket by using washers between the mags and sprocket.

peakabu

Super Veteran
can i see how its done...?isnt that the nut from the sprockets bolt might touch the swingarm if its moved outward..?

sniping_area

Super Veteran
Just incase you want to extend outward your engine sprocket for whatever reasons,
here is the trick how you will do it.

I need this mods since im using 150/70 tire on my sniper and the chain is touching
the side of the tire. So to fix it, move outward the engine sprocket.

-I use 2 engine sprocket.
-In one sprocket, i remove the teeth
-while in the other sprocket, i bore 2.5mm deep and 30mm wide so that the lock ring will embed inside the sprocket.
View attachment 18835

Here the toothless sprocket is inserted first, Then sandwiched the sprocket lock nut by the new sprocket
View attachment 18837

Notice the sprocket, its almost on the edged of the transmission shaft.
View attachment 18836

Hope that helps :)

FINAL OUTLOOK :D
it moves the sprocket outward by 7mm
View attachment 18838
adaptor

xclickclickx

Veteran
Your a Legend!,
Nice bike :inlove: ,
quick question what rims are you using now, what are they from?
also your swing arm what bikes that from??
Cheers :)

rotsen

Sir nid help...i try d 600grams en my sprocket is 14/40...and d result is wik in top end...whats d best combi sprocket sir....

Help Sir Admin, my SC is in stock engine no modes, I just modify the tyres, front is 60/80 and the rear is 60/90 and I used DBS open pipe big elbow. This is the question, what sprocket that I should use Sir Admin? I have a race and the modes is on tyres and exhaust only, that's the rules. Help Sir Admin please. by the way the race is in 350meters.