• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

How to: AIS plugging or Removal for better performance

nash smtlc

:help::help: want to ask..why after i'm do this mods..my fuel comsumption increase and seem the fuel mixture become rich (plug color become dark)??..do i have to rejetting my carb again??..uma 28mm mj=95 pj=32 + shark 62mm block..thnks:dance:

casmot

i already plugged the ais tube with rubber but i left the small tubing on the top part remain untouched because i can hardly reach it without removing radiator, my question is is it safe

i already plugged the ais tube with rubber but i left the small tubing on the top part remain untouched because i can hardly reach it without removing radiator, my question is is it safe
i have also tried that bro but it was a failed ais plugging..you really need to close that small pipe as well to complete the ais plugging..or you wont really notice any difference if you have the open pipe you will still experience the popping sound everytime..but when i plugged the small tube the popping sound or back fire during deceleration is gone..maybe once in a while from high speed after releasing the accelerator completely..i noticed a better response when i plugged the ais system..downside is that the carbon deposits on the inside of my pipe seems to develop much faster than when i didn't closed the ais system..

buko0

Veteran
thanks mars, one more if i remove the radiator its necessary to drain the fluid right?
as per experience i removed my radiator to do this and boom, lots of coolant wasted. be careful in doing this, as to conserve coolant, do some precautionary measures to prevent what happened to me. :p

casmot

done, no need to remove radiator to reach that small tubing on top, i just remove my left side fairings to be able to touch it. @ buko0 maybe mx has a different ais construction for you to warrant removal of your radiator, i dont know. mine is a classic

buko0

Veteran
done, no need to remove radiator to reach that small tubing on top, i just remove my left side fairings to be able to touch it. @ buko0 maybe mx has a different ais construction for you to warrant removal of your radiator, i dont know. mine is a classic
no its just the same sir, i was just stupid to do it the hard way lol. anyway, i dont have long nose pliers either, so, there. :D

no worries bro...never tried it chuxkey, but the ais system was designed for the stock muffs with catalytic chamber to burn excess unburned gases, so therefore it is advisable to keep it open than to close it..you might experience something i do not know yet..please comment on this for those who have tried ais plugging with the stock muffler..

chuxkey

i will ask the expert first...hehe.worried it may lose performnce...but i will try it.how about the fuel..??more saving @ same only..??