• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

How To Know If Starter Motor Is Busted

sniper_sierra

Help plss. I cant use my push start. Just heard a tik tik sound near the starter motor when i tried to push start. Changed battery still wont start, what seems to be the problem is there a way to test my starter motor or is there any problem? Rectifier or regulator maybe? Tnx for the response.

sniper135lc

Super Veteran
i think you brush is almost worn out.
you may removed the carbon brush and replace it. sometimes the rotor contact may burnt and this may not be use anymore to try to replace it. use air blow to spit off all grinded carbon deposits inside.

hope it will help.

sniper_sierra

i think you brush is almost worn out.
you may removed the carbon brush and replace it. sometimes the rotor contact may burnt and this may not be use anymore to try to replace it. use air blow to spit off all grinded carbon deposits inside.

hope it will help.
Thnx po master do i need to disassemble the whole starter motor? Sori i dnt have idea if what is the carbon brush? Is that easy to remove or i will have to bring my bike to shop? Tnx again.

sniper135lc

Super Veteran
yes it is very easy to removed there was two bolts on the magneto side at the upper portion. just removed the two bolts from where is the starter is and removed the red wire and pull it all out and check the carbon brush on the red wire.

if you don't have any idea just bring it to a certified mechanic.

you may test the motor by connecting it directly to the battery.

sniper_sierra

Thnks s guys s infrmatve response, might as well dlhin ko n lng s mecganic, at least n ndgdgan knowledge hehe. Tnx a lot.

sniper135lc

Super Veteran
hi bro sorry for late posting below image was the bolt that's need to be unscrew to remove the starter motor.

sniper135lc

Super Veteran
hi bro sorry for late posting below image was the bolt that's need to be unscrew to remove the starter motor.