• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

HID issue

bhek_21

Super Veteran
i got the same problem sir on my motorcycle when i cut the "yellow wire" the thing is when you cut your yellow wire. the charging current is not stable and yes it exceeds to 15Volts. what i did was i bought a diode here on one of our local electronic store . i don't know what diode it is but what i said to the saleslady was "pabili po ng diode yung pang motor" it cost me P15.00 only. so after i put the diode on my yellow wire (remember that the diode has polarity) after that i tested my charging while revving realllllly high and i only got 12-13volts. idle is 11-12 volts. i tested it with my digital multimeter.
@jhetzki21
Sir you cut the yellow wire for fast charging, where did you put the diode on the yellow wire that you've cut?? and where does the end point of the diode connected to?? I'm just confused..

bhek_21

Super Veteran
i got the same problem sir on my motorcycle when i cut the "yellow wire" the thing is when you cut your yellow wire. the charging current is not stable and yes it exceeds to 15Volts. what i did was i bought a diode here on one of our local electronic store . i don't know what diode it is but what i said to the saleslady was "pabili po ng diode yung pang motor" it cost me P15.00 only. so after i put the diode on my yellow wire (remember that the diode has polarity) after that i tested my charging while revving realllllly high and i only got 12-13volts. idle is 11-12 volts. i tested it with my digital multimeter.
@jhetzki21
Sir you cut the yellow wire for fast charging, where did you put the diode on the yellow wire that you've cut?? and where does the end point of the diode connected to?? I'm just confused..

jhetzki21

Veteran
i don't have any picture from my sniper but this is the picture from my former raider150(raider150 have 2(yellow,whiteyellow wire) and the same thing i did for my yamaha sniper. cut the yellow wire and put the diode. marked part going to rectifier. hope this picture helps.

Attachments

karlo

Super Veteran
The main point is to make the HID battery operated and convert to fast charging? am i right masters?

bhek_21

Super Veteran
The main point is to make the HID battery operated and convert to fast charging? am i right masters?
Here are the requirements for using HID.

1. Battery operated electrical system (not stator powered)
2. Conversion to fast charging to compensate the load of HID kit.

In short.. You're right sir @karlo ..:D
But this should be done by a good electrical mechanic..

karlo

Super Veteran
Here are the requirements for using HID.

1. Battery operated electrical system (not stator powered)
2. Conversion to fast charging to compensate the load of HID kit.

In short.. You're right sir @karlo ..:D
But this should be done by a good electrical mechanic..
yes!? tnx sir :)
i just DIYmy new HID projector last week, so far so good, but still under observation..
BTW im not a electrician i only knew how electricity works and the positive and negative charge,
i just wanted to learn, since its my snipee no one to blame if somethings burn up :)
tnx bro

bhek_21

Super Veteran
i just DIYmy new HID projector last week, so far so good, but still under observation..
BTW im not a electrician i only knew how electricity works and the positive and negative charge,
i just wanted to learn, since its my snipee no one to blame if somethings burn up :)
tnx bro
It's good since you know how the electricity works in our bikes..;):thumbsup:
Here, in yamahat135, we are brothers that share ideas.. we learn from experiences of others, and others learn on our experiences..:D

Ericson

Super Veteran
tnx bro

sir patingen ng projector mo ok lang? plan ko din sana maglagay nyan..

karlo

Super Veteran
mga papi! kagabi, habang umaandar ako, binuksan ko yung HID ko, biglang umilaw yung blue LED sa BRT CDI ko then nawala batak tapos namatay na makina, then hindi na mabuhay,.. kinabahan talaga ako, tapos binatak akong tropa ko mga 200 meters, then nawala na yung blue light,. tapos ayun umandar na,..
ano kaya cause nun mga papi? TIA :)

karlo

Super Veteran
@karlo
I agree with sir @ronald031803.. Probably your battery got drained.. Did you try to use your kick starter to run your bike after it happens?
i have no kick starter pedal,.. i dont know what happened, the blue light indicator of my CDI just light up, then i got no power, but after maybe 10 mins, blue light disappeared then i try to press the electronic button, then the motorcycle start up normally