• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

How To Avoid Moist In The Helmet During A Rainy Ride?

raksta

Super Veteran
hey guys can you share your best or tested methods on how to avoid moist in our visor during a rainy ride and to avoid lumps of water outside the visor?

Thanks in advance!!:)

raksta

Super Veteran
i thought you already have idea :D
BHER135 i have actually but am a little bit shy...heheheehe

my friend shared this to me... wipe a good amount of silicon oil inside your visor used a cloth in doing this.

silicon oil can be bought in auto supplies... it is also used to lubricate airsoft guns..it is transparent in color like a glue in texture...

tried it yesterday but the rain was so short that the condition was not good for testing....and that i can't tell yet if it is effective in long rides:)

takomi

Super Veteran
motoworld sell this anti moisture on helmets lens, but i have no idea how much it cost,.. its like LCD PROTECTOR install inside helmet lens:)

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
pm to you my reply, so hard to convert to english.. hahahahaha
use this http://translate.google.com (filipino to english) :D

BHER135 i have actually but am a little bit shy...heheheehe

my friend shared this to me... wipe a good amount of silicon oil inside your visor used a cloth in doing this.

silicon oil can be bought in auto supplies... it is also used to lubricate airsoft guns..it is transparent in color like a glue in texture...

tried it yesterday but the rain was so short that the condition was not good for testing....and that i can't tell yet if it is effective in long rides:)

bro can you show a picture of silicon oil?

pugo08

Super Veteran
These are the ways I have stopped my various motorcycle helmets from clouding up. I’ll tell you my favourite at the end.
  1. Sprays - there are various sprays on the market that claim to keep your view clear. I’m not sure what the science is behind these and I expect that they all work fine in laboratory conditions,.but in my experience I don’t ride around in laboratories too much. They seem to work okay for a day or so but then a small area starts to mist up again, then this area gradually starts to grow. Apart from usually appearing just where you need to look the presence of the ‘splodge’, just outside your vision can also be intensely annoying.
  2. Inserts – plastic inner layers for your visor to give, in effect, double glazing. Fantastic idea, and maybe these do work, although I don’t see too many motorcycle helmets with them on. Confession time; I have never actually used one in ‘anger’. I discovered a flaw in their operation. A bit like sticky tape, they are tricky to manoeuvre and you have to avoid them sticking to themselves. Whilst I was carefully trying to align the visor and the insert with my one pair of hands, I managed to drop the insert on to my legs. They are sticky! Wearing shorts meant I dropped the insert onto my hairy legs. To get it off again. I literally had to tear it off. Result; one ‘Brazilian ‘ leg with strange hairless section and one seriously visually compromised lid. Like looking through a tangled hairy forest. I’ve never bothered since.
  3. Wipe it – this is okay in an emergency, but it’s not ideal. It does has the advantage of actually working, a gloved finger will remove the mist, but has a larger number of disadvantages. You are not in control of the bike while you are doing it as inevitably you will be doing it while moving. By not in control, I mean you won’t have both hands on the handlebars, and you also won’t have full vision. Also like the inside of a car windscreen all your wipes will leave streaks. When the moisture dries, later on, when it goes on dark these can be a real problem in streetlights or car headlights. Probably worse than the original fogging.
  4. Open the visor a little bit – again has the advantage of actually working but has the disadvantage of letting the rain and the wind in. This is not how the visor was designed to operate and can also have the effect of making you damp and miserable. Also doesn’t always clear those hard to reach spots near the top either.
  5. Wear a mask to cover your nose – this works by stopping your moist breath from even contacting the visor in the first place. The breath is trapped by the mask. The mask doesn’t have to be specially designed for the job it could just as easily be a neckerchief or bandanna. Or my favourite, the ‘Buff’. The disadvantage is that you can get a seriously sweaty face, but the added advantage is that you can look a little bit like a Pirate, which all adds to the mystique…(is that sad or what?)
personally, i've tried 3,4,5. it works. number 4 can be annoying when i'm using ls2 helmets because the visor only locks up at 2 certain points, rain can still go through your face.
link : http://www.motorcyclehelmetsadvice.com/motorcycle-helmets-how-to-stop-your-visor-from-fogging-up/

