• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

How to: AIS plugging or Removal for better performance

stella46

hi everyone,
just wanna ask, what the effect of the performance???
how many percent that will be effect at our bikes???
directly, how about the top speed:)???and is it good for standard bike???

Harishk

Sir traxxas,

NEED VERY URGENT HELP !!!! PLEASE !!!!

I seen your article on AIS blocking in T135, I removed catcon from R15 stock exhaust and I am getting popping sound from Muffler, I want to block AIS in my R15, can you tell me which pipe to block. Please.

Also blocking AIS will decrease mileage?​

Harishk

Sir traxxas,​
NEED VERY URGENT HELP !!!! PLEASE !!!!​
I seen your article on AIS blocking in T135, I removed catcon from R15 stock exhaust and I am getting popping sound from Muffler, I want to block AIS in my R15, can you tell me which pipe to block. Please.​
Also blocking AIS will decrease mileage?​

Sir Traxxas,

I got the information by comparing the R15 AIS diagram and the T135 AIS diagram. Today I block the AIS same way like you have done, But I have used White color racing slippers to complete the Job:D

Now there is no back firing at all. Now I need to know,

1) Will this AIS Block cause increase in fuel consumption?
2) Also is AIS used only for sending fresh air to exhaust or is there any other functionality for AIS System?

Pls help me......

lynkchiz

i didnt block the top part (the one with the small hose) what effect would that do? do i also need to close it? thanks :)

Harishk

May be some dirty air from exhaust port may enter the Throttle body, while the reed valve opens. So better block it with a Tape.

lynkchiz

okay done :) thanks :) anyways after closing the top part or the tiny AIS, it is much easir to tune the carb. i dont know why eheh :)

SNIPY 135

Super Veteran
Sir Traxxas,

I got the information by comparing the R15 AIS diagram and the T135 AIS diagram. Today I block the AIS same way like you have done, But I have used White color racing slippers to complete the Job:D

2) Also is AIS used only for sending fresh air to exhaust or is there any other functionality for AIS System?

Pls help me......
WHATS THE SOLUTION ON THIS PROBLEM BRO?

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
Sir Traxxas,

Pls help me......

BLOCK THE #4 hose in the R15 diagram. The hose that is coming from the airbox