• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

How to: AIS plugging or Removal for better performance

AZ135

Veteran
All after-market exhaust systems do not have a catalytic chamber where the exhaust gases are converted to less toxic substances. So, plugging the AIS means that no air is pump into the exhaust and that is it. Pumping air into the exhaust does not increase or decrease the engine performance, it only decrease the toxic gas emission level.

undeadx

AZ135 said:
All after-market exhaust systems do not have a catalytic chamber where the exhaust gases are converted to less toxic substances. So, plugging the AIS means that no air is pump into the exhaust and that is it. Pumping air into the exhaust does not increase or decrease the engine performance, it only decrease the toxic gas emission level.
better not plugging the AIS, i think less toxic gas is better than confusing "better performance".

6sic6

Super Veteran
I've done this modification a year ago....

and also i've make the hole inside the head (picture below) clogged....

Attachments

nic025

Veteran
6sic6 said:
I've done this modification a year ago....

and also i've make the hole inside the head (picture below) clogged....

Sir what are the effect clogging the AIS and that hole? TIA

6sic6

Super Veteran
anti back fire i guess???

im using yypang longy.........

before i made this mods, i'm so sick hearing back fires.....

but after, no back fires at all...

:)

harrish10

Super Veteran
Just try plugging the 2 hoses! Theres a slight changes in my pipe it sounds even better! Thanks sir traxxas for this tip, its really helpful!

Sidro

Super Veteran
Is this modification is good only for upgraded engines?, or can be applied even on stock engine with aftermarket pipe?

jmoquin

Super Veteran
still..theres the back fire(yup minimal back fire already)... i also try this kind of mods...

kit

Veteran
in the large hole i used a screw type of bolt, the head of the bolt fits just snug into the hose, and for the small hose icut a piece of concrete nail thats snugs the small hose,

OT, also for the right side of the airfilter box i did not remove the hose from the airfilter as per sir haen suggested I just unpluged it from the engine & close that line wit another bolt, added a new piece of hose into the engines hole & left it snorkle side down next to the orig hose & tie wired it together, can anyone pls elaborate why this hose is not sucking air, instead it pumps out the air from the engine into the airbox filter, anyways, after the mods now it pumps out the air outside the airbox. tia