thon

Super Veteran
These are the ways I have stopped my various motorcycle helmets from clouding up. I’ll tell you my favourite at the end.
  1. Sprays - there are various sprays on the market that claim to keep your view clear. I’m not sure what the science is behind these and I expect that they all work fine in laboratory conditions,.but in my experience I don’t ride around in laboratories too much. They seem to work okay for a day or so but then a small area starts to mist up again, then this area gradually starts to grow. Apart from usually appearing just where you need to look the presence of the ‘splodge’, just outside your vision can also be intensely annoying.
  2. Inserts – plastic inner layers for your visor to give, in effect, double glazing. Fantastic idea, and maybe these do work, although I don’t see too many motorcycle helmets with them on. Confession time; I have never actually used one in ‘anger’. I discovered a flaw in their operation. A bit like sticky tape, they are tricky to manoeuvre and you have to avoid them sticking to themselves. Whilst I was carefully trying to align the visor and the insert with my one pair of hands, I managed to drop the insert on to my legs. They are sticky! Wearing shorts meant I dropped the insert onto my hairy legs. To get it off again. I literally had to tear it off. Result; one ‘Brazilian ‘ leg with strange hairless section and one seriously visually compromised lid. Like looking through a tangled hairy forest. I’ve never bothered since.
  3. Wipe it – this is okay in an emergency, but it’s not ideal. It does has the advantage of actually working, a gloved finger will remove the mist, but has a larger number of disadvantages. You are not in control of the bike while you are doing it as inevitably you will be doing it while moving. By not in control, I mean you won’t have both hands on the handlebars, and you also won’t have full vision. Also like the inside of a car windscreen all your wipes will leave streaks. When the moisture dries, later on, when it goes on dark these can be a real problem in streetlights or car headlights. Probably worse than the original fogging.
  4. Open the visor a little bit – again has the advantage of actually working but has the disadvantage of letting the rain and the wind in. This is not how the visor was designed to operate and can also have the effect of making you damp and miserable. Also doesn’t always clear those hard to reach spots near the top either.
  5. Wear a mask to cover your nose – this works by stopping your moist breath from even contacting the visor in the first place. The breath is trapped by the mask. The mask doesn’t have to be specially designed for the job it could just as easily be a neckerchief or bandanna. Or my favourite, the ‘Buff’. The disadvantage is that you can get a seriously sweaty face, but the added advantage is that you can look a little bit like a Pirate, which all adds to the mystique…(is that sad or what?)
personally, i've tried 3,4,5. it works. number 4 can be annoying when i'm using ls2 helmets because the visor only locks up at 2 certain points, rain can still go through your face.

link : http://www.motorcyclehelmetsadvice.com/motorcycle-helmets-how-to-stop-your-visor-from-fogging-up/
Very informative Sir. Thanks..:)

raksta

Super Veteran

i have tried 5 already 4 works also but when your really fast the water gets inside and your mask will get wet...
here in our place CORDILLERA region very mountainous area weather is also cold the moment you wear your helmet it starts to cloud up..that whay i bought a modular helmet.. breathing downwards through your mouth seems very tiring for me .hehehe:D

traxxas-modifier here is a picture of the silicon oil pretty much the same with the one that i bought but mine comes in a tube like a toothpaste gonna try it today if its effective cost 80 petot!!only.. same color but the texture depends on the use some are really sticky.

how about the outside of our visor... how can we avoid lumps... this one really annoys me specially at night when light enters your visor with water lumps on it.... my vision gets blurred!!

rich_havens

Super Veteran
this is what i did to somehow lessen the moist aside from having a "breath guard" installed in my helmet...

during the ride in rainy days... i make a little opening on the visor enough for some air to pass thru my helmet but enough so as not to make the raindrops get inside my helmet...

rich_havens

Super Veteran
this is what i did to somehow lessen the moist aside from having a "breath guard" installed in my helmet...

during the ride in rainy days... i make a little opening on the visor enough for some air to pass thru my helmet but enough so as not to make the raindrops get inside my helmet...

buy anti-fog in concord/megamall..the one they use in the windshield of the car,just wipe it in your lens..effective for me.