• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

How to: AIS plugging or Removal for better performance

He Man

Sir Traxx, I have done this before, but i blocked only the smaller pipe on the top which comes from the inlet manifold and didnt block the pipe comes from air filter box. After this the bike cannot rev more than 10000rpm which can rev 12500 with daytona ecu.

Can you please tell me the reason.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
He Man said:
Sir Traxx, I have done this before, but i blocked only the smaller pipe on the top which comes from the inlet manifold and didnt block the pipe comes from air filter box. After this the bike cannot rev more than 10000rpm which can rev 12500 with daytona ecu.

Can you please tell me the reason.
you are using R15?

try to remove it and see if its really the cause.
EFI are quite complicated compared with carburetor version

sniper31

Super Veteran
Sir traxxas, you 4get one AIS to seal! The SMALL HOSE FR0M MANIFOLD. According to sir Jeff we must seal it.

Also you must seal the AIS from engine breather in the airbox. And put a CONE TYPE AIR FILTER on the engine breather. See what haens posted on "Tips and Tricks"for more info. Tnx

Nastro Azzurro

sir traxxas, and everybody

this thing still fogging my mind...what actually purpose of resonator (connected from top side of T135 head to air filter box) and vacuum sensing (the tube connected from top T135 head to manifold)? I already googled web, and i found the resonator is equipped to reduce intake noises, it maybe have some other purpose, please share here.

the vacuum sensing, is used for?im not sure wether it mybe use to burn unburn fuel/fumes..is it same as PCV valve on car's engine?

I really eager to know, how its functioning...or mybe some explaination with diagram..........TQ in advance

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
@sniper31
big hose is still connected to the airbox.
we put the blockage inside the hose to prevent air to travel.

small hose is stil connected to the manifold we added a blockage
for the same reason

@nastro
heres the explanation from the service manual

AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM
AIR INJECTION
The air induction system burns unburned
exhaust gases by injecting fresh air (secondary
air) into the exhaust port, reducing the
emission of hydrocarbons.
When there is negative pressure at the exhaust
port, the reed valve opens, allowing secondary
air to flow into the exhaust port. The required
temperature for burning the unburned exhaust
gases is approximately 600 to 700 °C.

AIR CUT-OFF VALVE
The air cutoff valve is operated by the intake gas
pressure through the piston valve diaphragm.
Normally, the air cut-off valve is open to allow
fresh air to flow into the exhaust port (å to ∫).
During sudden deceleration (the throttle valve
suddenly closes), negative pressure (ç) is gen-
erated and the air cutoff valve is closed in order
to prevent after-burning. Additionally, at high
engine speeds and when the pressure decreas-
es, the air cut-off valve automatically closes to
guard against a loss of performance.

Attachments

undeadx

is there any evidence that this mod/trick ACTUALLY increase performance?? i mean if the horsepower increased by at most 10% (about 1hp on stock engine, which is very unlikely) i think going GREEN is better, unless your bike is already heavily modded/for racing..

Nastro Azzurro

it is not proven to increase HP/TORQUE...from dis tips & trick its more likely to reduce backfire....anyway, i found on website..dis AIS is suppose to reduce backfire with standard exhaust system, once its removed, the intake noise will increase (resonator removal), and good news is, it reducing difficulties to get perfect carburetor tuning, because there is no longer mixture changes in intake system (when dis tubing of Air Cut Valve blocked)..however, i don't know whether its affect throttle and engine respons...

im using yoshimura trioval, when sudden deceleration...sometimes there is 1 popping sound (backfire) even i increased the air fuel mixture and dis is with std AIS..

this reason, might related to Air Cut Valve that are not closed properly, the rubber diafram not in gud condition and followed by advanced ignition timing dat affected backfires, coz mixture didnt have much time to complete mixture burning...

Nastro Azzurro

dis tip might could helps me alot, coz im having problem with my idling problem when during throttle released, the idling takes time to get the normal idling timing...it might cause by air cut valve rubber diafram damaged...

undeadx

i thought "better performance" means more power.. to people who wants to apply this mod, please think twice as "better performance" would reduce/eliminate backfire and maybe increase throttle/engine response.. less emissions if FAR BETTER...

nikko25

Super Veteran
question guys..according to sir traxx block the small tube using electrical tape..is it enough to hold the air floowing thru the tube???im just worried it might worn out easily and worst go thru the manifold or air box... a little help ls.. Sir traxxx tnx!!!

raksta

Super Veteran
here in the phils better use the famous rambo slippers for kids hehehe
it made my bike very fast and durable hahaha

nice tried it already

AZ135

Veteran
The Air Injection System works in conjunction with the factory catalytic exhaust system. Extra air is used to help complete the combustion process of exhaust gases inside your factory muffler. If you are running after-market exhaust then this mod will do nothing.

Nastro Azzurro

AZ135 said:
The Air Injection System works in conjunction with the factory catalytic exhaust system. Extra air is used to help complete the combustion process of exhaust gases inside your factory muffler. If you are running after-market exhaust then this mod will do nothing.
sir az135 can u eleborate more? im confusing :roll: